You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Looks like Real Madrid bought themselves into a corner

llego

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sneijder is a fine player but where will he play? Unless we shunt Gerrard onto the wing, there's no place for Sneijder in the starting 11.

I'd happily take that horrible cunt Robben. God I hate him but he's a great winger, and we could do with one of those.

Sneijder is a fine player but where will he play? Unless we shunt Gerrard onto the wing, there's no place for Sneijder in the starting 11.

I'd happily take that horrible cunt Robben. God I hate him but he's a great winger, and we could do with one of those.

I don't like this fixation people have with "wingers". We don't need a winger as such (chalk on the boots, beat your man, get crosses on), but we could do with a player prepared to run at defences, as opposed to just playing out wide. If Babel gets his head straightened out, he could yet be that player.

Regarding Sneijder, again he is a fantastic player, too good to just be in the squad as back-up. However, to bring him in would mean we have either got rid of Alonso or redeployed Gerrard elsewhere. Both of which I can't envisage.

Some decent players on there!

Robben would be a great replacemnt for Riera if he wasn't a cunt, injury-prone and looked about 76 years old.

Van Der Vaart and Snjeider would also be useful additions at the right price: versatile and skilful players both.

In fact the only one I would say a definitive NO to is that useless, past-it, rubbish cunt Heinze. And we don't need the worse Diarra, either.

Looks like a lot of people are confused by the fact Madrid have got two Diarra`s.

Van der Vaart is a sublime player if he is played in his right position as an attacking midfielder/link player, he is no winger though so I guess those saying he is shite must have seen him when he has started out wide.

The sad fact is that everyone of these players would be an asset to us, we have an almost complete first 11, but there are no way around the fact our squad should be stronger.

Robben is the player who would improve our first team with immidiate effect, for all the others we would have to make changes to fit them in, but I would not mind playing Gerrard in CM alongside Alonso and then use either Van der Vaart or Sneijder behind Torres either.

They won't sell Diarra. They only bought him.

Hope we don't sign Heinze. He's fucking shite.

I'd only take Sneijder, but where would we play him?

I wouldn't touch any of the others with a barge pole.

Wouldn't surprise me if City bought most of them.

Mahamadou you nutjob.

I'd take Sneijder and play him on the Right or left. We'd get a tune out of him there.

Guest Dog Chaser

Robben on his day is a world beater but he's a diving cunt, an ex-chelsea diving cunt and fairly injury prone. Sneijder might be worth a go, has the quality in central roles, not so sure about on the wings though.

i cant believe theyre selling Wesley Sneijder... btw this diarra is not as good as lassana diarra.. lass is much much better!

They haven't said that they are. It's the media putting theories about which players will be sold to make way for the Mark II Galacticos.

And finally...

Mahamadou Diarra (Malian)...bought from Lyon 3 years ago, and has been out injured for most of last season. Plays similar to Makalele, so they looked stronger with him in the team. Also a threat at corners.

Lassana Diarra (French)...kicked off about lack of playing time at both Chelsea and Arsenal. Calls himself "Lass". Supposed to be the new Makelele, but far too much of a headless chicken. Will no doubt kick off about lack of playing time if retained by Madrid. More clubs than Tiger Woods.

Hope that clears up the Diarra confusion.

If Madrid are prepared to go to 30 million for Alonso, Would 20 million plus Sneijder or van der Vaart be a good deal?

Also If Glen Johnson is being paid for by the sales of Arbeloa, Dossena and Crouchy, the Alonso deal would give us an extra 20 million to spend.

Which could signal a 35 million pound move for David Villa!

or David Silva at the very least.

I really don't want to sell Xabi though, but I think he is the most valuable of the players that could possibly be sold, which I presume is also Rafa's thinking.

Also, seeing as I don't watch La Liga, what are peoples opinions on Sneidjer and Van der Vaart, who is the better player? Who in this scenario would be the better replacement for Xabi?

Robben's father in hands off warning to Tottenham...

1433 BST: Arjen Robben's father, Hans, has given his thoughts on his son joining Tottenham. "Absolute nonsense" he told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "We don't talk with Tottenham. At the moment we don't talk with any club. Of course, things can change overnight, but one thing is sure: Arjen will certainly not join Tottenham."

Sorry Harry.

Arbeloa plus £5-10M would be reasonable business for Robben (the lower the cash the better, but no more than £10M).

I'll go a bit footy manager here, but I think it is possible to sign Johnson, Robben and a top attacker.

Johnson - £18M

(£8M out of pocket, £7M owing on Crouch, £3M to be added on based on appearences/trophies).

Robben - £18M

(£10M out of pocket, £8M for Arbeloa).

That's two big improvements to the first team within our £20M budget. If we just achieve something like that, we will be better equipped for next season, but ideally we would also land another top striker.

Let us suppose our budget was £20M, plus £15M Keane, plus anything else on sales. Given the above we would still have £17M left.

What other sales might there be?

Dossena - £6M

Voronin - £3M

Babel - £8M

Riera - £8M

We now have £42M in hard cash, enough for David Villa.

There you have it folks, we sign Johnson, Robben and Villa, and we keep both Alonso and Mascherano!

Does anyone want to get on the happy bus with me?

What's with the love in for Sneijder? He's a good player, but he's nothing fantastic. He had a very good start to his career at Real Madrid, but since then his form dropped off.

Van Der Vaart is a much more naturally gifted player, although very immobile. I don't particularly think either are very much suited to the Premiership. Sneijder would probably find it easier to settle in, but unless Madrid are selling for peanuts I think we can find better players.

They haven't said that they are. It's the media putting theories about which players will be sold to make way for the Mark II Galacticos.

And finally...

Mahamadou Diarra (Malian)...bought from Lyon 3 years ago, and has been out injured for most of last season. Plays similar to Makalele, so they looked stronger with him in the team. Also a threat at corners.

Lassana Diarra (French)...kicked off about lack of playing time at both Chelsea and Arsenal. Calls himself "Lass". Supposed to be the new Makelele, but far too much of a headless chicken. Will no doubt kick off about lack of playing time if retained by Madrid. More clubs than Tiger Woods.

Hope that clears up the Diarra confusion.

Not really. Which one of them was "our" diarra?