You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs Away

Byrnie

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
None of this naming the team shit. Just kill the bastards.

That would be my teamtalk anyway.

I spot a flaw in your team talk.

ManUre won't make the same mistake as in previous games, with only 2 in central midfield. I expect Carrick, Scholes and Fletcher in a 3 man central midfield. Insua will have his hands full with Valencia, although Johnson should be able to handle MJ - Thriller era.

This one going to be tight. Probably a draw.

Well I still don't think United are any better than our XI that we have fit at the moment.

Therefore I wouldn't be cautious and I'd go to Old Trafford and attack them. We always say opposition teams give them too much respect and I think that is what we'd be doing if we start with Mascherano and Lucas in centre midfield. I would like to see Aquilani play, where I think he can really get us playing, us ticking and hopefully causing them numberous problems along with Gerrard and Torres.

Here is what I'd like to see:

------------------------Reina--------------------------

Johnson------Carragher--------Agger---------Aurelio (Is he fit?)

-----------------------Mascherano---------------------

Benayoun------Gerrard--------------Aquilani-------Babel

-------------------------Torres-------------------------

Bar Rooney they have no one to fear really, so let's not be cautious and play into their hands, as most teams in this league do.

A bit off the wall but given that Valencia is flying for them lately and Insua let's his man cross the ball too often, how about:

Reina

Masch Carra Agger Johnson

Lucas

Maxi Gerrard Aquilani Babel

Torres

Subs: Cavalieri Insua Kyrgiakos Yossi Kuyt Ngog Pacheco

Just found this on BBC!

- It is now 699 minutes of league football since they last conceded at home, when Gabriel Agbonlahor scored for Aston Villa in a 1-0 win on 12 December.

Who the fuck are these muppets that turn up at that toilet for so long and can't even score? Why do they cower and piss themselves insead of actually playing that team? Why are they so scared of them that they just hand them so many points?

Let's get that fucking goal at least and give them a proper game of football, that's all I hope for. A win would be a bonus as it'd be 4 in a row if that happened, but whatever the case, let's just play against the fuckers for 90mins+ and give them a proper game of football. One to remind all the other cunts (maybe apart from everton weirdly enough as they seem to go at them aswell. And yeah....villa too.) that if you play football when you turn up at thier ground you might actually get something out of the fucking game for cunts sake and give others hope.

Fucks sake teams just hand them points. Have seen it written so many times on here but now I actually believe it.

Its gonna be a tough one. Difficult to second guess what the team will be. As mentioned They will target Insua with Valencia, would babel provide sufficeint protection on the left I doubt it. I presnally woud go with the following team;

......................Reina......................

Johnson.....Carra....Agger.......Insua

Babel...........Mash...Gerrard.....Maxi..

................Yossi......................

.................Torres.......................

maxi giving extra protection to insua and gerrard moving into midfield where this game will be won and lost. If he play Lucas and masc in the middle gerrard and torres will be isolated against the mancs imo.

maxi giving extra protection to insua and gerrard moving into midfield where this game will be won and lost. If he play Lucas and masc in the middle gerrard and torres will be isolated against the mancs imo.

He'll surely play Lucas, but in games like this the guy seems to do fine so that doesn't really bother me. Can't see Yossi starting and Lucas being with Masch. When it comes down to it Rafa and the players have done this side over 3 times in a row so I won't be fussed with his selection because he'll hopefully have a good gameplan for the team.

Aurelio is a big miss for this game. Masch and Agger are going to have to do a lot of covering for Insua. If Valencia gets free and is allowed to cross, it could be lethal with the form of both himself and Rooney.

Not feeling confident, but then again i haven't felt confident about the last two games either, so you just never know.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mancs away. It sounds a bit like bombs away. Maybe that's just my fantasy of strapping them to the bottom of a plane and randomly dropping them whilst shouting 'Mancs away'.