You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Valiant kid Jonjo's Kop calling

Hammill

I dont mean like that I should of been clearer.

I just think Benitez would be bad for him but he's signing for us knowing who the manager is so its his decison obviously.

This is such a massive load of rubbish and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting fed up with hearing this smae old crap rolled out over and over again. Rafa has played the following in first team games this season - Kelly, Ayala, Pacheco, Insua, Eccleston, Darby, and Spearing. All of these players have come through our youth system. Rafa not giving youth players a chance is total horse shit. The only player who Rafa has sold so far who has made a decent career post Liverpool is Ste Warnock. The others are all in the lower leagues and there's a reason for that.

Bloody Rafa and his not playing extremely mediocre young players...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a massive load of rubbish and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting fed up with hearing this smae old crap rolled out over and over again. Rafa has played the following in first team games this season - Kelly, Ayala, Pacheco, Insua, Eccleston, Darby, and Spearing. All of these players have come through our youth system. Rafa not giving youth players a chance is total horse shit. The only player who Rafa has sold so far who has made a decent career post Liverpool is Ste Warnock. The others are all in the lower leagues and there's a reason for that.

Bloody Rafa and his not playing extremely mediocre young players...

He's played them but have they had a continued run? Aside from Insua?

Therefore taking this kid and having him in and out like a yo-yo will only be bad for him in my opinion.

So you can gauge that on about 3 appearances can you?

Its all about opinion, and i cant be bothered arguing about anything anymore its all we've done all season and i'm sick of it to be honest.

You're the one who brought the fucking subject up on a thread about signing a youngster and because people don't fall at your feet and ask for your Newsletter you get all uppity!

You started this. You.

Which youth players do you think should have had an extended run in Benitez's time here but haven't?

Darby and Kelly. (although granted Kelly's been injured loads of late)

Haha! And how would you like me to Fuck off?#

Oohh that's a cheeky little edit there!

I apologise for that. I'm just sick of all the bickering and the in fighting.

It's his opinion, nothing else.

Be that as it may, it's also a generalisation that he's made with very little to back it up in order to get a bite or something. Liverpool not giving youth players a chance is a complaint which has only really become so widespread in recent times because of a lack of success and internet gobshites using any old excuse to have a go at a manager who they've lost patience with. My problem with it is that it's just not true.

And sorry WaltonRed, I didn't bundle you in with the "internet gobshites", I generally think your postings are very good.

Be that as it may, it's also a generalisation that he's made with very little to back it up in order to get a bite or something. Liverpool not giving youth players a chance is a complaint which has only really become so widespread in recent times because of a lack of success and internet gobshites using any old excuse to have a go at a manager who they've lost patience with. My problem with it is that it's just not true.

And sorry WaltonRed, I didn't bundle you in with the "internet gobshites", I generally think your postings are very good.

Guess it depends what you define 'giving a chance'. I think only Insua has been given a chance out of all the youngsters in recent seasons. One or two cup starts and the odd 10 minute cameo over the course of a season isn't what I'd class as a chance, which is what a most of the other younger players have had to make do with. Yet people seem to think that it's sufficient time to make up their minds up on whether a player is or isn't good enough. However, if you were to judge a first team player on similar evidence, you'd be called every name under the sun.

And there have been plenty of posters (myself and WR included) who have been calling for young players to get a chance for years, so it's not used as an excuse to slag the manager off.

So like I said, I guess it depends on what you'd class as a chance.

WaltonRed is an internet gobshite though.

Ha Ha Ha

Guess it depends what you define 'giving a chance'. I think only Insua has been given a chance out of all the youngsters in recent seasons. One or two cup starts and the odd 10 minute cameo over the course of a season isn't what I'd class as a chance, which is what a most of the other younger players have had to make do with. Yet people seem to think that it's sufficient time to make up their minds up on whether a player is or isn't good enough. However, if you were to judge a first team player on similar evidence, you'd be called every name under the sun.

And there have been plenty of posters (myself and WR included) who have been calling for young players to get a chance for years, so it's not used as an excuse to slag the manager off.

So like I said, I guess it depends on what you'd class as a chance.

Brilliant post

It's not as simple as just "giving youth players a chance" though is it? They have to be good enough for that chance. There is generally an experienced pro in their position who may already be doing a good job and is more than likely the better player. Plus there's usually another first teamer who can cover more than adequately like Mascherano did this year at right back.

If there was a potential Robbie Fowler or Steven Gerrard being held back or that had been allowed to leave and gone on to be ace somewehere else then there'd be cause for concern but there just isn't as far as I can see.

I actully think Rafa has given chances to too many young players who didn't do enough to deserve it.

Eccleston shouldn't have got a game, Darby was lucky to get a few imo, Plessis shouldn't. Injuries obviously played a big part in them getting in though.

Pacheco, Ayala, Spearing and Kelly deserved the games they've got.