You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In fairness, he may have a point on this one though. Moores is able to put capital up as a guarantee if required, so maybe that is seen as favourable in the eyes of the banks.

Exactly , Of course we cant help but be pescimistic when it comes to DM but they guy has a point like you say. It certainly wont help losing his money as security. But if it is true what then ? They dont refinance and then what I ask myself ? Do RBS listen to offers ? ? Administration ? ? More Lionel Richie ? ?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly , Of course we cant help but be pescimistic when it comes to DM but they guy has a point like you say. It certainly wont help losing his money as security. But if it is true what then ? They dont refinance and then what I ask myself ? Do RBS listen to offers ? ? Administration ? ? More Lionel Richie ? ?

Well the first thing that they will do is put pressure on the Americans to sell.

Guest ShoePiss
Dont shoot me down here and Im sure no one will buy this, but, SL on RAWK is saying that it is believed he stepped away from the board as having him on there may curry favour with RBS in getting refinance .

Thoughts ?

I think if that's why Moores resigned from the board he would come out and say so and would have told them to shove the life president thing up their arses. The Americans probably told him to resign and he probably begged them to keep his other meaningless title.

"But one thing that will always remain at Anfield is David Moores’ heart.

The night before he sold the club, his eyes welled up in tears at the imminent sea change. Not because he was upset at relinquishing control - but because an emotional and thoroughly decent man was acutely aware of the momentous decision he was taking. He clearly felt its huge burden of responsibility.

Moores will remain a genuine and committed fan of Liverpool Football Club until his day is done.

And that, standing on the Kop cheering on his heroes, is where it all began for David Moore"

You would have to have a heart of stone to read the demise of little Dave without dissolving into tears of laughter.

Anyone who defends Moores is obviously clueless.

There is a sentence in that article by Thompson that is absolutely stunning:

Add in the tensions between manager Rafael Benitez and Parry, and a man often regarded as the ideal club chairman because of his refusal to ever interfere

......................................................................................................

"regarded as the ideal chairman because of his refusal to ever interfere".

The chairman?................the chairman of the football club refused to ever interfere. Did anybody ever give him a job specification? Who was supposed to "interfere" if not the chairman?

Definitely a shit article! All over the lips of the writer! Moores went for the money, not the interests of the club - the facts and the timeline speak for themselves. He probably can't stand the cold shoulder he's getting from all who care about the club. As for his oil painting - take it with you, David!

Poor little rich boy who didn't make the grade, got the club into a hole, sold to the highest bidder, and then blamed them for his mess. C*nt!

Thats what I love - The well thought out banter
Heres banter mate that twat thinks the family name moores made lfc, not shankly! ref european game away in the 80s in a hotel,cant you tell you the game but will tomorow when i see the lads who were there and going to twat them.they were going to twat him.

It's no wonder the club has fallen into the mire this past 15 years with sycophantic nonsense like that in the local rag. Not surprising though - I'd imagine Liverpool FC and Everton pretty much prop up the Echo. Those who pay the piper call the tune.

• 1 month later...