You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This programme is highlighting the debt at Manchester United and the green and gold fight against the Glaziers.

How the hell have they swung this. A serious BBC investigative programme is just the sort of publicity we could do with in the fight against Twit & Twat.

probably the debt in football is fairly topical anyway, the Utd takeover bid has momentum at the moment and it's the biggest debt in the league to deal with. Also several very rich people who they can talk to involved in the take over who are more than willing to discuss to BBC to help their own agenda.

Like it or not, and no disrespect to anyone at SOS, but they have high profile individuals on their campaign. People who carry a bit of gravitas, and are known and taken seriously in their field, whether it is PR, journalism, marketing, banking/finance, to name a few. We don't have anything like the visibility in the sort of circles that can make things happen. Until we have powerful allies in the media and in business, we're always going to look a bit homespun in comparison to the stuff going on in the toilet.

As mentioned, more friends in the media etc.

I always remember that ITV show with a countdown of the greatest ever Champions league matches (think that was it, might of been greatest games in general).

Uniteds Bayern final was number 1 and Istanbul was runner up. All bias aside, come on, really?

That spoke volumes to me.

I always remember that ITV show with a countdown of the greatest ever Champions league matches (think that was it, might of been greatest games in general).

Uniteds Bayern final was number 1 and Istanbul was runner up.

Really? That IS incredible!

Like it or not, and no disrespect to anyone at SOS, but they have high profile individuals on their campaign. People who carry a bit of gravitas, and are known and taken seriously in their field, whether it is PR, journalism, marketing, banking/finance, to name a few. We don't have anything like the visibility in the sort of circles that can make things happen. Until we have powerful allies in the media and in business, we're always going to look a bit homespun in comparison to the stuff going on in the toilet.

Powerful allies amongst our own support would be a start.

Benitez has gone now, yet some of those screaming about how he and the owners being seperate issues are STILL not talking about what a state the club is in - instead focusing on either why Benitez had to go, or who the next manager should be, or how we should all unite. I felt sick when I read earlier today someone STILL going on about how Benitez didn't do enough with the resources he had.

Of course we should all unite, but not necessarily behind the next manager, we should unite against the owners - and how there isn't several stickies on that subject at the top of every LFC forum, including this one, I don't know.

Has anyone, SOS or otherwise, contacted the BBC about doing an investigative piece?

The BBC are probably doing this off their own backs, but it doesn't hurt to ask them, either.

The Mancs campaign has been running for a few years and they've built up some good media contacts which is going to help them. That said, they're still absolutely nowhere near getting what they want.

Regardless of their debt; We have no manager, 2 complete douchebags running the club, a CHELSEA fan as chairman and no champions league. Everyday we read that gerrard/torres/masch etc are being sold/want to leave. We are in a bigger mess than them and THEY get the TV time? fuckin makes me sick that they fuckers are having their problems exposed whilst tweedledum and tweedle fucking dee sit in their ivory towers thousands of miles away laughing and wondering how else to suck the "franchise" dry.

They , MUST or RUST or whatever their name is has not made an impact like SOS has In my opinion. At least with regards to our american owners their is a light at the end of the tunnel.

It certainly seems that way, though of course they've continued to have success on the pitch. How different would it be if we'd have had the success they've had and they'd slipped out of the top 4?

Unfuckinbelievable. Here we are on the point of fuckin extinction and in a much worse state than them (altho they`re quite bad too, but they have more income to manage they`re debt) and they get a programme all about it.

They also pay alot less yearly interest on a debt nearly twice the size than what we have.