You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manc cunts at the Old Toilet thread

He probably should be on the bench in fairness, if only because we are a midfielder down if Xabi doesn't play. We'll have two left backs on the bench, when surely it would make more sense to have Spearing there? Rafa will say he has Aurelio and Gerrard who can go in there if Masch or Lucas were to get injured, and that Spearing doesn't have the experience.

Lay off Lucas though Phlly, if he plays today and has a blinder you'll look pretty stupid with comments like that one.

Its lose lose with Lucas comments, I'm not going to gain any high five points if he puts in a shit performance. Not that I care, I think he is shit and I'm gutted every time he comes on or plays.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its lose lose with Lucas comments, I'm not going to gain any high five points if he puts in a shit performance. Not that I care, I think he is shit and I'm gutted every time he comes on or plays.

Manc fans used to say that about Fletcher and he's developped into a decent player.

He's just a kid. It's Rafa who chooses to play him. He always looks like he's trying and he'd be a better player with a bit of confidence. Whether you want him there or not just get behind the lad.

Manc fans used to say that about Fletcher and he's developped into a decent player.

He's just a kid. It's Rafa who chooses to play him. He always looks like he's trying and he'd be a better player with a bit of confidence. Whether you want him there or not just get behind the lad.

didn't pay 6m for him, Spearing is better than Lucas in every way.

I was really positive this week about this game until I heard the news that Lucas is replacing Xabi today.

This is why people are so fucked off with Rafa. Why start with someone that has continually fucked up and put in lame performance after lame performance?

Jay would fucking thrive on the atmos today and put in a blinder, but at most of us know, he'll never be given a chance.

So sad.

I don't know if he's definitely out, but it appears likely.

I have been really optimistic all week about this match, but if I dont see Alonso in the starting line up I have a feeling this will swiftly change as he links up so well with Gerrard compared to our other midfielders.

Lucas-Mascherano is a dreadful combination and Lucas has his habit to give away cheap silly free kicks and thats not something we need against the mancs who are deadly on set pieces.

And who's fault is that?

Different argument.

Maybe he should have played a bit more, but he hasn't, so the fact that he isn't starting today shouldn't be a surprise.

Therefore whining like a woman that Rafa isn't playing him today is stupid. Its just whining for the sake of it.

Different argument.

Maybe he should have played a bit more, but he hasn't, so the fact that he isn't starting today shouldn't be a surprise.

Therefore whining like a woman that Rafa isn't playing him today is stupid. Its just whining for the sake of it.

I'm whining like a woman because Lucas has become our only option when something happens to Xabi. That's Rafa's fault for still sticking with him and not trying anyone else. He has proved time and again that he's a fucking liability.

As Rafa would say, this is fact.

It started before that mate, don't you remember how out of hand it was getting when they had Fat Ron from the Swan in charge? Amonia attacks, golf balls with nails in, darts etc? The FA Cup semi at Goodison was carnage.

I'd say it started when Docherty was in charge, I remember my dad absolutely despised them and being happy as fuck when Arsenal beat them in cup final in '79. A lot of it was down to the media being obsessed with them and ignoring our achievements.

God yeah I do remember that. Terrible. That and Elland Road were really bad places to go.

I'm whining like a woman because Lucas has become our only option when something happens to Xabi. That's Rafa's fault for still sticking with him and not trying anyone else. He has proved time and again that he's a fucking liability.

As Rafa would say, this is fact.

Fair enough. Just smacks of any excuse to have a dig to me, given Spearing was never going to start today (nor should he really).

I wouldn't worry about him getting sent off, it's only happened once and was VERY harsh IMO. Now giving away the odd free-kick, he does have form for that. What I'm worried about is that he'll just sit there and play the sideways passes and not make the late runs, not spread the play, not try the through balls that he can do but for some reason does all too little. He gets a lot of criticism, most of it BS IMO, but Vickery the South American correspondent mentioned him once and said his problem since he joined us has been "timidity" and to me that's it in a nutshell on occasions he's been so timid as to be a bystander. It's time to shit or get off the pot.

:yes:

Can we dispense with the Lucas/Spearing bullshit please? Lucas is no more guaranteed to have a mare than Spearing is to play a blinder. Jay Spearing isn't suddenly this wonder player who would have taken the world by storm if only nasty Rafa hasn't been dragging him down. He's a 20 year old promising footballer who - arguably - should have played more first team football this season (certainly at the expense of Plessis).

Lucas has played very well in the past, there's no reason, with the support of the crowd, that he can't do again.

Can we dispense with the Lucas/Spearing bullshit please? Lucas is no more guaranteed to have a mare than Spearing is to play a blinder. Jay Spearing isn't suddenly this wonder player who would have taken the world by storm if only nasty Rafa hasn't been dragging him down. He's a 20 year old promising footballer who - arguably - should have played more first team football this season (certainly at the expense of Plessis).

Lucas has played very well in the past, there's no reason, with the support of the crowd, that he can't do again.

There are no arguments about it, he should've played more first team football. I'd rather Aurelio play center midfield than Lucas, and I hope thats the case today if Alonso is injured.