You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal away - match thread

kop

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all on the City game now. Lose, and it's impossible for us to qualify for the CL, meaning that an immediate change of manager is probably the best bet for us to have any chance of hitting the ground running next season. As much as I've supported Rafa, failing to qualify for the CL is sadly too big a deal in this day and age.

It's all on the City game now. Lose, and it's impossible for us to qualify for the CL, meaning that an immediate change of manager is probably the best bet for us to have any chance of hitting the ground running next season. As much as I've supported Rafa, failing to qualify for the CL is sadly too big a deal in this day and age.

We do not get finance sorted mate and it will be no more Champions League football, for a long time.

We do not have a strong enough squad as it is and no money to spend, unless something happens we are on the slippery slope.

No manager can create miracles.

Despise Fabregas, I really hate him. He's not even that good and he, as he showed tonight, is a massive cunt.

The one positive from tonight was Maxi racking his studs down Eboue. Aside from that, playing like a Championship side caught up with us, just hope that the players don't lose a lot of confidence from this.

We do not get finance sorted mate and it will be no more Champions League football, for a long time.

We do not have a strong enough squad as it is and no money to spend, unless something happens we are on the slippery slope.

what do the finances have to do with the tactics of a coward.

although i agree that expecting rafa to bring on babel earlier when all of us could see n'gog was bloody awful would have been a miracle.

once again rafa's ego is put ahead of the interests of our club

Before the game most expected a draw at best. Citeh becomes even more important. If we lose that we have a huge hill to climb.

I still think we will get fourth. We may slip out of the CL spots for a couple of weeks here as games in hand are played, but we have a good run in and Torres will be back. Still, it will be close.

Babel showed a glimpse there with his shot. That's the sort of thing that teases us into thinking he is on the verge of breaking through into a top player. Then it's back to the usual we've been seeing form him and we realise again that he needs to be shipped out.

Gutted, but not totally surprised.

I thought we were a bit unlucky not to get a point tonight.

Arsenal were very average but unfortunately so were we.

We really lack a cutting edge without Torres and we lack a sense of urgency for me.

Maxi was a passenger all night and Im shocked he played the full game.

Tonight showed up Dirks limitations on the right flank, he didnt engage the full back all game and offered no threat at all.

Arsenal were there for the taking, unfortunately we didnt have the tools to do it.

Guest Super Sub

Think the reason that jovanovic is going to Arsenal and not Liverpool next season is very clear after tonight. LFC have started to have players not wanting to come here cause we can't garentee them CL football!

Sorry mate. That's absolute bollocks. What the fuck has that got to do with picking a team to win a game?

Rafa could have gone with a much more potent attacking team and chose not to. He chose to fill the team with so many defensive and null attacking options, most of which couldn't even control or pass the fucking football.

N'gog has proved time and time again, he is not good enough to start, let alone in the big games.