You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

If I was Rafa I'd start looking for central midfielders and quick.

As much as I like Xabi and would want him to stay, if he wants to move on then we should let him. Get the money and move on. Same applies to Mascherano.

Both players have to want to be here, we can afford as little distractions as possible if we're going to try & win things.

It's not as if they're going to go on strike if we refuse to sell them. They'd soon focus back on the task in hand when the games start coming thick and fast, especially Mascherano who owes Rafa a lot.

I'd just reiterate our stance that neither are for sale and close the book on it. The players can get their moves next summer after they win us a title.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be very hard to replace them both however in the same transfer window.

It would, and would put us back a step or two but you only need to look at the scums central midfield last year to realsie you don't need two world beaters there to win our league. Despite them reaching the final, in Europe it would be much harder to replace the two of them.

I'm just sick & tired of it all. Those who want to be somewhere else (for whatever reason) can politely fuck off, we should get as much as we can and move on.

Marge: Somethings different with Bart.

Homer: New Glasses?

Marge: No it's something else

Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.

Marge: I wanna ask but then I worry we may be smothering him.

Homer: Then we'd get the chair.

Marge: That's not what I meant!

Homer: Yes it is, Marge. Admit it.

It will be very hard to replace them both however in the same transfer window.

I agree with that. Who'd you sign fabregay and cambiaso? would their clubs let them leave i dont think so. It will be hard enough replacing one of them.

This wouldn't be the first time a manager and a player have fallen out at Liverpool and it certainly isn't the first time a load of internet warriors have made out they know what's really going on.

If he wants to go I'd sell Alonso for £30m minimum. Give Mascherano a new contract and either buy a world class midfielder or world call 2nd striker and move Gerrard back. Life must go on. We can't become a circus every summer like Arsenal are. We aren't a selling club - we need to move on.

I don't understand what that means?

Davy Liver is a local cab company. I was just trying to find out if your source-on-Xabi is the same as your source-on-Keane, since you had refered to your source-on-Keane as being a phone call away, which you subsequently compared to being a phone call away just like calling for a taxi, when you were called out on the 'personal relationship with the source' angle.

Edited by DonaldDonaldson

why didn't his matey tactics get him past horrible Rafa then? Maybe Rafa would have fared better with the Chelsea money. I am not saying i am right but it is something to take on board is it not?

Why have we never won any of our finals under Rafa after 90 minutes if he is such an awesome manager, you would think he would be able to outsmart these other infidels instead of riding his luck with penalties all the time?

04/05: League Cup, lost after extra time.

04/05: Champions League, won after penalties.

05/06: UEFA Supercup, won after extra time

05/06: FIFA World Club Cup, lost after 90 minutes.

05/06: FA Cup, won after penalties.

06/07: Champions League, lost after 90 minutes.

Since then, fuck all.

The reason for the post is that I would not rate one managers performance and tactics in any games above the opposition manager as long as penalties are the decider in that game.

Do the games to get to the final not count in tactical terms?

Really scraping the barrell now.

I`m not scraping anything, I just find it a bit interesting given the reputation he has got because of it and how easily things could have looked differently without a bit of luck in the lottery that is penalty shoot outs.

Davy Liver is a local cab company. I was just trying to find out if your source-on-Xabi is the same as your source-on-Keane, since you had refered to your source-on-Keane as being a phone call away, which you subsequently compared to being a phone call away just like calling for a taxi, when you were called out on the 'personal relationship with the source' angle.

Brownie in friend has a phone shocker.

Can't be fucked with this shit anymore.

Just sort it out, or fuck off Xabi

Neither can I, got to admit that this absolutely fucked up thread is all Xabi's fault too. He's only just got the Confed Cup out of the way, if it bothers you that much don't spend as much time in the thread!

It boggles the mind to think that he's only just got a tournament out of the way but the amount of time madness has been flying around in this thread some people are actually getting fed up at Xabi himself about it.

I`m not scraping anything, I just find it a bit interesting given the reputation he has got because of it and how easily things could have looked differently without a bit of luck in the lottery that is penalty shoot outs.

Nah,you're definitely scraping the barrel.

Xabi is a professional, but is leaving, 'cos he's got the hump. Right!

Should Alonso leave I dont think there would one single reason why he left. It would be down to multiple reasons including him being homesick.

I am not saying that he hates Rafa in anyway BUT if he has got the "hump" then I can imagine that adds to the reasons of wanting to go.

Only Alonso knows what Alonso is feeling right now but until I read that he actually wants out (meaning actually saying rather than speaking in riddles) then I am still hopefull he will stay.

...............that or Madrid bid 35million for him.

You picked up a Chav? Ew, you don't know where he's been.

Hahaha my criteria hasn't dipped that low yet no.

This one was wearing a brown and gold tracksuit and was shouting down the phone at someone who I'm still not entirely sure was his blood brother, but he excitedly referred to him as the word mentioned above.