You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Surely thats what we should be judgin him upon now - not what he did or didn't do 6 years ago playing for the scum (as a bit part player at that)

if i am being honest i just dont like the guy and dont think he is right for us but fair play if you do

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anelka looked like he was playing for another move today, never seen him work so hard!

See, for me, he'd be a far smarter choice than Tevez if what you're looking for is someone that can do both Gerrard's and Torres's roles when one or the other is out and also play wide if need be, though he doesn't seem to relish it. He's never made any secret of how much he loved playing for the club and how its still his one big regret. Cheeky £12m bid?

Aguero. Going to be huge in the next 3-4 years

great shout, was hoping he will follow the season after next with invesment and if we get tevez established as he will have his captain at ours and torres who knows him. Masch needs to work on maradona!

See, for me, he'd be a far smarter choice than Tevez if what you're looking for is someone that can do both Gerrard's and Torres's roles when one or the other is out and also play wide if need be, though he doesn't seem to relish it. He's never made any secret of how much he loved playing for the club and how its still his one big regret. Cheeky £12m bid?

i would get him as well as tevez personally. He could cover torres whereas i think tevez would be far better covering the 3 slots behind torres but i am not grasping this budget thing!

Fuck me people, we havnt got a magic tree in melwood that grows 50 quid notes. Whatever business we will do, will be proper bargain basement deals that Rafa manages to pull off. Dont expect massive signings that make ya go out an get names printed on the back off shirts.

What? £12M? For fucking "I don't want to take a Penalty in the CL final" Anelka?

The guy who is THIRTY FUCKING ONE years old next season?

You are mad.

Not too sure about that. Rafa did bring it up when talking about his qualities, and he did play that game out wide in one of the preseason friendlies. But having Torres, Gerrard and Keane all fit at the same didn't happen too often, so we didn't get to find out what the true intentions were with the Keane signing imo.

Well if the following words after "not too sure about that" didn't make you sure then I needn't bother trying.

What? £12M? For fucking "I don't want to take a Penalty in the CL final" Anelka?

The guy who is THIRTY FUCKING ONE years old next season?

You are mad.

Okay, £10m then. People seem quite content for us to blow over £20m for a lad that seemingly has every intention of seeing his next contract out before fucking off back to Argentina on a free.

Not even sure i'm that pushed on Anelka, just looking at alternatives.

Okay, £10m then. People seem quite content for us to blow over £20m for a lad that seemingly has every intention of seeing his next contract out before fucking off back to Argentina on a free.

Not even sure i'm that pushed on Anelka, just looking at alternatives.

I wouldn't pay more than £3-4m for Anelka. He's got one season left at a high enough level to suit us.

The only positive to when Barry signs is that he'll have to prove himself all over again. A similar but different position to the one Keane was in last summer as he plays in a different position ;)

Regardless of what happens to Xabi, Barry will be under massive scrutiny which itself could pay dividends for us.

I am trying to convince myself to look at the good things if Downing came. All I have so far is that he will offer width and can take a good corner. If Middlesborough get relegated and we can get him for a cut price of around 6 million would you be happy?

Yeah but you think Kevin Davies is good so that rules any opinion you have on anyone as void.

I said this last season and Torres has nudged him out of the top 5 scorers this year.

Have you watched Bolton this year? He's the focal point and he's the reason they've had a good season. Scored one less than Torres. He'd be great for us as an option. There's no room for snobbery.

I said this last season and Torres has nudged him out of the top 5 scorers this year.

Have you watched Bolton this year? He's the focal point and he's the reason they've had a good season. Scored one less than Torres. He'd be great for us as an option. There's no room for snobbery.

Kevin Davies, dear oh dear.

From what I know he is an immensely talented player who could play in any of the three positions behind Torres.

Stunk the place out of Milan, though I'm not sure he was ever given a proper chance. If he has the right mentality and is avaible for a decent price, it could be a good option.

Oh dear