You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Assassin's Creed II

Lucky Pierre

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what the Complete Edition give you over the normal version but I'm classing it as a win anyway.

I contains the original game plus a couple of extra DLC episodes and other extras only previously available in earlier special editions.

You've got a cracker deal there. Brilliant game and you've still Brotherhood to come after!

I thought number one was far too samey and had to stop playing it after a while, returning six months later to finish it off. But I loved the concept and knew that it had loads of potential.

Number two was loads better but still wasn't quite as good as it could be but I reckon number three was maybe the most enjoyable game I've played. I love the freedom of the playability and the size of the game, especially that you aren't in one city for a bit, then whisked somewhere else; I love the fact that you open up and get to know more and more in depth the city and surrounding areas. And those underground temples were just something else for a massive fan of the original couple of Tomb Raiders, like myself. I still get an uber-nerd boner when you climb to the top of some of those absolutely massive spires to sync the eagle vision and just sit there, admiring how far computer games have come on (loading for an hour from a cassette!) when you're just looking at the scenery on a fat HD telly. It's mental that you can still see people going about their business down below.

Now I'm about 70% into Revelations and I reckon it's the most beautiful game I've ever played. The graphics are just stunning. Some of the free running is still as annoying as ever, jumping in directions you never ran in or just into walls or leaping off roofs but you just learn to accept it in return for all the game's fantastic qualities. I recently went down into the catacombs, looking for one of the keys, and it just blew me away. I'm hoping there's some more of that to come but I'm still just enjoying training up my assassins and unlocking achievements at the moment.

The Peacekeeper assassination mission in Florence when you have to kill the 10 brutes in a minute has to be one of the most annoying/frustrating missions I've ever had on any game.

Only managed 9 so far and it's pissing me off big style at the moment.

Edit: Just managed it now. It highlights my only annoyances with the game, the camera seems to end up all over the place and as a result the targeting goes off when you have a lot of enemies to deal with and when you are trying to climb something and it all of a sudden decides you meant to jump backwards.

Still really enjoying it but some parts are very frustrating as a result of the above.

I'm in Venice now and have done all the missions in the first memory sequence in there now. Also cleared out all of the side missions in Florence and the Beat Up Event etc.

Other than the financial gain is there anything to be gained from collecting the treasure? Same with the feathers, is it worthwhile collecting loads of them. I already have shed loads of cash that I don't seem to be able to spend now and the Villa is upgraded as much as it can go.

In Brotherhood, collecting feathers (or whatever it was) unlocks some weapons, if I remember right, but I don't think they had any bearing on the actual game in the first couple; they're purely for gimp bragging rights. Then in Revelations, you can collect some shite to open up Desmond's story.

I thought doing away with the races and the beat-up tasks was one of the best things that Brotherhood did; they got so repetitive I just sacked them off.