You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs Away

Byrnie

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Utd will have absolutely no intention of playing football against us, and will instead harass and harry us and try to get us on the break. We would be mad to play anyone but Masch and Lucas. Also, for the workrate Kuyt needs to start. We are going to Old Trafford and need to give it the upmost respect in how we approach the game.

We're playing Man Utd, Johnny, not fucking Blackburn!

Will it be physical? Of course it will, but every game in this league is physical. If anything you could argue that there will be more time and space against a team intent on playing football.

Everton totally bossed it against them the other week with Arteta and Osman as the central pairing, so this general attitude that Aquilani shouldn't play is just bizarre to me.

Dens, Dogs, you two should meet up. Over a nice cup of tea.

On the game, as kick-off approaches, all logic leaves me. I think we'll give them a game. I think we'll beat them. If I close my eyes, I can see that final whistle, and the high fives.

Everton totally bossed it against them the other week with Arteta and Osman as the central pairing, so this general attitude that Aquilani shouldn't play is just bizarre to me.

Completely agree, people point to the game last season when we beat them 4-1 with the Lucas-Mascherano combo, but we were outplayed in midfield that day, only ridiculous defending from the mancs and some brilliant individual skill from Torres and Gerrard made the result that day.

Anyone saying anything else, thats just revisionism.

Completely agree, people point to the game last season when we beat them 4-1 with the Lucas-Mascherano combo, but we were outplayed in midfield that day, only ridiculous defending from the mancs and some brilliant individual skill from Torres and Gerrard made the result that day.

Anyone saying anything else, thats just revisionism.

We weren't outplayed in midfield, you're going too far there. I know what you're saying though; we didn't win the game in central midfield and by selecting Aquilani tomorrow we wouldn't be losing the game in that position either.

Most worrying aspect to me is the fact we have had 2 outings since their last game, and we looked out on our feet at the end of the Lille game.

Other than that I think we match up pretty well man for man & I also feel that Ferguson over-respects us usually & lets us get settled in games against them which suits us.

Hope Scholes plays as I think he is finished.

I can see us winning this one again. So long as we don't go there looking to snatch it, but rather approach the game with intent, we can win.

As for where it all gets us, unfortunately the off pitch stuff overshadows everything. I would happily take a spot outside the top four in exchange for new owners.

People have got so used to the negative football and holding midfielders that it's become readily accepted. We don't have to go there and try and control the game and keep it tight, we're allowed to have a go.

A point is no good to us, nor is a narrow defeat. Play our best team and have a go at them, that's when we play best.