You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit Liverpool players you actually quite liked.

lifetime fan

Guest PurpleNose
Smicer was a very good player, who for a number of reasons, didn't really reach his potential with us.

He wasn't a shit footballer.

Also, you might like to meet

quote.gif

We've already met.

On?

Think of it as an open relationship.

Smicer was quite a good player. Its all relative. No players on here are going to actually be shit.

He wasn't a player that was exceptional but I liked him because he gave his all and was proud to play for us. You just think he was a better player than I do.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't a world beater, Titi, nor was he shit, but I really, really liked him. I wish we had someone like him now, someone who could come up with the unexpected.

I know what you mean goal wise but Titi gave me the greatest WTF moment at anfield. Picture the scene me sitting in Paddock Titi hugging touchline ball gets passed to him slowly he gathers himself controls the ball with his right ( no-one within 20 yards of him) I shout run at them Titi and he for want of a better word he passes the ball with his left directly out for a throw. To this day I do not know what he was at. so maybe best to remember the spectacular.

He was the only outfield player in the entire squad not to play a single minute of football in the tournament.

At the next rugby world cup the French named their cockerel mascot after him. :lol:

Sorry to ruin your fun.

Shit as he was Bernard Diomede started 3 matches for France in the 1998 World Cup. Against Saudi-Arabia and Denmark in the group stages and against Paraguay in the last 16.

But if his performances was so rubbish, that it was`nt regarded as football, then you would be right.

Line-ups and stuff can be found here if you dont believe me ;)

Planet World Cup - 1998 - Results

Biscan

Titi Camara

European Cup Winning Djimi Traore - Honestly, he was never as bad as people made him out to be

Also Song was a tit, I remember my Dad complimenting him on a good game when we got invited to the players lounge after a Cup game in the early 2000's, and he just ignored him.

Torben Piechnik (forgive the spelling please)

Nicky Tanner

Mike Hooper

Avi Cohen

Heggem

Micheal Robinson

Glenn Hysen

Theres a few will think of more

Hysen and Heggem were certainly not shit ,far from it.

Glenn was one of my fav players when i was a squip, remember being well chuffed when i got his autograph above all other Lfc players.

Djimi Traore - the most improved player I've ever seen in the run to Istanbul. He shut out just about every big name winger he faced both home and abroad.

Another favourite of mine who many think was shit (but I don't and never did) is Danny Murphy. He had touch, intelligence and vision, as well as a threat from set pieces. All he ever lacked was pace and a bit of concentration under pressure.

Djimi Traore - the most improved player I've ever seen in the run to Istanbul. He shut out just about every big name winger he faced both home and abroad.

Another favourite of mine who many think was shit (but I don't and never did) is Danny Murphy. He had touch, intelligence and vision, as well as a threat from set pieces. All he ever lacked was pace and a bit of concentration under pressure.

So all Spud lacked was two of the most important parts of the game then?!

We've had some woeful players, this thread will run and run as someone always has a soft spot for someone even if they are/were crap.

Hysen and Heggem were certainly not shit ,far from it.

Glenn was one of my fav players when i was a squip, remember being well chuffed when i got his autograph above all other Lfc players.

My dad thinks he was one of our poorest buys to date at that time. Reckons we only signed him because Exlax wanted him.

So all Spud lacked was two of the most important parts of the game then?!

We've had some woeful players, this thread will run and run as someone always has a soft spot for someone even if they are/were crap.

Yep. Every player has deficiencies bar freaks like Gerrard. I thought Murphy was a really good player and the pace issue wouldn't have been such an issue if he didn't have a propensity to give the ball away at unfortunate moments.

As for your second point, erm, welcome to the thread entitled "Shit Liverpool players who you actually quite liked"...

And fitness; his fitness levels were woeful. Agree about Traore though

Yep. Every player has deficiencies bar freaks like Gerrard. I thought Murphy was a really good player and the pace issue wouldn't have been such an issue if he didn't have a propensity to give the ball away at unfortunate moments.

As for your second point, erm, welcome to the thread entitled "Shit Liverpool players who you actually quite liked"...

It was the ball giving away which made me dislike him, I also dont like the fact that once his clique was broken up by Rafa he was off.

As for your second point, why thank you.

• 2 years later...