You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do You Want England To Win The World Cup?

njackets

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not arsed.

I won't be supporting them, but I wouldn't be gutted or anything if they won. I'm not too fond of the image of Rooney and Terry getting their grubby hands on the trophy, but it wouldn't exactly be enough to put a twat mood on me like when I see, say, the Mancs win a trophy.

I'm just looking forward to watching a summer of football as a neutral and not being arsed about the results.

Why, exactly? Do you have to encounter the English on a day-to-day basis that will really make it "piss all over your summer"?

Where I go on holidays every summer is an English area is Spain. (Murcia). Now i will be over there from the 8th of July to the 4th of August. Why would I want them to win and listen to all that gloating?

Not arsed.

I won't be supporting them, but I wouldn't be gutted or anything if they won. I'm not too fond of the image of Rooney and Terry getting their grubby hands on the trophy, but it wouldn't exactly be enough to put a twat mood on me like when I see, say, the Mancs win a trophy.

I'm just looking forward to watching a summer of football as a neutral and not being arsed about the results.

Pretty much this.

Of course, if Shrek, Mongo, and/or Fat Frank get injured, that's fine. Also, if Plug's uglier brother misses the final that'd leave our Captain to lift the trophy - and I'd be happy enough with that.

But then, I'd also be happy if Spain or Argentina won it.

After they cheated you out of a place in the tournament. I'm surprised Robbie.

Im still bitter about that, Its just the reaction it would get over here. Theres T-shirts being sold over here ABF (Anyone but France) and there are ads on the TV saying 'Thousands of people up for anyone against France'. It does my head in.

It happened 6 months ago like, I wish they would get over it. Theres no guaruntee we would have won on penos. We had enough chances in normal time.