You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

If they wanted to end it with a bang, they could have just worked it so the deaths were at the end and the show stopped with the close up of Walt's watch.

I think they just wanted to set it up and chill the fuck out. The death scenes were fucking ace. And sickening.

I had absolutely no problems with the season - it may have been the best yet - and my comment was an observation, not a criticism.

Am I the only one who hated the final scene, then?

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Find it hard to believe that a guy as meticulous as Walt would leave something so incriminating around, to be perfectly honest. Other than that a great season.

Find it hard to believe that a guy as meticulous as Walt would leave something so incriminating around, to be perfectly honest. Other than that a great season.

Unless he had other things on his mind, like, say, he had just been for a catscan and found out his cancer was back?

Unless he had other things on his mind, like, say, he had just been for a catscan and found out his cancer was back?

But he was given the book long before then. Why did he not just get rid of it like he did with the plant, etc.

Don't think it fits in with his character that he'd leave something like that around the house, and it ruined the end of the season for me.

tumblr_m9s19x1E3O1rstfqdo1_500.jpg

I've just had a look at Season 3 Episode 6 which is where Walt meets Gale, Gale recites a poem by Walt Whitman and about a minute later Walt is reading Leaves of Grass at home. I'm not buying that Gale gives him a book after their first meeting and also inscribes it in such a familiar way.

gale was pretty enamoured and in awe of walt from the off so it wouldnt surprise me so much. walts ego has been so blown up over the series that part of him would probably like hank to find out about what he´s done

I thought this too.

gale was pretty enamoured and in awe of walt from the off so it wouldnt surprise me so much. walts ego has been so blown up over the series that part of him would probably like hank to find out about what he´s done

For sure , Walts ego is huge now i thought Lydia played him well by stroking that ego to save her life (again).

He did plant the seed in Hanks mind a while back that it was doubtful Gale was 'Heisenburg' , Walt basically encouraged him to keep on digging almost as if he didn't want Gale taking the credit.

Edited by DooooodekNo5

Could Walt just get out like that? Lots of people involved in that operation, I would imagine the only way out is a body bag.

Eight episodes does not seem enough to tie all this up.

Yeah I was wondering that too. I read somewhere that if you watch and listen closely, there is a snap as Hank pulls open the page with the dedication - the pages were stuck together and so Walt never saw the dedication and thought it was safe to keep the book as a harmless memento, with meaning only to him.

Another point: Hank actually has a lot of incentive to keep quiet, seeing as Walt is now out of the business, also this will make him (Hank) look very, very bad. If he were to try and prosecute Walt it would only be because of his conscience/sense of justice.

I love the dynamic between Walt and Hank. It's going to get even better now, be interesting what type of strategy Hank uses now to snare Walt or what other card he'll play.