You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

Yep - like in.... or... whey, wha?

The season Gerrard played behind Torres (as a forward) he scored a lot of goals. Admitedly the goals have dried up for past couple of years but;

a) He was injured

b) He was played deeper

Again, if it's a choice of Dempsey or Agger I'd rather keep Agger. Agger is sold and we're relying on the Aging Carra and inexperienced Coates and I realise Coates will never gain experience unless he plays but he should be eased in rather tha thrust in at the deep end.

A.V.B

My personal opinion of Dempsey is not great due to his general persona (and our game at the cottage last season adds plenty to my dislike)

However you do make a good case for him, the only question I have is why are we the only team linked with him for approx £10m whereas players like Steven Fletcher (who does a tidy job) is branded as a £12m player?

Apparently Roma are waiting to steal him from under our noses.

Yes because that's how it works eh? You just buy players with good stats from a different team and they add their stats, goals and assists to yours.

This is exactly what happened with Downing and Keane. They came to Liverpool and automatically added their goals and assists to our tally. It worked just fine.

Downing was used to playing a counter attacking game and is a one dimensional player. Keane was used as a pawn over transfer feuds.

Dempsey as I already pointed out is versatile enough to adapt to different formations and situations and has a skillset that means he will make an impact.

We could always try to offload Adam, Downing, Spearing & Cole.

Sure, the transfer fees generated wouldn't reach £20m (or would they) but we'd also be saving on 4 salaries.

The King wouldn't have been able to offload his new signings after 12 months, but come on, new Manager, BR pulls the strings now.

The season Gerrard played behind Torres (as a forward) he scored a lot of goals. Admitedly the goals have dried up for past couple of years but;

a) He was injured

b) He was played deeper

Again, if it's a choice of Dempsey or Agger I'd rather keep Agger. Agger is sold and we're relying on the Aging Carra and inexperienced Coates and I realise Coates will never gain experience unless he plays but he should be eased in rather tha thrust in at the deep end.

17 league goals is a shitload - you would be hard pressed to name a handful of LFC players who have achieved it in the last 20 years - Stevie would not be on that list. This should not be in the Agger thread cuz the two players have nothing to do with one another, nor would any business done. Dempsey should/would come in for Kuyt imo. Similar work ethic, better finisher, better vision.

Agger should stay, he is under contract - see Spurs handling over Modric for a blueprint of how to proceed.

Downing was used to playing a counter attacking game and is a one dimensional player. Keane was used as a pawn over transfer feuds.

Dempsey as I already pointed out is versatile enough to adapt to different formations and situations and has a skillset that means he will make an impact.

Strange that no other top 8 club appears interested in such a versatile and skillful forward. Curious.

It would be ludicrous to sell Agger in order to raise funds for Allen and Dempsey.

Agger Transfer ---- Me ---- Torpor

THIS!!!

If it happens it happens, am I the only one who thinks that we have a ready made replacement in Martin Kelly at Anfield already?

I would think that in the mid to long term Martin Kelly and "Ralph" Coates would make a very stable axis on which to build the team.

17 league goals is a shitload - you would be hard pressed to name a handful of LFC players who have achieved it in the last 20 years - Stevie would not be on that list. This should not be in the Agger thread cuz the two players have nothing to do with one another, nor would any business done. Dempsey should/would come in for Kuyt imo. Similar work ethic, better finisher, better vision.

Agger should stay, he is under contract - see Spurs handling over Modric for a blueprint of how to proceed.

17 league goals is very impressive. However, just to be pedantic, Gerrard with 16 league goals was just one 1 shy in 2008-09 :P

I don't understand - how would one FSG member bidding AGAINST another FSG member benefit either of them?

You definately don't understand. This interest for an American player has nothing to do with both clubs being owned by people of the same American sports group?

You definately don't understand. This interest for an American player has nothing to do with both clubs being owned by people of the same American sports group?

No, no, no - I do understand that bit, which actually is why I didn't ask for clarification on that bit ( I don't actualy believe that a money making organisation would benefit from that but that's another question). I asked for clarification on the FSG bidding against FSG point.

How does that benefit FSG?

I'm not too worried about this one. Agger is due to sign a new deal as he is at the two years left marker. His agent wants the best deal possible for his client, as that will also give the agent the most money. Liverpool cannot pay the very top wages, compared to the likes of Man City, but we can pay very good wages, hence Suarez signing a new deal.

So what's going on? Man City want to strengthen their squad. They've tested the water with a low offer for Agger. We've said 'no', but we've also said, 'every player has a price'... In other words, come back with 20/22 million, plus a loan deal for one of your players that could help us out, and we will do business. If not, we won't.

That's about the long and the short of it to me.

If Agger leaves I hope the money is invested wisely into the deficient areas in the side. If Agger stays then we have a very good player, albeit an injury prone one. I'm not overly bothered either way about this one.

