You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Valiant kid Jonjo's Kop calling

Hammill

Liverpool are ready to snap up Charlton superkid Jonjo Shelvey in a £2 million-plus move.

The Anfield club hope to tie up a quick deal for the attacking midfielder who has made almost 50 first team appearances for the Valiants, despite being just 18.

Shelvey has been linked with Chelsea and Arsenal since making his big breakthrough and also emerging through the international youth ranks.

However Liverpool - whose moves for top talent is being masterminded by Kenny Dalglish - expect to seal the transfer within weeks.

The gifted Essex boy would follow QPR kid Raheem Sterling to the Kop with the England babe already part of the emerging new-look at Liverpool.

The Merseysiders are also tracking Manchester United's young striker John Cofie as they look to bring in young British talent.

Valiant kid Jonjo's Kop calling - Liverpool FC

thoughts? sounds like the deal is almost done?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he should be tarmacing a drive with a name like that. He's pretty handy by all acounts so you would think it was a first team signing, but I thought benitez had overall say on who we sign, that reads as though Dalglish is doing the deal.

Odd if true

Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Speculation | Reds eyes Swedish starlet

Liverpool are lining up a move for talented Swedish teenager Kristoffer Peterson.

The 15-year-old, who currently plies his trade with Swedish minnows Savedalens IF, enjoyed a trial on Merseyside earlier this month.

Peterson impressed Liverpool's coaching team during his time training at the club and they are now ready to push through a move for the youngster.

The teenager is excited at the prospect of making the move to the English titans.

"I am no longer just toying with the dream. It feels like the club really want to give me a chance," Peterson told Expressen.

The player's advisor, Robert Bengtsson Barkroth, confirmed Liverpool are planning to offer Peterson a deal at Anfield.

"We understand that Liverpool are willing to offer an education package, that will include school and studies," said Bengtsson Barkroth.

Seen him a few times.

He's absolutely amazing, will go far in the game and he's bossed every game i've seen him in at the age of 17.

He'd certainly improve us in the future and for £2 Million you can't go wrong. If he went to any of the other teams in the top four i'd be gutted.

He's a lanky sort of player but pacey and powerful. Got a great shot on him and great technique. Can get the ball down and run with it and can also spread the play well from deep.

I think he's played across the midfield in all positions including out wide this seasonand when I saw him in one game he played behind Deon Burton and then ended the game up top on his own, scored and got an assist in a tough London derby away, so he's not exactly letting his age get the better of him.

He looks much older than 17/18, probably due to the fact that he's as bald as a bastard, very assured on the ball and I honestly think he'll go far in the game, hopefully with us.

To be fair to Rafa, or whoever else is doing the scouting of young players, but if we get him, on top of Stirling, Pacheco etc etc then we're doing really really well and the future should be bright.

That's my view on him anyway after seeing him a few times.

Oh and he's boss on FIFA.

Seen him a few times.

He's absolutely amazing, will go far in the game and he's bossed every game i've seen him in at the age of 17.

He'd certainly improve us in the future and for £2 Million you can't go wrong. If he went to any of the other teams in the top four i'd be gutted.

He's a lanky sort of player but pacey and powerful. Got a great shot on him and great technique. Can get the ball down and run with it and can also spread the play well from deep.

I think he's played across the midfield in all positions including out wide this seasonand when I saw him in one game he played behind Deon Burton and then ended the game up top on his own, scored and got an assist in a tough London derby away, so he's not exactly letting his age get the better of him.

He looks much older than 17/18, probably due to the fact that he's as bald as a bastard, very assured on the ball and I honestly think he'll go far in the game, hopefully with us.

To be fair to Rafa, or whoever else is doing the scouting of young players, but if we get him, on top of Stirling, Pacheco etc etc then we're doing really really well and the future should be bright.

That's my view on him anyway after seeing him a few times.

Oh and he's boss on FIFA.

Cheers for the info on Jonjo. I've never seen him play but I have to agree that buying someone like that for 2 million pounds is a bet that can't really go wrong. Much like when Aaron Lennon when to Spurs for 1 million, the outlay is so little that if it doesn't work out, is just a shame and you'll get half back anyway. If he fulfills his potential he sounds like he could be worth 10 times his current price in a few years.

And fuck me, he doesn't half look older than his age. Sure he's not using African years?

There was a lad in my year at school called Jonjo.

He was ginger & he liked basketball & tennis.

He was the complete antithesis to what I think a lad should be.

Therefore, I'm out.

How do you like your lads?

Sky Sports | Football News | League 1 | Charlton Athletic | Reds line-up Shelvey deal

Liverpool are set to win the race to sign Charlton starlet Jonjo Shelvey, skysports.com understands.

The 18-year-old midfielder has long been touted as one of the finest young prospects in England.

He has previously turned down Chelsea'sspacer.gif overtures, whilst Tottenham, Arsenalspacer.gif and West Ham are also known to have been keen on securing his services.

However, skysports.com now understands that Liverpoolspacer.gif have indeed won the battle for his services.

Despite the ongoing uncertainty at Anfield, over boss Rafa Benitezspacer.gif and the club's owners, they have managed to seal a deal for Shelvey.

It is understood that the teenager will travel to Merseyside early next week to undergo a medical - before a summer switch.

Shelvey will finish the season with Charlton, who he still hopes to guide back into the Championship.

The 18-year-old has long been touted as one of the finest young prospects in England.

He has previously turned down Chelsea's overtures, whilst Tottenham, Arsenal and West Ham are also known to have been keen on securing his services.

<STYLE type=text/css> a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;} </STYLE>

Sounds good. Senior team has been woeful, but there seems to be some good work for the future been done in the junior ranks. Although at 18, you'd think this lad is going to feature a bit next season. The Carling cup and Europa League should see a bit of him.