You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

they're trying to get him for 20 million rising to 25 million.

they can fuck off. they either pay up or forget it.

give them a 7 day deadline.

Id go for that, hold the talks with Xabi and inform him that they have 7 days from that point to put in a massive bid, if they havent after 7 days inform the press and world Xabi will not be sold and terminate any contact with the gang of gobshites. We hold all the cards so if they dont meet our terms then fuck them off.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is I`m not trying to deny him any credit, I just wanted to put it into some context because some people talk about these wins like we won 10-0 because of our out of this world manager.

For those asking if penalties does count for nothing, off course they do, but in my book they do not count as something I find it useful to measure the managers ability compared to the manger who lost on penalties in the same match with.

Its a bit like the discussion when we talk about CL wins, I often count final apperances instead because, like shown in my post earlier finals are often decided on penalties and for me it tells more about a teams ability that they actually reached the final than if they won or lost it on penalties.

Praise Rafa for his achivments with this team, but dont belittle other managers who have achieved almost identical stuff.

Are you drunk?

I despise Madrid. We shouldn't under any circumstances back down to their bullying antics and sell Xabi on the cheap, if at all.

I'm not saying I want Jimmy Saville as our manager, mate and totally understand that the boss has to have an aura of menace about him in some respects.

Look at Ferguson, he's seen as a very strong character but he also tries to make sure that he keeps his best players happy, at least from the outside it seems that way anyway.

I have no more to add, other than the fact that I think it's detrimental to the team if a managers relationship with a player plays a part in him wanting to leave the club.

Only time will tell what affect it has on our results (if Xabi does leave).

But which managers do have this style ? Fergie has fallen out with Tevez and Rooney this past season, Beckham and Van Nistelroy in the past and others Im sure. Wenger has often fallen out with players then moved them on.

Rafa is Xabis boss and not his confidant, yes, managers and players should have respect for each other, but it neednt go further and I dont see that they dont respect each other, as professionals.

Are you drunk?

I despise Madrid. We shouldn't under any circumstances back down to their bullying antics and sell Xabi on the cheap, if at all.

I agree,the Cunts had the kecks off us with Owen.

Similar to United,Arrogant Cunts.

The pricks think there doing us a favour by wanting to buy our players.

When we go in for English players we pay over the odds.

Well if they want Spanish players there going to have to pay over the odds as well.

Players used to dread getting injured when Shanks was manager as he'd ignore them completely, Evans would have been around their houses feeding them soup and fluffing their pillows.

Perhaps if we stopped tip toeing around players we'd see less player power and less diva fits when they don't feel loved.

exactly they have quotas to fill and who else decent could they get that is spanish? If they want their midfield controlled xabi is their only option. If they paid 56 for kaka and 80 for ronaldo they can pay 40 odd for xabi or we will keep him and we know he will perform to the best he can

I'm surprised Madrid are dragging this out, obviously they dont want Xabi as much as the press like to tell him otherwise they would just pay the price like they did for Kaka and Ronaldo

they think they can screw us over, I really hope Benitez stands firm. I think he will.

The Spanish press are mouring the loss of Parry, they say the new MD is a tough negotiator (though I think Benitez is now in control anyway) and it is far from done despite all the speculation, they're still yet to put their money with their mouth is and the longer they drag this out the more likely it wont happen because it will be too late for us to get a replacement so they can wait until next year. Madrid seem prepared to lose their man

I'm sorry Code, but that's nothing short of moronic.

Its really not at this stage.

One year we take a lot of points against the teams outside the top 4 then the next this is where we drop points, then one season we are superb away only for the nex to drop loads of points away.

We see improvement in bits and pieces only to go reverse again and then improve in another area the next season.

Where can we say its a fact that we have improved year by year?

Is it at home?

Is it away?

Is against the top 4 clubs?

Is it against the dross?

Is it our point total?

Is it in the Cups?

Is it in the league?

Do we concede less goals?

Do we score more goals?

Do we concede less from set pieces?

Do we score more from set pieces?

Do we see more youngsters coming through?

Do we see less youngsters coming through?

If I should take a punt myself I would say our goalscoring record in the league is where we can say we have steady and gradually improved, for the rest there are no consistency and its really all over the place.

It will be really interesting to see next season if/where/ what we will improve and where we will regress again.

I`ll stick my neck on the line and say trust me, that is exactly what will happen going by earlier experiances.

30million? Fuck that, we should tell them to fuck right.

