You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why is Pepe the only one saying anything?

Lurtz

He's the only one who won't be playing in the world cup?

and he is a legend. Only Reina, Carragher (and Rafa tbf) have committed to the club in this mess.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard doesn't want to back Rafa! I have read some shite on this site, mainly by the T.A.R.T.S but that could quite possibly be the most pathetic excuse of the lot.

The club is going to the fucking dogs and being systematicaly torn apart by two fucking robbing parasites, and Gerrard (a born red) doesn't want to say anything in case Rafa gets a bit of support as a consequence!

So Gerrard would rather Rafa went than the yanks? Because that is what you are saying! Well in that case, follow Rafa out the door and take your titty lip with you!

He is a fucking Red, and no matter how shite we have been this past ten years I always looked to him and Carra and thought they are hurting as well! I don't think that about Gerrard anymore.

How does this theory work? Rafa goes, and then Gerrard comes out and says 'Oh yeah I forgot to mention the owners are twats as well' fucks sake!

It`s quite fucking easy to understand. Think of the anyone in your working history that you dont want to work with? I can picture that person in my mind, and I was desperate for him to sacked so I didn`t want to do anything to help him or even make it look like I was helping him.

wasnt there something in the echo last week saying Gerrard called Rafa to tell him that the stories saying he wanted him gone were false?

Edit:

here it is

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - News - Liverpool FC captain Steven Gerrard focused on World Cup with England

STEVEN GERRARD has shelved all talk about his future in an attempt to maximise the role he can play in firing England to World Cup glory.

The Liverpool captain will have a decision to make in the summer about whether he commits to another season with his boyhood club or seek a fresh challenge.

He, however, was angered by reports last Friday which suggested he had practically made his decision to quit Anfield because he is “fed up” with Rafa Benitez.

That is not the case and it is understood Gerrard contacted Benitez when he was in Spain last week to rubbish the story.

It is clear, though, that Gerrard – who has three years left on his contract – will have food for thought about what to do when the World Cup is over.

But as he prepares for England’s friendly with Mexico at Wembley tonight, the 29-year-old has admitted those thoughts are on hold.

He is determined to flourish with the Three Lions in South Africa and does not intend to “fall into the trap” of driving himself mad with constant speculation as was the case in 2004 and 2006 when Chelsea were aggressively pursuing his signature.

“There has been speculation about my future for the last two or three months but it seems to have been that way for a long time,” he said.

“But I won’t consider my future or think about what is going to happen to me until after the World Cup. I feel as if I am experienced enough now to park issues like that.

“If other people want to talk about my future, I can’t control that. For me I am really focused and determined to put all my energy into playing for England.

“I fell into the trap four years ago in the last World Cup, where I was driving myself mad thinking about my future. This time I won’t make that mistake.

“Then I would be going back to my room, reading papers, going on the internet and speaking to people at home who were telling me that there was stuff going on.

“I also knew Chelsea were very interested because my agent was telling me. But this year that won’t be happening.

All Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres need to is say that they are staying at LFC, but don't want to talk about the club as they are concentrating on the world cup. If they said that I'd be happy, rather than not committing to anything until after the world cup.

I think Gerrard and Torres are both doing this so they can see so action in the transfer market during the world cup - I think they are more concerned with the club bringing in new players (good ones), rather than getting rid of Rafa. As Rafa has proven he can challenge for the title if given a good enough squad.

Mascherano I think wants to leave - many due to his ho of a wife.

It`s quite fucking easy to understand. Think of the anyone in your working history that you dont want to work with? I can picture that person in my mind, and I was desperate for him to sacked so I didn`t want to do anything to help him or even make it look like I was helping him.

It is not 'quite fucking easy to understand' because that is not what you said! You said he will not criticise the Parasites, as some people might see that as backing for Rafa.

Basically you are saying he is more concerned about getting rid of Rafa and his own feelings and not being seen to support the manager than the club, and the health of the club.

It is a pile of humungous shite.

I think the only one of our 'big name' players that will leave is Mascherano. He had the opportunity to commit to a new contract before the World Cup and hasn't, theres been all these bleatings that his wife can't stand Liverpool / England since. If we could muster £30M for him, then reluctantly I think we would have to think about letting him go to Spain or Italy.

