You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Callow,cowardly,inspiration sucking Benitez

thompsonsnose

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Tom, we did challenge for the title last season.

I want rid of Benitez, but I do think if a new manager took over they'd have a good base to work with in Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio, Mascherano, Gerrard, Riera, Benayoun, Maxi and Torres - some very good players there.

I also think our brand of football was worse under Houiller, hoofing it up to Heskey, we do hoof at times, but not half as much as we did then.

My issue with Rafa is what he can control - the poor team selections, playing players out of position, coaching our poor defense at set plays, no invention at attacking set plays - especially corners which are woeful, playing players out of form such as Kuyt, only having one top striker at the club having spent £230 million on players, predictable and often poor subs etc etc.

we have players of ability and great potential, and you're right in that the spine is very strong.

What we lack is a manager capable of making something of that ability and potential.

As for challenging for the title. I like to think that he threw one away through all the reasons you state above.

I've said it a thousand times, but we are actually no worse this year than we were last year. This season is no surprise to me in the slightest and iot shocks me that there are people who are shocked by it to be honest. Did they not watch us play last season?

So we played well for 8 weeks. Big fucking deal. the rest of the season we were total fucking dog shit, just like we are this season.

Last season was an occasion when the league well and truly told massive lies.

This year it's speaking our awful truths.

I don't know why anyone is still getting surprised with the way we play or the results! If anything, we should have been used to it by now!!!

Benitez is a coward - always has been, always will be. If there is an opportunity to gain a point, be it Wolves or Barcelona, he won't mind. He won't change things. If they had scored a goal around the 70 mins mark, I bet he would have made changes. But the longer it remained 0-0, the more he looks to protect it. That is just the way he is.

I think it is now nailed on that we won't finish 4th. We are at the end of January and here we have a manager who is fairly happy to gain 1 point instead of looking for all 3.

I wish the season ended yesterday in all honesty but it fucking doesn't. I can't believe we have to go through this shit for more than 3 months still.

Then you're an idiot who knows absolutely fuck all about football.

It really is that simple.

Okay Tom, you right.

Lets play more five a side matches, that'll sort everything out won't it.

You're an arrogant twat Tom, and the problem is you are too stupid to realise it.

You really are that simple.

we have players of ability and great potential, and you're right in that the spine is very strong.

What we lack is a manager capable of making something of that ability and potential.

As for challenging for the title. I like to think that he threw one away through all the reasons you state above.

I've said it a thousand times, but we are actually no worse this year than we were last year. This season is no surprise to me in the slightest and iot shocks me that there are people who are shocked by it to be honest. Did they not watch us play last season?

So we played well for 8 weeks. Big fucking deal. the rest of the season we were total fucking dog shit, just like we are this season.

Last season was an occasion when the league well and truly told massive lies.

This year it's speaking our awful truths.

I agree we need a manager to get these players to play and get the most out of them, as on paper we should be challenging for the title every season, not one in six which we have under Rafa.

But I don't agree that last season we were just as poor as this one. Sure the odd game maybe. but at times we played some great stuff and this season I think the only two matches we have played well in have been Hull, Chelsea away and Man U at home. Can't think of many other good performances.

I agree we need a manager to get these players to play and get the most out of them, as on paper we should be challenging for the title every season, not one in six which we have under Rafa.

But I don't agree that last season we were just as poor as this one. Sure the odd game maybe. but at times we played some great stuff and this season I think the only two matches we have played well in have been Hull, Chelsea away and Man U at home. Can't think of many other good performances.

mate, at this point last season I was saying the same thing, with pretty the same games mentioned!

Up until we played boro away we'd had about 3 decent league games.

The only "great stuff" we played was at the end of the season when the manager finally grew a pair after the horse had already bolted.

Spud. You mention Xabi, who was Murph's replacement. So Murphy couldn't stay.

Warnock - Haven't a clue what happened there, can't comment but he's a really good player now.

Spud spent much of his time on the left when Kewell was injured or on the right. His fee may have gone towards Xabi but his replacement was Nunez.

Warnock simply wasn't much different to Insua and had poor positional sense - but he never had as much league experience as Insua.

I'll be interested to see the next manager achieve this.

The odd season, that might not occur. But I'd rather see us challenge five out of six season's, rather than one out of six season's which has been the case with Rafa.

We've got the best keeper, arguably the best holding midfielder, the most complete / versitile / arguably best attacking midfielder in the league and the best striker.

We should be challenging for the title.

Do Man U have a better first team than us? Not in my opinion. Better squad? Maybe marginally. The difference is they have a better manager who makes them perform and as a result they challenge.

Edited by LFD

But I'd rather see us challenge 5 out of six season's...

Again, I'll be interested to see the next manager achieve this.

It was bloody awful football last night, truly terrible. I reckon Rafa should leave at the end of the season regardless, it's gone too far now. I wont put myself in the loudest Rafa Out camp though, because the personal abuse is out of order. The team and the club has gone wrong, but I think that the shit Rafa has had to put up with working for those two cunts (personal abuse of them is to be encouraged) would suck the life force out of anyone.

Again, I'll be interested to see the next manager achieve this.

I get the impression after reading Rafa's quotes after last night, we are going to find out soon enough!

Arguably the most important decision in the history of this club is coming up, and it is going to be made by Bill and Ted!

The odd season, that might not occur. But I'd rather see us challenge five out of six season's, rather than one out of six season's which has been the case with Rafa.

We've got the best keeper, arguably the best holding midfielder, the most complete / versitile / arguably best attacking midfielder in the league and the best striker.

Do Man U have a better first team than us? Not in my opinion. Better squad? Maybe marginally. The difference is they have a better manager who makes them perform and as a result they challenge.

The difference between us and the mancs is a long-standing and simple one, it's that their poorer players can all - at bare minimum - pass a football well under pressure, in fact it's probably the first thing Ferguson looks for (and the kind of thing Liverpool's best sides were based on), so even their squad players who their fans can't stand, can all do at least that (relatively) simple thing of trapping, controling, and passing short a ball.

Our poorer players are spectacularly bad at this, Kuyt and Lucas are probably the most glaring examples of this in the first XI. So the problem you've got is that trying to attack as a unit is scuppered by the fact half your side can move the ball at pace, while the other half drag them down because they just can't do it.

It's like Jane Torvill trying to dance Bolero with Michael J Fox.

I get the impression after reading Rafa's quotes after last night, we are going to find out soon enough!

So do I.

I want two major trophies in the first two seasons and a yearly "title challenge". If not, I go postal on this forum and it won't be pretty.