I feel Skrtel, Coates, Kelly, Carra isn't too bad. I would like Coates to get more games this season anyway to see if he will be a stalwart in the side for years to come, while many people have advocated putting Kelly in the middle too. If Agger does go then perhaps we will see what these two are made of. If they are not so good, we will have the cash to bring in another defender, who hopefully won't be injured for half of our games, like Agger is.

Let be honest £20M plus for an injury prone centre back would be excellent business if re-invested wisely (which is perhaps the fear).

Agger will be 28 in Dec and there is every chance that as he gets older Agger will become even more injury ridden that he is at the moment.

I have no doubt that FSG would view him in the same category as Suarez if he had a good fitness record.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm not too worried about this one. Agger is due to sign a new deal as he is at the two years left marker. His agent wants the best deal possible for his client, as that will also give the agent the most money. Liverpool cannot pay the very top wages, compared to the likes of Man City, but we can pay very good wages, hence Suarez signing a new deal.

So what's going on? Man City want to strengthen their squad. They've tested the water with a low offer for Agger. We've said 'no', but we've also said, 'every player has a price'... In other words, come back with 20/22 million, plus a loan deal for one of your players that could help us out, and we will do business. If not, we won't.

That's about the long and the short of it to me.

If Agger leaves I hope the money is invested wisely into the deficient areas in the side. If Agger stays then we have a very good player, albeit an injury prone one. I'm not overly bothered either way about this one.

I feel Skrtel, Coates, Kelly, Carra isn't too bad. I would like Coates to get more games this season anyway to see if he will be a stalwart in the side for years to come, while many people have advocated putting Kelly in the middle too. If Agger does go then perhaps we will see what these two are made of. If they are not so good, we will have the cash to bring in another defender, who hopefully won't be injured for half of our games, like Agger is.

I think if we sell Agger centre back becomes one of our deficient areas. Carra isn't at the standard required anymore, Kelly and Coates are quite a gamble at this stage, none of them are at Agger's level.

No, no, no - I do understand that bit, which actually is why I didn't ask for clarification on that bit ( I don't actualy believe that a money making organisation would benefit from that but that's another question). I asked for clarification on the FSG bidding against FSG point.

How does that benefit FSG?

But that's not the point I was making. I don't think anyone bidded so there is no bidding war for Dempsey yet. I'm commenting on the inforation that two clubs owned by people of the same American sports group are interested in a 29yr old American player. Maybe because they want to push their clubs in the American market? Which is absolutely fine with me. I also think that Dempsey would make a good squad player. But his move should not be funded by selling one of our team's best players. If FSG want him so much and they believe he would be a great communication asset, which would increase the club's value and revenue, then they should invest their money on him and then collect their profits from our increasing revenue in the US.

Now that we are at Agger's topic, here is an "astonishing difference" to complement the "astonishing similarities" you found yesterday between Ferguson and Rodgers. Ferguson wouild never state in the press that "every player has a price" while refering to one of his best players. Additionally, he would never sell one of his team's best players to one of United's domestic rivals.

Agger makes Skrtel look like a great player, Agger is the reason why we had such a strong defence for most of last season. Agger is a world class ball playing centre back. He's had his injury problems of course, but you will not replace him with any one as good and our defence will suffer as a result. I find it very hard to believe that BR would sanction the sale of Agger, someone who would slot easily into his system. I certainly don't believe that Williams, who is how old? 28? would be the man to fill his boots. I also don't believe that Agger wants to leave, although I can understand if he wants an improved contract. SO what's it to be? We never adequately replaced Alonso, we never adequately replaced Masch, we haven't replaced Torres with a prolific goal-scoring forward, and as a result we're slowly sliding down the table. We should not be selling our top players at all, certainly not to raise a few £m to buy players with less ability.

So you'd be happy with Carragher being one of our starting CB's this season?

Pfff, people were hysterical last season when it was suggested that Carragher's best days were behind him. Now it seems totally out of the question for him to start games. Make your fucking minds up ladies...

He's not been good enough for the first team for almost 3 years now, in my opinion.

Pfff, people were hysterical last season when it was suggested that Carragher's best days were behind him. Now it seems totally out of the question for him to start games. Make your fucking minds up ladies...

No they weren't. Nobody thinks he is as good now as he was when at his very best from 2003-2009.

What most fans were upset by was the constant sniping about his supposedly malign influence, contract wrangling and self-centred attitude, and the lack of respect afforded to one of the best defenders we've had when anyone suggested that he was still a useful and positive member of the squad.

Generally speaking, it follows that the loudest anti-Carra shouts come from the biggest cunts who purport to follow LFC.

eg RAWK.

So think on, and shut up.

So think on, and shut up.

No, I'm not going to shut up, I'm not, you can't make me Brendan, oh you like to think you can, but you can't, but you think you can, but you cannot, you'd like to wouldnt you? But it won't happen, uh uh, i'm on to you Brendan, i'm all over you like a fart in an oxygen tent, and i think you know that I'm on to you, and I'm going to find something soon aren't I?