You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be gutted if he makes more than a handful of Carling Cup appearances over the course of the season. Got a £50 bet with a mate he won't score more than 12 premiership goals. He stays injured I'm in the money.

Funnily enough I had a bet with a Manc in work that Kuyt scores more than him in all comps. Even my ST holding mate wouldn't have some and thought I was stupid. I do believe I'm 4-2 up at the moment. I knew he'd be injured half the time anyway.

I'll be gutted if he makes more than a handful of Carling Cup appearances over the course of the season. Got a £50 bet with a mate he won't score more than 12 premiership goals. He stays injured I'm in the money.

I've got something like £20 (to the HJC) with someone on here that he'll score less than Kuyt. Looking good.

Owen risks Reds rage - Premier League, Soccer - Independent.ie

Michael Owen has ensured that his first return to Anfield since moving to Manchester United will be a hostile one by eulogising the joys of working with Alex Ferguson at "the biggest club in the world".

Owen was substituted in United's Champions League win over Wolfsburg last week with a slight groin strain but he expects to be fit to face Liverpool on October 25.

"I came off just before my groin went," he said, "so instead of three or four weeks, it's only three or four days, but that's something you get with experience."

The striker never received the best of welcomes to Anfield while with Newcastle, thanks to lingering resentment at the manner of his 2004 departure to Real Madrid, and his decision to join Manchester United this summer has only served to fan the flames.

Anfield's indignation, though, has been further fuelled by Owen's consistent failure to address the issue of becoming the first player since Paul Ince to move indirectly between the two clubs, and his latest remarks are sure to be taken to heart by Liverpool fans.

FANTASTIC

"It's fantastic working with Ferguson," Owen said. "It's everything you would expect of a top, top team, probably the biggest club in the world. Everything from the kit man to the girls who work in the canteen and the manager are just first class."

Owen is yet to score in three starts for United, but has scored twice as an impact substitute, most notably with his winner in the Manchester derby. While he has succeeded in winning over United's supporters, he will need a concerted run in the team to regain his place in the England squad.

"That is the ultimate aim for every English footballer," Owen said. "To get into that squad and go to the World Cup, but that's not until the summer. I still have six or seven months to do as well as possible."

Real class act - the little pygmy judas

Who cares? Owen is a braindead midget who just parrots the other notable morons at his shitty club, people like Charlton who keeps banging on to the press about how ManUre are the "biggest club in the world".

I don't think he's deliberately trying to wind us up, he's just being retarded and repeating what he hears from Ferguson and Charlton, as well as some bigger retards in the press. But Owen can still get fucked though.

Guest TK-421

He will continue to pick up niggling injuries and won't get in the WC squad. This will lead to depression, alcohol, drugs and a downward spiral into self-destruction and oblivion.