You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What if we don't bring in one single player?

JustTosh

………I for one would be more than happy with that.

It took us 6-7 months to really gel last season. At last, too late, we sorted it out. Our football since the Real Madrid match at Anfield is the best football we’ve produced for more than 20 years.

If we can contain that form and carry it with us into the next season, we’ll win the league. At a canter.

So Rafa: Please, please, don’t fuck up now. The team we have at the moment is good enough as it is. Don’t disrupt things. Don’t sell Xabi or any other key player. Don’t bring in many new faces.

The world is full of examples of teams good enough as they were, trying to bring in stars to become even better. Only to see a decline as the rhythm and understanding amongst the players are disrupted.

Some will be unhappy when we “fail” in the transfer market this summer. I’ll stay happy as long as we don’t loose any of our current players. Together we’ll all be happy when we bring the league home next year.

We do need strengthening that much is true, but we don't need investment on the level of what we have needed in previous years.

What is clear is that we need someone to back up Torres, or play alongside him, as well as this we need competition for RB, A good summer for me would be Glenn Johnson + Michael Owen plus another striker.

We have the makings of a fine team, and our best 11 could beat probably any team around the world on it's day. It's just a case of strengthening in positions where we are short.

Guest simon

I think it would depend on who if it was RVP i would be happy. We need at least two in my opinion we need backup for Arbeloa and backup for Nando.

I think it would depend on who if it was RVP i would be happy. We need at least two in my opinion we need backup for Arbeloa and backup for Nando.

If you get RVP then you get an option on the left, plus back up for Nando.

We do need strengthening that much is true, but we don't need investment on the level of what we have needed in previous years.

What is clear is that we need someone to back up Torres, or play alongside him, as well as this we need competition for RB, A good summer for me would be Glenn Johnson + Michael Owen plus another striker.

We have the makings of a fine team, and our best 11 could beat probably any team around the world on it's day. It's just a case of strengthening in positions where we are short.

And have another season of Babel, Riera and El Zhar for the left?

No thanks.

A better way of putting it is if we dont get anyone who would improve the first team and for me that is a distict possibility

There is no guarantee that rafa will be given money to spend plus sales, its quite possible we will spend net 0.

However in answer to the question withoutone quality addition I dont we will get 86 points next season because all our rivals will improve and we will stay still.

The other problem is if we sign a good player it motivates the rest of the squad but if we didnt sign anyone of abillity it could act a demotivational factor.

Id be happy with just one signing live David Villa or David Silva but I fear the worst but at least preparing for the worst means I can only be happy if the worst doesnt happen

A better way of putting it is if we dont get anyone who would improve the first team and for me that is a distict possibility

There is no guarantee that rafa will be given money to spend plus sales, its quite possible we will spend net 0.

However in answer to the question withoutone quality addition I dont we will get 86 points next season because all our rivals will improve and we will stay still.

The other problem is if we sign a good player it motivates the rest of the squad but if we didnt sign anyone of abillity it could act a demotivational factor.

Id be happy with just one signing live David Villa or David Silva but I fear the worst but at least preparing for the worst means I can only be happy if the worst doesnt happen

We bid for Silva a few weeks ago, 15 million take it or leave it, we've now added Voronin.

We were also in for Barry last minute, so i'd say there's money their. Hopefully.

Guest simon
If you get RVP then you get an option on the left, plus back up for Nando.

Thats it mate plus have you seen his stats for this season they are quite amazing.

And have another season of Babel, Riera and El Zhar for the left?

No thanks.

What about Yossi? I don't think it's as bad as you make out, yes Babel is awful, but Riera is a good player and Yossi has played out of his skin during the later months. You've also got Fabio and dare I say Dossena who can play there as well.

If Rafa plays his cards right it won't be that much of a problem for us,

As I said, we need investment, but not on the scale some would have you believe.

What about Yossi? I don't think it's as bad as you make out, yes Babel is awful, but Riera is a good player and Yossi has played out of his skin during the later months. You've also got Fabio and dare I say Dossena who can play there as well.

If Rafa plays his cards right it won't be that much of a problem for us,

As I said, we need investment, but not on the scale some would have you believe.

Oh I know lad, I know, but i'd much prefer to swap them 3 for 1 better player if you get my drift?

Like swap Babel and Elzhar and sacrifrice Riera (as he's decent) for a player of Benayoun's quality.

Because when Yossi's on top form he is seriously unplayable.

Oh I know lad, I know, but i'd much prefer to swap them 3 for 1 better player if you get my drift?

Like swap Babel and Elzhar and sacrifrice Riera (as he's decent) for a player of Benayoun's quality.

Because when Yossi's on top form he is seriously unplayable.

Yeah, that's one big positive from the last few months. He's a joy to watch and rivals Dirk in trying to run himself into cardiac arrest for the shirt.

The problem we have is that both Yossi and Riera are form players. Yossi has been great this last few months but he goes through cycles and we can't afford to be in the position where the whole season is over before it starts because we haven't got a left sided player who can impact the game.