You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Did anyone actually hate him? I saw people expressing the opinion that no player was bigger than the club, or that they didn't think he was as good as he was cracked up to be, but not hate.

Was called a cunt, touting cunt, told to fuck off etc... Just read through the other Agger thread.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean that everyone will now love him and rate him again?

He's turned into Baresi these past few weeks now Skrtel is "shit"

Pleasently surprised. He just needs to stay fit and focus on his football now all this is out the way. He's an excellent but thus far largely unfulfileld talent.

Could not agree more. How many truly great games has he had for us? The only one I can think of is the one a couple of seasons ago when he dealt brilliantly with Drogba after having been bullied mercilessly by him in the previous game. There's no doubt that he has wonderful potential, but I want to see it fulfilled. His fitness record is very poor - and I seem to remember Pete saying that that was also the case before he joined us. If he's fit and in-form then this is a great deal; if not, it could be a very expensive one though. However, at least a new contract means we can sell for a good price if things don't go the way we'd like.

Very surprised, and happy about it.

Although I don't think he is as good as people say he is, or crucial to our future as well, It's a good move and hopefully in the future Skrtel and Agger can actually form a solid partnership.

I still however believe Carragher is our best defender and whoever says he is losing it is chatting immense piles of bullshit.

I didn't know about this til I just read it on the offal. Made up, me. I appreciate he's got a lot to prove but we've seen flashes of how good the lad is and now we know he's committed enough to stay and fight for his place. The guy's taken a lot of stick lately, not least from some regulars on here and this proves there's been no need for any of it. This sends out a good message too, from both the manager and the player. My only fear is that this might mean the end for Xabi.

Agger's agent was quoted on Danish tv just now saying he was surprised to see the story about the contract agreement. As far as he is concerned they're far from signing anything.

Surely the club would not release a story until they were completely sure that everything was sorted?

Anyway, he has been excellent today.

Surely the club would not release a story until they were completely sure that everything was sorted?

Anyway, he has been excellent today.

I repeat, he has not signed anything. They've only agreed parts of the contract - I think how many years it's going to run.

Awesome stuff this, I thought he really was off too. Sami's gone but with Agger we're still pretty much ok in defence, but if he'd have gone too we'd be in a seriously dodgy position. Hopefully he'll go on to be our best defender, and also help us rip teams to bits when we go on the attack too.

Now if we can just keep Alonso and build on this, (and have better luck with injuries.) things have the chance of being truly amazing next year.

Very surprised, and happy about it.

Although I don't think he is as good as people say he is, or crucial to our future as well, It's a good move and hopefully in the future Skrtel and Agger can actually form a solid partnership.

I still however believe Carragher is our best defender and whoever says he is losing it is chatting immense piles of bullshit.

I suspect carra could die of old age on the pitch in front of your very eyes and you would spit chips if Rafa subbed him.;)

He spoke to the Echo today - he has more or less signed as far as I am concerned.

"We are close now and of course I would be happy to stay at Liverpool because it is what I’ve been working for for the last few years,” he said.

“I haven’t signed yet but we have agreed some things and we are close.

“Everybody has been in this kind of situation and you know how hard it can be.

“So that has been frustrating but I have kept on working and we are close now.

“It’s important as a player to have the faith of your manager because if you don’t have that then you’re probably not at the right club.”

He spoke to the Echo today - he has more or less signed as far as I am concerned.

It's still a huge embarrassment for the club. Even if they never said he'd actually signed it.

It's still a huge embarrassment for the club. Even if they never said he'd actually signed it.

Any idea why the club decided to announce Kuyt, Gerrard, Agger agreeing to sign, if as you say, they don't say the contratcs has actually been signed?

I'm gonna steer clear of the fact that I think he's generally a bit of a dick as it's his ability that really matters.

I'm relatively pleased that he MIGHT be staying, but only because we're light on quality at CB generally, especially now Sami has gone. I emphasise MIGHT, because as Pete has said he's signed fuck all yet. If I had a pound for every time a player of ours came out saying they were "close" to signing, and then didn't, then I'd have at least four or five pounds in my sky rocket by now!

Daniel Agger is probably the most over rated player I can ever remember playing for us.

So many people bang on about him like he's the new Alan Hansen. All he's shown so far, for me, is that he's the new Half Decent Centre Back. Nothing more.

In fact, I'd actually say he's been a big disappointment for what we paid for such a young defender with such a big reputation.

"He has awesome potential blah blah blah ", I keep hearing.

He's 26 this year! Not being funny, but he should be showing us a hell of a lot more, and a hell of a lot more often, than he has done.

When Jamie Carragher was 26/27 he was embarassing some of the world's greatest players and putting in man of the match performances on an almost weekly basis, and was winning us European Cups.

Verdict: Over hyped half decent centre back.