And yes Pepe is a leg. Think Dirk and Agger should follow suit.

"FF in 'issue getting clouded' shocker."

This was not meant to be about whether Gerrard or anyone else is staying or going, there's plenty of speculative threads about that. This was about our captain and other senior members passing up the opportunity to publicly state that we are a quality club with committed players but we are in a mess and are hoping that the ownership issue is sorted as soon as possible.

If anyone wants to leave they can go as far as I'm concerned. Liverpool FC is bigger than any player, past or present. But there is an opportunity here which only Pepe has taken up to any extent. It pisses me off that so many present and ex players are saying nothing.

"FF in 'issue getting clouded' shocker."

This was not meant to be about whether Gerrard or anyone else is staying or going, there's plenty of speculative threads about that. This was about our captain and other senior members passing up the opportunity to publicly state that we are a quality club with committed players but we are in a mess and are hoping that the ownership issue is sorted as soon as possible.

If anyone wants to leave they can go as far as I'm concerned. Liverpool FC is bigger than any player, past or present. But there is an opportunity here which only Pepe has taken up to any extent. It pisses me off that so many present and ex players are saying nothing.

A lot of our ex-players, it should be said, were raised and educated in a completely different Liverpool; one that says publically destablising the club is never the right thing to do. It wouldn't surprise me if, in one form or another, Gerrard and Kenny have discussed the issue and decided that starting/escalating a civil war wouldn't be in the clubs' best interest.

A lot of our ex-players, it should be said, were raised and educated in a completely different Liverpool; one that says publically destablising the club is never the right thing to do. It wouldn't surprise me if, in one form or another, Gerrard and Kenny have discussed the issue and decided that starting/escalating a civil war wouldn't be in the clubs' best interest.

I agree with that 100%.

My guess is that Gerrard doesn't want the owners issues (fucked up as they are) to cloud over Liverpool's problems on the pitch this season. I don't think he wants anyone to think that they're using that as an excuse for what happened this season.

Then he could say:

''Myself, and everyone involved with the footballing side of the club, have to take responsibility for our poor season. However, I believe the owners are wrong for this football club. The accounts and lack of investment in the squad, still no new stadium and their lies about putting no debt on the club will back this up. I want them to sell up for a reasonable price as soon as possible so we can go forward as a club on and off the pitch.''

I agree with that 100%.

My guess is that Gerrard doesn't want the owners issues (fucked up as they are) to cloud over Liverpool's problems on the pitch this season. I don't think he wants anyone to think that they're using that as an excuse for what happened this season.

You confuse making an excuse with rational reasoning. The owners issues should cloud anything and everything else. Other issues cannot be solved successfully before the owners leave.

I agree with that 100%.

I think that Gerrard knows, as Liverpool captain, he has to maintain some of the club's respect. If, say tomorrow, he decided to assail Hicks, call him a fat cunt, list his expenses, the debt he has placed on the club; what then? Hicks ego would mean that within hours he'd be on TV saying that Gerrard is a liar, a moaning cunt and could easily be replaced by Plessis etc. Gerrard would respond and around we go - it would be chaos. Would Hicks demand that Gerrard is sold? Would Rafa oblige or walk? Would Gerrard refuse to go? Would they both go? How do we attract/retain players/investment if the clubs owner is mud slinging with its prized asset?

You have to believe, or at least I choose to believe, that in their wisdom both Kenny and Gerrard think that focusing on their respective jobs is the best way to serve the clubs interest. Also, while I respect and understand imploring players and papers to speak out, I think it all futile. They'll leave on their terms and, short of killing them, there is very little we can do about it.

I think that Gerrard knows, as Liverpool captain, he has to maintain some of the club's respect. If, say tomorrow, he decided to assail Hicks, call him a fat cunt, list his expenses, the debt he has placed on the club; what then? Hicks ego would mean that within hours he'd be on TV saying that Gerrard is a liar, a moaning cunt and could easily be replaced by Plessis etc. Gerrard would respond and around we go - it would be chaos. Would Hicks demand that Gerrard is sold? Would Rafa oblige or walk? Would Gerrard refuse to go? Would they both go? How do we attract/retain players/investment if the clubs owner is mud slinging with its prized asset?

