You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Portsmouth were wound up today...

Carradona

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was listening to the monday night club on 5 Live on, er, monday night, and they were talking about why pompey would likely go into liquidation rather than admisitration, and basically it comes down to whether or not there is any chance of them continuing as a going concern after administration, and basically the majority of the debts that they owe cannot be written off, so even after administration they will still owe far far more than they could get in without a sugar daddy, unlike the situation at Leeds for example, where Ken got most of their shit written off.

I hope it doesn't. Portsmouth seem to have a very loyal (if somewhat annoying) support and I'd really feel for them. I'd hate for us to benefit at the expense of a club going under, especially with our current circumstances. I'd rather us earn what we get.

I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing if it meant winning our first league title in 21 years. I know I wouldn't anyway, selfish as though it may seem.

This is like watching Soccer Saturday. They should have a live feed with Merson reporting directly from the court.

No, court is a Kamara sspecial. I can just see his huge head with the public docks behind him, craning his neck to get a view and excitedly describing the latest development. 'Ohh, Jeff, that was close, the registrar said they are insolvent. Pompey are getting hammered. Back to you Jeff'.

Hypothetical question, but....

Pompey go bust, and the results are void. We go on an amazing run for the rest of the season, and pip the Mancs to the title.

So we win #19 and Pompey sink, or the scum win the title and overtake our record. Which would you pick?

Pompey go bust, we beat arsenal, chelsea and the mancs all coinciding with Torres coming back and tearing it apart.

Not in a million years but cutting the lead to 6 off the mancs and 8 off chelsea with them still in the cl would be very very exciting.

As a fan you can only dream/be outrageously deluded

Hypothetical question, but....

Pompey go bust, and the results are void. We go on an amazing run for the rest of the season, and pip the Mancs to the title.

So we win #19 and Pompey sink, or the scum win the title and overtake our record. Which would you pick?

I'll pick aliens abducting the whole Manc, Chelsea and Arsenal squads and their stadiums, forcing them to liquidate too and handing us the title. It's just as likely as your scenario.

Pompey go bust, we beat arsenal, chelsea and the mancs all coinciding with Torres coming back and tearing it apart.

Not in a million years but cutting the lead to 6 off the mancs and 8 off chelsea with them still in the cl would be very very exciting.

As a fan you can only dream/be outrageously deluded

pie-in-the-sky.png

They are properly fucked.

They owe more than they are worth. They can't even sell players, or the ground it wouldn't even cover the debt.

They are well, and truly properly fucked and I mean right up the bum.

Unless they get a rich fucker in soon, they're fucked.

In technical terms they've been "Redknapped"