Rafa needs to speak to Xabi now. Tell him he is going no where this summer. We need ALL of our best players here next season. We are really that close to winning the league, and every man who Rafa feel's will help us to do that should be told they are staying, full stop. If they still want out next summer then sell them after we have won the league, like the mancs have done with Ronaldo. I don't care if they get a titty lip and moan a bit, once the first ball is kicked they are professional enough to let it go. Tell Madrid to fuck off and stop thinking they can take their pick off who they want on the cheap. We dicked on them last season, 5 fuckin nil! If Xabi is that adament he wants off then they can have for 45million and not a penny less.

I'm surprised Madrid are dragging this out, obviously they dont want Xabi as much as the press like to tell him otherwise they would just pay the price like they did for Kaka and Ronaldo

they think they can screw us over, I really hope Benitez stands firm. I think he will.

The Spanish press are mouring the loss of Parry, they say the new MD is a tough negotiator (though I think Benitez is now in control anyway) and it is far from done despite all the speculation, they're still yet to put their money with their mouth is and the longer they drag this out the more likely it wont happen because it will be too late for us to get a replacement so they can wait until next year. Madrid seem prepared to lose their man

I think it has more to do with finance, despite throwing money around the players bought will pay for themselves (in theory) in merchandise and shirt sales, not sure Xabi is going to do that, although I think Madrid can count on a few Xabi shirt sales from this website, not sure they will make up 30 million quids worth. Therefore they can't just agree to meet our valuation willy nilly.

One year we take a lot of points against the teams outside the top 4 then the next this is where we drop points, then one season we are superb away only for the nex to drop loads of points away.

We see improvement in bits and pieces only to go reverse again and then improve in another area the next season.

Is it at home?

Is it away?

Is it against the dross?

Is it our point total?

Is it in the Cups?

Is it in the league?

Do we score more goals?

If I should take a punt myself I would say our goalscoring record in the league is where we can say we have steady and gradually improved, for the rest there are no consistency and its really all over the place.

It will be really interesting to see next season if/where/ what we will improve and where we will regress again.

I`ll stick my neck on the line and say trust me, that is exactly what will happen going by earlier experiances.

Finally remembered who you remind me of Code.

Its of course Simon Quinlank

fHDCSIJiWCM

I think it has more to do with finance, despite throwing money around the players bought will pay for themselves (in theory) in merchandise and shirt sales, not sure Xabi is going to do that, although I think Madrid can count on a few Xabi shirt sales from this website, not sure they will make up 30 million quids worth. Therefore they can't just agree to meet our valuation willy nilly.

then they'll just have to do with an aging Guti in their midfield (6)

Xabi is their number 1 CM target and has been for a long time, he is key to spraying that ball around the way Perez wants it so i'm surprised they're risking the deal rather than paying up. oh well

Xabi is their number 1 CM target and has been for a long time, he is key to spraying that ball around the way Perez wants it so i'm surprised they're risking the deal rather than paying up. oh well

No he's not, he's second choice in the 'we need another Spaniard' race with David Villa.

Logic would have suggested Madrid can challenge Barca by spending far less, they could have spent a fraction of the money on two centre halves and a left back, got themselves a good solid centre midfielder like Xabi, and focussed on Valencia or Arshavin for a bit of creativity and they would have had a much better team, but Billy Smart wanted a load of frilly knickered ponces to turn his team into a later day Harlem Globetrotters. Quite frankly it is pathetic and they have a cheek calling themselves a football team.

I dont think they need to meet quotas, they have enough spanish players. Iker, Ramos, Albiol, De la Red, Negredo and a whole load of B players

they need a midfield maestro like Xabi and he is their number 1 target for that position. they either pay up or they should move on to someone else, notice they're not moving on yet so still dragging it out for Xabi but for how long?

Is it at home?

Is it away?

Is it against the dross?

Is it our point total?

Is it in the Cups?

Is it in the league?

Do we score more goals?

Do you enjoy football? Do you enjoy watching us? Do you sing Rafa's name at the game? You sound like you are teetering on the edge! We have the best front two in the world, lets enjoy it and revel in the race for number 19!

code thinks Rafa nicked the job that was rightfully his

its true

edit

i've cracked it

fond of stats

hates rafa

Code is Sam Alladyce!

I'd always imagined he was Xabi's always drunk and slightly neurotic mother, but you could be right.

I doubt very much anyone one here would be buying a Real Madrid top with Xabi's name on it next season, or any season come to think of it..

I doubt very much anyone one here would be buying a Real Madrid top with Xabi's name on it next season, or any season come to think of it..

I posted a link to one of the spanish papers about Xabi being MOTM and on the whole in the fans feedback they were pretty disparaging I assume this was the Basque nonsense.

It does seem pretty sad that he could end up going there and getting less support.