You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought the quote was appropriate for the situation we're in, if a little corny. I wouldn't call it desperation and I certainly don't think it's worthy of a dig at him. I'd sooner concentrate on the massive game tonight rather than a quote from the manager.

Corny, sure. Maybe even a little trite. But inappropriate? I don't think so.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Rafa,

We may not agree with all of your usual stunts like bringing off our best players ect. and not making subs till after 60 mins. We do not even how you still fit in your trousers. But what we do know is that you make us laugh. Carry it on my friend.

P.S if we could win the treble this year you will be a mother fucking genious!

With all these fickle, knee-jerk fans amongst support I am "getting happier" by the day that we have the Americans in charge, at least they can't affort to give all of you Rafa's head on a stick just yet...

By the time that they can, hopwefully he has turned this crisis around.....

In case you have not got the sarcasm, I want the Yanks out, but I want Rafa to stay and be given the time and money he needs to turn us into winners once more....

first he says 'success isnt about winning trophies'

now he's quoting our song.......

Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the press. "Are you the best man for the job?" the Liverpool boss was asked, prompting the Spaniard to remark: "When you walk through a storm, you have to hold your head up high."

i cringed when i read that,its like he's morphing into houlier before our very eyes

amazing how people can be swayed by a sound bite

Rafa: "When you walk through a storm, you have to hold your head up high"

I am no Rafa fan but this is all getting very tiresome indeed

I thought the quote was appropriate for the situation we're in, if a little corny. I wouldn't call it desperation and I certainly don't think it's worthy of a dig at him. I'd sooner concentrate on the massive game tonight rather than a quote from the manager.

Corny, sure. Maybe even a little trite. But inappropriate? I don't think so.

Yep.

In his time of need some people are deciding to take digs.

We should be supporting our manager.

Didn't Houllier go on about there being a golden sky when our form was poor?

I'm not comparing Rafa to Houllier, by the way; Rafa is a far better manager. I remember cringing a bit when Houllier said that though and I cringed when I read this.

I suppose it's good that our manager feels so close to the club to be quoting the most famous song...

Edited by Brownie

There's nothing he can say to make things better. The trouble is he has to say something.

I don't have a problem that he's said it, if you get what I mean. It just made me cringe.

He could say if after we've just won a trophy and i'd still cringe a bit.