You have to believe, or at least I choose to believe, that in their wisdom both Kenny and Gerrard think that focusing on their respective jobs is the best way to serve the clubs interest. Also, while I respect and understand imploring players and papers to speak out, I think it all futile. They'll leave on their terms and, short of killing them, there is very little we can do about it.

Yeah and I have no doubt that Kenny and Gerrard are happy that there are people speaking up for them like Pepe, Aldo etc.

A lot of our ex-players, it should be said, were raised and educated in a completely different Liverpool; one that says publically destablising the club is never the right thing to do.

The what's-in-it-for-me brigade.

Pepe fucking rules. I hope he's made vice captain if Gerrard leaves.

I hate all this "All I'm doing is concentrating on the World Cup and England / Spain" bollocks. Sup boys, can't you chew gum and walk at the same time either?

I understand (to some extent anyway) why they're not going to vocally commit their futures whilst the shit at the top of this club is still sitting there festering but we need big players like Stevie and Nando to be as vocal as Pepe on this subject. FUCK England and FUCK Spain, these are your fans and we want to hear your support for the club, not some fucking shit diatribe about the world fucking cup. Christ, even the likes of Kuyt, Yossi and Johnson should have something to say here.

Man up and speak out like this big fucking leg has.

pepe1.jpg

I believe the reason it is Pepe that has spoken out like this is for the simple reason that both Torres and Gerrard are putting what preasure they can on the owners to sell

Masch still hasnt agreed his contract extention

Yossi is gone and should Gerrard be sold

Pepe will be the next Captain

Carra yet to agree a new deal

so its easy to see that he is the player best placed to do so having just signed his deal

Gerrard doesn't want to back Rafa! I have read some shite on this site, mainly by the T.A.R.T.S but that could quite possibly be the most pathetic excuse of the lot.

The club is going to the fucking dogs and being systematicaly torn apart by two fucking robbing parasites, and Gerrard (a born red) doesn't want to say anything in case Rafa gets a bit of support as a consequence!

So Gerrard would rather Rafa went than the yanks? Because that is what you are saying! Well in that case, follow Rafa out the door and take your titty lip with you!

He is a fucking Red, and no matter how shite we have been this past ten years I always looked to him and Carra and thought they are hurting as well! I don't think that about Gerrard anymore.

How does this theory work? Rafa goes, and then Gerrard comes out and says 'Oh yeah I forgot to mention the owners are twats as well' fucks sake!

It is not 'quite fucking easy to understand' because that is not what you said! You said he will not criticise the Parasites, as some people might see that as backing for Rafa.

Basically you are saying he is more concerned about getting rid of Rafa and his own feelings and not being seen to support the manager than the club, and the health of the club.

It is a pile of humungous shite.

You are right on the money.

It's a very simple equation but still people wanna twist logic all kinds of ways to suit their bullshit.

I'm just gonna carry on drinking til all this shit is done with.

Pepe Reina, i love you.

Carragher has said heaps - in fact he stated all the important shit quite succinctly.

"Those that want to play for Liverpool next season will turn up and those that dont, wont."

See, I don't like doing this but I've had to dish you out a portion of the finest neg. As I've already said, this is nothing to do with which player is staying or going, it's about our players being too quiet about the shit that's going on with G&H, with the exception of Pepe.

I hate all this "All I'm doing is concentrating on the World Cup and England / Spain" bollocks. Sup boys, can't you chew gum and walk at the same time either?

I understand (to some extent anyway) why they're not going to vocally commit their futures whilst the shit at the top of this club is still sitting there festering but we need big players like Stevie and Nando to be as vocal as Pepe on this subject. FUCK England and FUCK Spain, these are your fans and we want to hear your support for the club, not some fucking shit diatribe about the world fucking cup. Christ, even the likes of Kuyt, Yossi and Johnson should have something to say here.

Man up and speak out like this big fucking leg has.

pepe1.jpg

In answer to your question he is probably the only player at the club who doesnt think Rafa is a twat.