You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fall in house prices is fuck all compared to people living on the street.

Oh, I've loast 20 grand value on my house. So fuck. Don't sell it then. Live in it.

Hey arse candle wind yer neck in.

Living on the street is usually as a result of one or more addictions. That is a far bigger issue than homelessness.

We should have death squads like they do in south America That would solve the problem.

i am guessing from your L24 postcode that you go to the speke morrisons.ive just come back from there,and yes! talk talk are there in the foyer.the lad there today looks bored to tears,and when he approched me i hit him with my standard reply to any of these bods trying to get you to change to their product. i say"no thanks, im quite happy to pay through the nose with my current provider"and just carry on walking.they very rarely have an instant reply to that.

A few weeks ago i had a mouthy gobshite from N power knock at my door asking have i had my £100 bonus yet from them for switching to them,when i said no, he said "are you mad ?"to which i answered as a matter of fact yes i am.i then wound him up by saying my current (no pun intended) supplier had far better quality electricity than n power,to which he said that all electricity was the same,so i told him he would say that wouldnt he?he was fucking sorry he knocked at my door in the end.he finally gave up and fucked off convinced i was indeed mad.when i came back into the living room,my wife was crying with laughter.

i strongly recommend you deal with cold callers in this manner,i used to get well pissed off with them,but i look forward to them calling now to take the piss.

£100 bonus my arse! The cunts have just put my direct debit up even though my account is in credit, the cunting cunts.

I resent the guys who hang around the washbasins in pub toilets with their half full bottles of various aftershaves etc,.they always have a saucer with a pound coin on ,the implication being,that is the going rate.i try and just wash my hands and give then a polite nod,but I do find it slightly intimidating.

"Intimidating" is right - why can't I just go for a piss then wash my hands without having to pay for the 'privilege'?

• 2 months later...

I had a bump-worthy beggar the other day in town.

Was at a cashpoint and became aware of someone hanging round too close to turned around and it was some 20s scruffy looking fucker and he said

"Sorry to bother you but have you got 50p spare? I haven't got a job"

Nice one for the honesty mate but fucking hell, I'd rather you lie and say it was to get the bus back to Birkenhead or somethign

I work right in the heart of a town centre, our problem isn't so much homless people or statues, it's charity collectors for the big organizations.

Only walk 20 seconds from the office to get my lunch and in that time your asked by about three people if they could have a minute of your time so they can pile guilt on you in exchange for your bank details. I'm not even exagerating. It's EVERYDAY

It winds me up, but I guess they're not there to wind me up, just doing their jobs...that their getting paid for..... hhhmmmm

If she's fit and she asks you for a moment. Say Sorry not now but if you give me your number I can bell you later

Worst thing is he's started a trend. There was some 'orrible looking ginger bag head doing the same thing by Central station a few weeks ago. Me and my bird were going to Bella Italia and he was following us going "just need to get back to kirkby lad" I had to tell him to fuck off in the end when I usually employ the ignore/brush off technique

There are these two twins in Vancouver who are beggers. They are young, and nice lads, and my boss was talking to them one day when they were doing their 'give us money' stick, and they were both like, "Well, we are licensed chefs."

And my boss was like, "Well you are guys are good guys, why don't you apply for a few jobs and get back on your feet?"

They replied, "Back on our feet? We earn a lot more begging than we ever did working in a kitchen."

Fucking hell.

Another one:

There is this bearded(ZZ Top style) begger in Victoria. He always hangs around this carpark in the City center of Victoria during the week, bugging the office robots for some change.

He's there every weekday.

My uncle sees the guy every day that he goes to work, and I've seen him a few times kicking around in town.

Anyway, my uncle and i were driving up island an hour to go mountain biking at these ridiculously brilliant trails on Mt. Tzuhalem. Well, we stopped at this little cafe for breakfast and guess who we see pop out of a brand new $40,000 truck and head into Starbucks for a $6 stupid coffee drink? The bearded begger. We couldn't fucking believe it.

He is all dirty during the week, with grease in his beard, and shit... but when we saw him there? He was all clean, his beard wasn't tangled, and looked grease-free.

There used to be a fella who sold the Big Issue outside the Iceland in the Swan, always dressed like a fucking tramp and would moan about not seeing his kids for years - typical homeless person's story, almost generic. So some poor bastards would buy the magazine from him. Turns out he used to leave his 'good trainers' in the back whilst he 'tramped' himself up according to one of the delivery drivers.

As for those who stand in toilets trying to charge you for a piss, they can fuck off as well. Nothing worse than the intimidating looks you get because you don't want to tip them for giving you something to dry your hands on, and a bit of soap. Put them in a fucking dispenser you begging cunt, it works well in other places. I have started to just ignore them now. However we have all been there, pissed and tipped the horrible bastards. You wake up the next day and realise the cunt is about £4 on you.

• 11 years later...
33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Went to Bold Street the other day and there was shedloads of Roma old women sat in doorways rocking back and forth and crying. Have seen that in other cities, notably Dublin, it's proper organised gangland shit. The council needs to get its act together.

Fucksake that's grim. 

We have a guy down south here that would brag on social media (how the fuck he could afford a phone and mobile Internet is beyond me) about the things he steals from the town shops.

He now occupies a doorway to a now redundant burtons store.

He went to Bournemouth last week (£20 on the train) as he can get better money begging down there.

He left all his possessions in the Burton doorway in eastleigh and someone set fire to it all.

I've no sympathy whatsoever, in fact quite the opposite.

2 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

We have a guy down south here that would brag on social media (how the fuck he could afford a phone and mobile Internet is beyond me) about the things he steals from the town shops.

He went to Bournemouth last week (£20 on the train) as he can get better money begging down there.

He left all his possessions in the Burton doorway in eastleigh and someone set fire to it all.

While you may have a point,£20 is hardly a princely sum nowadays.

2 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Some homeless charities give homeless people phones especially during the pandemic. As they couldn’t directly access services offered.