You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Assassin's Creed II

Lucky Pierre

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did want that black edition, it looks fucking ace, but it's too expensive. I don't go for special editions usually, but I'd make an exception for this. I also wanted the prestige edition of MW2, complete with (so I'm told) boss night vision goggles but again that's too dear.

Yep. Ridiculous prices. I wanted both too. Refused to pay those insane prices for some plastic and the game.

The only reasonably priced one was the Halo 3: Legendary Edition with Spartan Helmet. Got mine for £40 after a Amazon.co.uk cock up on the price. Normal price was £70, which was reasonable for it.

My mate's got that as well it's ace. The Bioshock special edition with Big Daddy figure was brilliant too. I really wanted those NVG's, my mate is a hardcore gamer (beyond sense, really) and he's got them, reckons they are absolutely spot on. He's got a few games of mine, I'll have to have a mess with them.

His GTA4 special edition was a bit of a let down. Who wants a fucking safe with a game?!

My mate's got that as well it's ace. The Bioshock special edition with Big Daddy figure was brilliant too. I really wanted those NVG's, my mate is a hardcore gamer (beyond sense, really) and he's got them, reckons they are absolutely spot on. He's got a few games of mine, I'll have to have a mess with them.

His GTA4 special edition was a bit of a let down. Who wants a fucking safe with a game?!

I have the Bioshock SE too. Bought that off Play for £14.

As you can tell, I only buy the SE/CE if and when they are cheap as chips.

Agreed about the GTA one with safe, duffel bag, cd, book etc (got that cheap too). That was utter cack.

Just got an email today from Play telling me mine has been dispatched. I have a fucking presentation to do on Friday morning so I guess I wont be playing it early if it comes early. Been looking forward to this. The first one was FAR too repetitive, but one of my favourite things to do was clear all the rooftop guards away without being seen.

Played AC2 for about an hour, so only at the errands stage, but have to say very impressive. Ended up getting little bit bored after playing it for that length of time, but still only at the beating up people with my fists stage.

Visually probably one of the best ever I've played. Absolutely stunning.

I never ended up playing the first one, but I read a review on Amazon saying the developers took on all the criticisms, before designing number 2.