lifetime fan

Shit Liverpool players you actually quite liked.

What shit players have there been over the years that for some reason or another you still actually quite liked?

I'll kick of with Tony Nunez.

He came from Real Madrid dont you know, and Rafa could still remember how tall he was when he coached him at under 16 level. He was hardly the most inspiring signing in the summer of 2004, the cunt was going to Real and we are offered £9m or £9m plus Nunez for him.

Of course we took Nunez as well as the cash and he was going to be the answer to all our prayers down the right flank. Or thats the way it was meant to be.

As opposed to 'normal' shit players Nunez's first touch was actually very good, it was touches two and three that let him down. But for all his lack of ability he gave 100%, was good in the air and popped up with a fair number of goals too.

As shit as he was for some reason I always quite liked him.

1203b.gif

"Mad" Erik Meijer.

I remember once he went up to challenge a centre-half for a header and won it but the ball went out for an opposition throw. Next thing, he gets off the floor and gives the crowd a clenched fist with a look on his face as if to say "fucking come on!"

Liverpool leg-end.

Edited by Faustus

EEEEEEEGOR!! ( though i think he could have been actually really good if he had not been played out of position in the carling cup final, had a mare that day and went downhill afterward)

Mad Eric of course.

Guest Dog Chaser
What shit players have there been over the years that for some reason or another you still actually quite liked?

I'll kick of with Tony Nunez.

He came from Real Madrid dont you know, and Rafa could still remember how tall he was when he coached him at under 16 level. He was hardly the most inspiring signing in the summer of 2004, the cunt was going to Real and we are offered £9m or £9m plus Nunez for him.

Of course we took Nunez as well as the cash and he was going to be the answer to all our prayers down the right flank. Or thats the way it was meant to be.

As opposed to 'normal' shit players Nunez's first touch was actually very good, it was touches two and three that let him down. But for all his lack of ability he gave 100%, was good in the air and popped up with a fair number of goals too.

As shit as he was for some reason I always quite liked him.

1 goal albeit in a cup final

Scoring the goals against the Mancs and Real helped, but I liked him before that. I reckon he's a good wing back he's just been stitched up by our scouting department. There's just something endearing about him.

Won a World Cup that man.

Heard they're building a wing in the museum in dedication to him and that overhead kick.

Diomedes Are Forever.

Won a World Cup that man.

Heard they're building a wing in the museum in dedication to him and that overhead kick.

Diomedes Are Forever.

He was the only outfield player in the entire squad not to play a single minute of football in the tournament.

At the next rugby world cup the French named their cockerel mascot after him. :lol:

Is that true?

Very true. How the fuck could someone make something like that up.

I can remember almost crashing the car listening to 5Live when John Inverdale said it I was pissing myself so much.

I read somewhere that "Diomede" entered the French language, meaning "squad player who doesn't play."

With regards to the opening post, it's probably doing him a disservice to call him a shit player, but I always loved this guy, mainly for this moment:

camara_westham.jpg