You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Is your gaff in Leeds town centre, Lurtz?

No mate, Pudsey. We made it into a Leeds-list article today which I'm well happy about. Two and a half years of graft feels worth it, getting recognition from those guys. Some of the other bars we're mentioned alongside are absolutely top class, which makes our inclusion all the more satisfying. 

https://leeds-list.com/food-and-drink/the-best-pubs-bars-in-the-suburbs/

The Manor Inn – Pudsey

manor-inn-pudsey-800x450.jpg

Independent, quirky and with a standout selection of drinks – there’s plenty to love about the Manor Inn. Their music-based decor is accompanied by a calendar of live music to keep you entertained. On the taps, they have a marvellous selection of real ales and craft beers, carefully sourced to give you a taste of something different, like Lemondrop from Eyes Brewery and Shoestring from Northern Whisper.

Think my favourite to date is Estrella. 

We serve that on tap. Very popular and a very decent lager. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Bouy:  Dutty is pretty good.

I picked up these bad boys in Prague the other week.  Waiting to the unmentionable a week on Sunday to finally crack one open.

IMG_20180727_174142_zpsqc457ojl.jpg

Tried Salamander (5/10) and currently drinking Misty (6/10). Will crack open Dutty next.

It's a bit shit that they send non-alcoholic beers in the collection though. 

Wild Bill IPA if you're in Aldi £1.19 for a 500ml bottle. Lovely stuff.

Will pick this up next time. 

Aldi seems better than Lidl for beers.

What was the name of that one that was made with mayan water from the Peruvian mountains or something? Can't remember the name of it, think it began with C.

Found it, not had it for a couple of years, can somebody let me know if they spot it in the wild so I can get some? 001026a1c93f02507de1849eae17fb86.jpg26a7de3c30dbe3b21b7fed71504f8554.jpg

Ordered from that Beer 52. Delivery took about 3 days but came home to the collection tonight. Threw it in the freezer so reviews to follow shortly.

BBQ corn snacks are shite. 0040e94bfb55c5981d0d5ec1728eee3b.jpg9cab9f57a3548fc8860d39f7e4a2c32d.jpg2dc59ef2f90ecbba002eeef1a20d4a7a.jpg

Aren't they meant be a cunt to cancel?

£24 a month for that would be extortion.

Aren't they meant be a cunt to cancel?

£24 a month for that would be extortion.

I've already emailed to cancel. Going to keep chasing it up all next week - got until 24th before I get billed. 

£2.95 for the above isn't too bad but £3 per beer is a bit shit. 

I've already emailed to cancel. Going to keep chasing it up all next week - got until 24th before I get billed.

I've cancelled and rejoined about 4 times. Just call them, they might throw in another offer for more beer. You're right about those corns snacks, they're terrible. And like you I sling the wanky magazine right in the bin

Yeah, I did one of them and it said you had to phone up to cancel it - obviously so that they can persuade to stay i.e. let you have it for £18 a month or something.  Keep mithering via email, tell them you are deaf!

Yeah the welcome deal is a great offer but as a regular thing it's a complete rip off.

I've cancelled and rejoined about 4 times. Just call them, they might throw in another offer for more beer. You're right about those corns snacks, they're terrible. And like you I sling the wanky magazine right in the bin

Yeah, I did one of them and it said you had to phone up to cancel it - obviously so that they can persuade to stay i.e. let you have it for £18 a month or something.  Keep mithering via email, tell them you are deaf!

They have a few other ways to cancel inc. a live chat. 

I'd just prefer if it was £5 a month or something and you could choose your 8 bottles/cans. Dutty isn't too shabbly, 7/10 this one. 

They have a few other ways to cancel inc. a live chat. 

I'd just prefer if it was £5 a month or something and you could choose your 8 bottles/cans. Dutty isn't too shabbly, 7/10 this one. 

Must've changed it since I last did it.  Yeah, got to admit it is a bit of a rip off, bet loads of thick hipsters are snared by it though.