You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would the KOP accept Mourinho?

Mitch

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All it would take would be for him to state that Garcia's goal was about a foot over the line and we would all love him. You know he would say it because he does have a sense of humour and he knows we would love him for it .

Ha ha. Yep that would make me laugh so hard. Defo change my mind that would.

Ain't that correct?

The way we play football is fucking awful.

As for Rafa as a person, he has done more washing in public than any LFC manager has ever done! The constant moaning to the press, leaking Madrid and other stories - was that Liverpool way then?

It's only happened since those 2 cunts walked in the door. Ask yourself why that is.

Not gonna happen guys, there's just no point in imagining it unless imagining it itself cheers you up for a bit or something. He's just not going to manage us.

And for the record, I'd love him here. Just not sure if it would really work out at all though with the way our finances are, and it could bring him down aswell as ourselves and leave both ourselves and Jose in a complete mess. If he came over here though I'd definitely admire the balls he'd have for taking the job on. Would have twice the respect for him in an instant.

But really? Not gonna happen with the way we're run. He'd laugh at our owners and what they offered him in wages and for transfer money. Yeah we have the foundations and more for what he'd want to build, but not the cash to see it through.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Hah, maybe his balls have grown bigger as he's got older and he's decided that a proper challenge and a great club are more to his liking than having the odds stacked in his favour. Would love it if so, but only if he remembered to be mindful of the continual respect this club deserves if he was managing it.

I think he'd be a lot happier and more content with himself later on in life if he remembered coming here and doing something great with this club than he'd be if he went to most other places, even if I still can't see it happening.

edit : and rafatspanishwaiter as a tag? Seriously, if that's not Tom R who has some serious issues with the manager, then that dig is pretty fucking lame unless you'd openly admit you said it. It's only mancs that usually come out with that shite.

Edited by Red Phoenix

What? We fail to qualify for the CL knockout stages and suddenly we're a laughing stock? How about some other respected sides in Europe, like Ajax and Juventus? Are they too laughing stocks? Or are they still respected and acknowledged as having a poor season? Wake up.

Incidentally, Mourinho has done fuck all in Europe since 04, and even with all the money Abramovich threw his way as well. Yes, Inter are through to the semi finals, but they had to face CSKA to get there. Barca will walk straight through them. Anyway, Mourinho doesn't give a shit about anything but his reputation.

And that brings me neatly to the point of the (brand new subject) thread we have here. I wouldn't want to see a manager who values himself and his own legacy above that of the club. As soon as things went a little haywire at Chelsea, "the special one" walked. He's already said he hates Italian football and he hasn't even managed two years at Inter. I wonder how their fans feel? He walked away from the winner's podium in 2004, where his Porto side defied the odds to win. Instead of celebrating with his heroic players, or at least staying on the pitch to watch them, or maybe salute the supporters, he just walked off, because he'd been lured by Chelsea and their megabucks.

But the press would like him, so yes, I'd love him here! Because that's all that matters! :wallbutt:

Jose Mourinho may be a good manager, but he wouldn't have the club at his heart. He places himself higher and that for me is unacceptable. If we can say that no player is bigger than Liverpool Football Club, then the same applies to managers. Would Mourino walk away at the first sign of trouble? Would he make noises about moving on whilst still in a contract with us? If the past is anything to go by, then I think the answer to both would be yes.

This isn't a post to say "I love Rafa" but the one thing I'll say in Benitez's favour is that he loves this club. I want a manager to realise that our club is the "Special One", not the manager himself.

Great post fella

I'd say it's because of results, performances, success (or lack thereof) etc. If we were playing good football, winning games and were successful in terms of trophies, then people wouldn't be arsed I think.

When things aren't going well, every minute detail is analysed and linked into performances, that's just the way it works I think.

I don't particularly like some of those traits you have mentioned there, when it comes to the current chief, but that's not what is important to me, it's about the things that matter on the pitch.

Fair enough all that.

So personality isn't important for as long as the manager is in the fans good books.

3 or 4 years down the line, when Mourinho hasn't won the league, we can all start hating him again because of his cuntish personality. I'm with Tom R, his accent is annoying, as is his stupid smug face (Jose, not Tom)

I can count the amount of genuinely likeable people involved in football on one hand and even less of them would be Liverpool standard. I fairly certain i'd hate Gerrard and definately Mascherano if they played for someone else but they dont so i fucking love them. The days of the likes of Bob Paisely being a top manager have long gone and, unfortuantely, clinging on to the past has already held this club back enough. Yes, Mourinho is a gobshite but i gurantee the same people would be saying the same thing about Rafa if he managed another English club.

The game has changed, i wish it hadn't but it has, what Liverpool need is someone who is best suited to getting the best out of what we have available be it Mourinho, Hiddink or whoever is best suited and can be convinced to take on the challenge. If that person defies the odds and brings us the title it wont matter how big a cunt he is at the moment that trophy is lifted we'll all fuckin love him.

Seriously? He's been at it since he walked through the door.

The first time he went proper public was straight after the CL final in 07 when he wanted cash for Torres. Prior to that there was fuck all and if he had a proper CEO like most clubs you would of heard fucking zip all.

I don't fucking have to, everyone knows what he's like and what he was doing.

He can fuck off.

Like i said if he had a half decent CEO he would have no need to even leak shit to the press. Anything you attribute to him at that time was about signing players. Players he knew he needed to progress.

Good on him.

Fine, do you want Mourinho here? Is that better? I only ask because ,most of the hypocritical fuckwits on here who want Rafa gone make excuse after excuse for Mourinho's behaviour. If someone doesn't like Rafa's 'poloticking' I don't see how they can then turn around and say we should sign Mourinho.

Like i said if he had a half decent CEO he would have no need to even leak shit to the press. Anything you attribute to him at that time was about signing players. Players he knew he needed to progress.

Good on him.

Players like who?