You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree mate.

Which manager could unite the players and the fans?

I think the players are a lot easier to appease than the fans.

Footballers are fickle, whoever came in would be a breath of fresh air for them I reckon.

The one person would unite the fans is Kenny but then you'd get a lot of bickering saying 'he might lose his legacy' and stuff like that.

That said, whoever came in I think we'd all realise our place and we'd get behind the manager the way we always do when we have a change in the hot seat.

Yep. So what are we going to do?

We will continue to regress both on and off the field until the owners are gone.

The failure on the pitch this season rests with Rafa and the players, but I fail to see how we will move forward in future seasons until the current owners are gone and we are in a more sound financial position.

I love Kenny. LOVE him. He was my first love. I liked his poster better than Debbie Harry's next to it.

But no, I don't think that this is the right move. How much respect for Kenny would half of those players have? And how could they understand him? (I'm serious) And the game is, unfortunately, different.

Just watch that Tony Pulis interview on BBC.

But no, I don't think that this is the right move. How much respect for Kenny would half of those players have?

Kenny is an absolute god at the club, you only have to look at photos of any of our current players with him to see how much respect he would command. The rest would soon fucking learn as well.

I certainly think Kenny could handle the man-management, team selection and tactical side of things and could pick a player in the transfer market, but he might not be up to date on modern training methods. The right number two would sort that, no problem.

As to whether he would be risking his status and reputation, well I'd say that's a choice for him to make, not us.

I'd have him in charge in a heartbeat if he wants it.

Guest PurpleNose
I love Kenny. LOVE him. He was my first love. I liked his poster better than Debbie Harry's next to it.

But no, I don't think that this is the right move. How much respect for Kenny would half of those players have? And how could they understand him? (I'm serious) And the game is, unfortunately, different.

Just watch that Tony Pulis interview on BBC.

I think a lot.

The likes of Reina and Torres know what he means to the club. Know what he achieved as both a player, and a manager.

Some of the shithouse squad players might not, but frankly they need to fuck off regardless who the manager is.

Carragher, Gerrard, Torres and Reina should have some say/impact about our next manager. They're the players our squad should be built around.

If he wants the job, and thinks he's upto it, I'd give him it.

Whoever it is, no more five year contracts.

Kenny is an absolute god at the club, you only have to look at photos of any of our current players with him to see how much respect he would command. The rest would soon fucking learn as well.

I certainly think Kenny could handle the man-management, team selection and tactical side of things and could pick a player in the transfer market, but he might not be up to date on modern training methods. The right number two would sort that, no problem.

As to whether he would be risking his status and reputation, well I'd say that's a choice for him to make, not us. Wouldn't you?

I'd have him in charge in a heartbeat if he wants it.

How about Dalglish with Steve Clarke as his no. 2?

I don't understand how people say the game has changed since Kenny was playing/manager.

They still play with a football don't they and have 11 players on the pitch for each team.

The game of football is simple, you pass the ball to a team mate then move into space to recieve it back.

When you don't have the ball you work even harder to stop any space for your opponent and hunt the ball down like your life depended on it.

Its only managers like Rafa who like to complicate matters by worrying too much about what the opposition is going to do.

If the situation with the owners is to remain the same then we need a manager who is going to get that extra 10% out of the players and for me i think Dalglish would.

Dalglish gets instant respect where ever he goes and i can assure every player in the team would know who Kenny is.

The advantage of his appointment is it would bring the fans together as well to help unite the team.

Kenny, with Sammy, Gary Mac and Didi

I love all four of them, but that's far too much of a sentimental suggestion.

I'm of the opinion that when a manager fails his coaches should leave with him. Sammy Lee is a great guy and well respected in the game, but it's maybe it's time for a change.

And Gary Mac hasn't exactly set the world alight when working as a manager.

I'd love them to be successful as coaches with us, maybe even manager one day, but it doesn't strike me as being the most logical move for us or them right now.

The advantage of his appointment is it would bring the fans together as well to help unite the team.

Until when? The first season when we finish 5th? Mid way through the second when we are lying in 8th?

So people who have been calling the manager a 'cunt', set up a ridiculous group to collectivise their position, who have dismissed any opinion that differs from theirs out of hand with derisive comments, people like me are supposed to forget all that and go 'Kenny's back now' all friends again!

Sorry but I am seriously pissed of with a lot of supporters of this club and I am not going to forget the shite I have listened and put my arm around some bellend who was calling me a blind cunt three months earlier.

If anyone seriously thinks it was all sweetness and light in 91 when Kenny left they are deluded, he was getting some serious criticism from Liverpool fans at the time, the 4-4 at Goodison was witness to some terrible shite from the Park End.

What right do you have to make his decisions for him though? If he wants the job, he knows the score. I know he's gone on record as saying he feels he has unfinished business at Liverpool and I think he's more than earned the right to the job if he wants it.

I not related to Kenny (sadly Kelly didn't want to marry me, primarily on account of never meeting me, ah well her loss!) so I don't think I will have any influence of him.

I like Kenny the way I remember him, and am far from convinced it will work.

Who were his last few signings for us?

Wasn't he in ultra defensive mode towards the end?

I don't think he'll want it either.

Depends who you ask. Some suggest he was a blithering idiot, hence the Speedie and Carter signings, others point to the signings of Redknapp, Hutchison, Harkess as proof of man in control.

We were moaning cunts when we were winning the league, and didn't think twice about turning on a player be Ablett, Staunton or Venison.

I love all four of them, but that's far too much of a sentimental suggestion.

I'm of the opinion that when a manager fails his coaches should leave with him. Sammy Lee is a great guy and well respected in the game, but it's maybe it's time for a change.

And Gary Mac hasn't exactly set the world alight when working as a manager.

I'd love them to be successful as coaches with us, maybe even manager one day, but it doesn't strike me as being the most logical move for us or them right now.

I think thats been his problem, he has every quality and attribute necessary as a number 2. I just don't see him as a manager.