You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody can make a mistake & I don't think Webb is taking bribes.

My understanding of the laws however is that he can only give a penalty if he is absolutely sure of the decision. The fact that he gave a decision from 35 yards away while he is visibly crouching down to try and get a decent view of what has occurred , and without any help from his assistants , makes this a very suspicious award to me.

But when these mistakes are happening constantly with the same team involved , it needs to be taken up by the League body with the referees bosses.

These referees seem to be a law unto themselves , and even without today's debacle I feel the level of performance by the Premier League refs ths season has been absolutely awful and as far as I can remember barely a single rap or suspension has been handed down to any of them.

The FA need to grow a pair & take the FA Cup final off Webb & review his UEFA credentials ( I believe he is being watched closely by UEFA at the moment anyway after a recent CL game where both teams complained about him - Barca ? )

Refs are now professional and paid a decent wage to do their job correctly. The days where they can stink the place out , crawl home & wait for the affected managers to be charged for telling the truth about them , should be over.

Anybody can make a mistake & I don't think Webb is taking bribes.

My understanding of the laws however is that he can only give a penalty if he is absolutely sure of the decision. The fact that he gave a decision from 35 yards away while he is visibly crouching down to try and get a decent view of what has occurred , and without any help from his assistants , makes this a very suspicious award to me.

But when these mistakes are happening constantly with the same team involved , it needs to be taken up by the League body with the referees bosses.

These referees seem to be a law unto themselves , and even without today's debacle I feel the level of performance by the Premier League refs ths season has been absolutely awful and as far as I can remember barely a single rap or suspension has been handed down to any of them.

The FA need to grow a pair & take the FA Cup final off Webb & review his UEFA credentials ( I believe he is being watched closely by UEFA at the moment anyway after a recent CL game where both teams complained about him - Barca ? )

Refs are now professional and paid a decent wage to do their job correctly. The days where they can stink the place out , crawl home & wait for the affected managers to be charged for telling the truth about them , should be over.

There's a very simple solution to this problem. Video review of all goals, penalties and sending offs. The game has already stopped so the time wasting line is a non-issue. The fact is the authorities won't do it because they believe the drama is part of the spectacle and the result would be a more insipid "product". That of course leaves the door open to exactly the kind of institutional bias that Mr T and catch22 have been banging on about.

Look on the only possible bright side, in a couple of years we will be top and those decisions will be ours.

In the mean time, "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" and if we have to be 10% better than them to win, then well once we cross that threshold it will stand us in good stead.

I thought this was a Liverpool forum, but alas I must have stumbled onto another manc site.

I know everything's relative, but why waste our energy discussing their match, and all things scummyfied......................

Anyways, as you were.

I never watch Man Utd games as it only winds me up. I just look at the result at the end, this way I don't get my hopes up. We know before the season starts, that they will always get decisions for them and that a lot of teams are beaten even before they play at Old Trafford.

So it is up to us to make sure that we win our games and don't have to rely on other teams, as they never do us any favours. This is one of the most frustrating things about this season, we have beaten Man Utd & Chelsea home and away, and yet still won't win the league. As much as I would like to blame corrupt officials and the fact they have some deal with the devil, it was in our own hands and we blew it. Too many draws against the lesser teams has cost us again, and I just hope we sort it next season. The thought of that smug bastard Ferguson is just sickening and I hope Arsenal knock them out of the Champions League at least.

Good old 'arry sent his team out to lose in the second half to help his big mate shit face demento. Webb's been shit for as long as i can remember probably got a nice pat on the back after the game. Scholes is one of the dirtiest players in the prem and always gets away with it, i put him up with fabregay in the snidey cunt stakes. fuck em. Boro, arse , shity city and hull please dont bend over.

'grow up', coming from some soft lad with a Lost quote as his signature. you can fuck off too. As I said when this all dies down, what Webb has done today will never be forgotten by our fans; not some fucking chumps on a forum telling people to calm down and grow up.

As opposed to someone who is blaming a referee for a result where spurs shipped five goals in one half. Nice try, but spurs actually lost because they lost their bottle and united scored five. Are you going to attribute all of those to the referee or are you going to stop being a bell and acknowledge that united are very good at making comebacks.

Oh and it's not a quote from Lost, so that's another fail.

Every time i see it it gets worse and makes me want to puke my balls up through my mouth.

The fucking ball went SIDEWAYS, SIDEWAYS HOWARD! How the fuck could it have gone that way given Carrick was running forward? Fucking woeful, but still not as bad as the one given to Ronaldo when Bolton were at Old Trafford. Unfortunatly this one will be much more significant by the looks of things.