You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Positive Reaction from the players - Torres and Reina backing Rafa

WhiskeyJar

TORRES: RAFA TAKING CLUB FORWARD

Fernando Torres insists there is no better manager than Rafa Benitez to take Liverpool Football Club forward.

Injury meant the 25-year-old was not involved as Liverpool fell out of the Champions League this week but Torres is adamant there will still be plenty to play for this season when he returns to full fitness.

And the Spain international has full confidence in the Benitez project which has yielded our fifth European Cup win and our best title challenge since 1990.

"Benitez has shown that he is the right man to take Liverpool forward," Torres said.

"When the club has needed to be strong it always has been. Now is the time for everybody to stick together from the manager right down to the lowest member of staff because above all else we want to make our wonderful fans happy with our performances and results.

"We must be united to finish as high as possible in the Premier League. I am convinced that we will end up in the top four.

"We also have high hopes for the FA Cup and the Europa League. At this time, this tournament has become a goal for the club.

"Nobody expected to be knocked out of the Champions League because this team has shown itself over recent seasons to be very reliable.

"This is a competition that we won in 2005 and on another occasion [2007] we got to the final. Since I have been with the club we have got to a semi-final and a quarter-final."

REINA: WE BACK RAFA 100 PER CENT

Pepe Reina has spoken of his '100 per cent' confidence that Rafa Benitez will turn Liverpool's season around.

The Reds have endured a disappointing start to the campaign after a raft of injuries to key players - but Reina insists there is still much to play for following our Champions League exit.

"Benitez has 100 per cent credibility and support among the players," Reina said. "He is a great coach and he knows how to get the best out of his players.

"He has done important things for Liverpool and will continue to do so. When he is under pressure, that's when he brings out the best in himself. He is perfectly capable of turning the situation around at Liverpool.

"The fans know that, for a number of reasons, results are not good now but they will be again. We need a bit of good luck for things to get back to normal: we have had so many players injured – like Torres, Benayoun and Riera."

Reina believes the absence of Fernando Torres has been particularly important. The striker has scored 10 league goals this season despite suffering with injury.

"We all know that Torres at 70 per cent fit is still better than lots of strikers on the planet at 100 per cent," added Reina.

"It's important for us that he recovers and recovers fully. Liverpool are one team with Torres and another, different team without him. It's not that we depend on him but he is very important because he inspires respect in the opposition."

I think it's good that the players have done this, even if it smells a bit like a PR campaign.

I would take issue with Pepe's remark that Benitez knows how to get the best out of the players. I don't agree, though if I'm wrong and he does, I wish he'd share it with the players he selects.

I'm not saying he isn't entitled to say it RiS, or intending any criticism of him or Torres. I'm just mighty unimpressed by it. Not angry, just completely unmoved.

Same here. I read those quotes this morning and didn't feel a fucking thing. That is why I didn't post it here either.

Funny how 3 points make you feel better than reading one million quotes. As you said, them saying it is not necessarily wrong, but I'm just not bothered by those interviews.

I was wondering how long that would take.

No way they actaulyl really appreciate their manager and wanted to say it? No way at all?

It just sounds a bit forced to me, it's strange how someone other than Gerrard and Carragher are coming out supporting the manager to be honest. Still i'd rather see a win on sunday.

Before this sounds like Rafa bashing as well, he is the right man for the job and he will turn it round, no doubt.

Same here. I read those quotes this morning and didn't feel a fucking thing. That is why I didn't post it here either.

Funny how 3 points make you feel better than reading one million quotes. As you said, them saying it is not necessarily wrong, but I'm just not bothered by those interviews.

Its coming from Torres and Reina and thus it makes me calmer about what might be going on behind the scenes.

Its coming from Torres and Reina and thus it makes me calmer about what might be going on behind the scenes.

Well, I'm glad those quotes have calmed down someone!

As I said, I didn't feel anything and I don't expect the players to say anything else anyway. It is not right or wrong, to me, it is just noise at the moment.

hahahaha

fucking liverpool supporters

soon as anything positive comes out of the club, you dickheads cant help but dismiss it as some sort of campaign.

im not saying that the above quotes makes everything better, but it seems as if you lot WANT it to be all gloom and doom and you want Rafa to fail.

'i didn't feel a thing' - well when three (gerrard came out today too) of your most inspiring players come out and try to inspire you, but it doesn't work, i think it says a lot. Supporters support the team, through the hard times; a lot here seem reluctant to do that.

hahahaha

soon as anything positive comes out of the club, you dickheads cant help but dismiss it as some sort of campaign.

im not saying that the above quotes makes everything better, but it seems as if you lot WANT it to be all gloom and doom and you want Rafa to fail.

'i didn't feel a thing' - well when three (gerrard came out today too) of your most inspiring players come out and try to inspire you, but it doesn't work, i think it says a lot. Supporters support the team, through the hard times; a lot here seem reluctant to do that.

More noise.

LFD, you should listen when people ask you not to start too many threads.

See, now you are easily getting confused.

Eh?

I will do what I want, as I am a TLW Season Ticket holder, unlike you and others.

hahahaha

In what sense is feeling uninspired by soundbites failing to support the team? If we all pretended to feel joyous about it would that make us superfans like you?

Oh, and negged by the way.

I don't hold the manager fully responsible for all our woes, but at the same time I don't like being patronised by these regular platitudes, well meaning as they are.

Maybe our PR department could try and be a little more subtle.

As others have said, just show us on the pitch.