You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

Whored about? We've had clubs come in for him, and we've said he's not for sale.

Yeah. Maybe Rodgers and FSG are trying a different sales strategy to the one that appears to have failed miserably with Andy Carroll:

"We don't want him, he's not in our plans, he's available to anyone willing to meet our valuation"

FSG appoint Comolli who negotiated the fees & contracts on the advice of Billy Beane who knows nothing about football.

They were also advised by others amoung whom was David Dein.

Before you were crying that it wasn't their fault they were badly advised well it fucking well was.

How is it someone's fault to be badly advised? Part of their advice was to bring in Dalglish, something they clearly didn't want to do but bowed to the pressure of others.

And forgive me for for giving Dalglish a bit more fucking leeway than FSG, you know with him doing more for this club than FSG could ever fucking dream of like.

The point isn't about leeway it's about completely ignoring any fault or blame for the situation we are in.

The point isn't about leeway it's about completely ignoring any fault or blame for the situation we are in.

That post is rambling and makes no sense.

Dein advised FSG to appoint Comolli. Really?

The man who all but pushed him out the door when he was at Arsenal.

And the point stands if you accept advice off someone who knows nothing about the subject and then it all goes wrong you have only yourself to blame.

And that is exactly what FSG did.

This from Bascombe (ugh)

Each poor performance is followed by questions about his role, but the definition of Comolli ’s position is clear. When Dalglish identifies a player he wants to sign, Comolli starts the negotiations to complete the deal. That is how it worked last summer. If player contracts need extending, Comolli takes care of this. He has basically absorbed many responsibilities once associated with the chief executive.

There is now a distinction between the corporate and sporting aspects of how Liverpool are run, so you will not find anyone trying to agree a fee for a player one minute while trying to organise the ticket office the next.

Comolli is also entrusted with finding talent and bringing it to Dalglish’s attention.

There is a difference between a recommendation and a demand he sign someone. As yet, there is no player recruited under the new regime who the manager did not want. That will remain the case.

And now Comolli's gone and not been replaced Ian Ayre just does everything.

Club's a fucking shambles.

If we got £22 million for Agger then I think that would be a good deal, and I reckon we should grab it. Agger is always injured plus he is not our most consistent player, and we also have other young defenders coming through that I reckon will be not only better than Agger but more consistent.

If we were any way good at the transfer market it wouldn't be as big a deal.

However we're shit at the transfer market,every club knows this and with £22 Million in our pocket we would get bullied into buying a player well over his value.

Until we get that side of things right,ie buying good players for good value the idea of Liverpool selling its better players to rebuild its squad makes me want to cry.

If we were any way good at the transfer market it wouldn't be as big a deal.

However we're shit at the transfer market,every club knows this and with £22 Million in our pocket we would get bullied into buying a player well over his value.

Until we get that side of things right,ie buying good players for good value the idea of Liverpool selling its better players to rebuild its squad makes me want to cry.

I know we're shit at the transfer market; you know it; everyone knows it. That's why i'm loathe to see anyone good go.

We're relying on a man with no transfer experience, in Ayre, to close all these deals.

That post is rambling and makes no sense.

Dein advised FSG to appoint Comolli. Really?

The man who all but pushed him out the door when he was at Arsenal.

I didn't say that Dein advised them to appoint Comolli, I said he was one of the people giving them advise.

And the point stands if you accept advice off someone who knows nothing about the subject and then it all goes wrong you have only yourself to blame.

They accepted the advice from Comolli and KENNY. Kenny on more than one occassion said that the signings were his and that Comolli did a "fantastic job" of bringing in the players he liked. Also I never once saw Billy Beane advising Comolli only commending him on his approach.

And that is exactly what FSG did.

FSG took gave Dalglish and Comolli a war chest and they frittered it and that's why neither are here now. That has nothing to do with Billy Beane or anyone else really just those two.

FSG have every right to be cautiously optimistic after what happened when they weren't. As they have shown with Suarez though, they will front the cash where it is deserved.

FSG took gave Dalglish and Comolli a war chest and they frittered it and that's why neither are here now. That has nothing to do with Billy Beane or anyone else really just those two.

FSG have every right to be cautiously optimistic after what happened when they weren't. As they have shown with Suarez though, they will front the cash where it is deserved.

Werent they tying to buy him on the very cheap and only upped their offer when they knew Torres was going? Wasnt that January's spending balanced off by the sale of Torres and Babel.

Not the best example i would have thought.

Jesus fucking wept.

Read this slowly so it sinks in.

BILLY BEANE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL BUT OUR OWNERS SAW FIT TO ACCEPT HIS RECOMMENDATION TO APPOINT DAMIAN COMOLLI.

THAT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY AND THEY ARE JUST AS CULPABLE AS EITHER DALGLISH OR COMOLLI.

If David Dein had nothing to do with Comolli being appointed, and he didn't, why on earth bring him up?

He had no say on the amount paid.

That was Comolli's job.

A man incidentally hired on the advice of someone who knew the square root of fuck all about football, Billy Beane.

So yes if they were badly advised they have no one else to blame but themselves.

This is what still dissapoints , surely Kenny knew we were bidding spastic amounts of money for Carroll , he should of shown some responsibility and nipped it in the bud when it was getting comical.

This is what still dissapoints , surely Kenny knew we were bidding spastic amounts of money for Carroll , he should of shown some responsibility and nipped it in the bud when it was getting comical.

Agreed.

Kenny made a lot of poor decisions.

And regardless of the prices paid, Suarez aside, they've all been fairly poor if I'm honest.

People seem to forget that Tottenham had a 25m bid rejected a few days before we bought Andy Carroll.

Jesus fucking wept.

Read this slowly so it sinks in.

BILLY BEANE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL BUT OUR OWNERS SAW FIT TO ACCEPT HIS RECOMMENDATION TO APPOINT DAMIAN COMOLLI.

THAT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY AND THEY ARE JUST AS CULPABLE AS EITHER DALGLISH OR COMOLLI.

If David Dein had nothing to do with Comolli being appointed, and he didn't, why on earth bring him up?

Using that rather stretched logic, you can blame the owners for absolutely anything that happens at the club, on or off the pitch. As they appointed the manager.

I think you have a view and you are twisting circumstances to suit it.

Using that rather stretched logic, you can blame the owners for absolutely anything that happens at the club, on or off the pitch. As they appointed the manager.

Precisely. You only have to see the Suarez thread about him signing a new contract to see how deep the agenda goes.

No it isn't.

If someone knows nothing about a subject yet you heed his advice on that subject and it all goes wrong, you are just as culpable as those you employed.

That is exactly what happened with Comolli, and unlike a manager that was an executive role which was precisely their purview.

To argue otherwise to me is pointless they fully share culpability along with everyone else.

Also if the manager is a poor choice why shouldn't they be held responsible?

For a poor manager he won us our first trophy in 6 years, no?

I never said he was a poor manager I said he made some poor decisions.

For the record I didn't want him sacked. And I certainly didn't want it if his replacement was going to be someone not fit to polish his trophies.

Make me laugh people who now try to convince themselves Agger is shite, yea that's why the best footballing side in the world and the richest are after him. As has been said I wouldn't trust us to buy a packet of crisps going on recent transfers never mind a centre half to go straight into the team.