You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Riera's not been bad overall

Think, apart from the last five minutes, he's played well. Lucas,too, has passed it forward and looked to go beyond Torres a few times which is promising; although strangely Gerrard has done neither of this things. Yossi needs to get in the game more, he's very capable of hurting these but he's letting the game bypass him.

Also wondering if Johnson's more restricted performance comes straight from Rafa.

Our defending makes me very angry.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Carragher chasing down another mans man? Skrtel was heading the ball and Carra runs over to him leaving Giovani free? His positioning was awful. He ran away from Giovani and left him free!

Forget all the crap in the press about pace etc, that is the kind of mistake Carragher has been making recently. He keeps trying to do everyone else's job and ends up not doing his own.

Forget all the crap in the press about pace etc, that is the kind of mistake Carragher has been making recently. He keeps trying to do everyone else's job and ends up not doing his own.

Exactly right. It started when he headbutted Skrtel on the jaw and has been going on from then. Continually challenging for headers with his own teammates. That's what he was doing here, again. Maybe as he performs worse, he redoubles his efforts, and ends up going for every ball instead of holding back and analyzing the situation a little.

I have been bitten a few times this season already hoping for Chelsea to drop points. Could today be the day? Hope I haven't jinxed it. Hope Man Utd drop points too.

As for us, we look great going forward but terrible at the back. Skrtel/Carra can do better than this as we have seen it. But I can't help but feel we need a dominant defender in the middle who you just KNOW will clear the lines when a dead ball comes in. Not sure if Agger is that man either, as his game is mostly with the ball on the deck. Then again, he is strong and when fit (!) and firing he did look world class.

If we come out in the second half with the right intensity we could win this 5-1. If we are hesitant we hand the initiative to them and it gets jittery again.

Come on redmen. Just blow them away!

I wont believe they have lost until the ref blows the whistle around the 98th minute plus the result is confirmed on ssn and in tomorrow's papers. Even then they might come up with an equalizer or winner.

They getting twatted apparently should be 2 up. Scotland having a hell of a debut apparently.

2 things that have pissed me of thus far.

1. This 'stop Torres at all costs' attitude that most teams have now adopted, its almost like watching a game of Rugby sometimes. Its seems as if ref's have been told to be a bit more lenient towards defenders where Torres is concerned, Almost as if they are told "Yeah this Torres fella is pretty good, so i'll let you hack him a few times to make it fair" Fuck off.

2. Chelsea losing at half time again. Why do it to yourselve's? We all know you'll win, prob in injury time - so just fuck off getting our hopes up