You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone having trouble getting on here today?

dave u

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like its working again from home as well now, at least for me anyway. :thumbsup:

Its working but its unstable, I keep getting cant find server messages all the time when I try to quote, go to another page etc, post something etc.

But have always managed to get back on.

Just thought I should give a report on it in case its of any help.

I got the following error about 10 mins ago.

Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

Open the The Liverpool Way Website home page, then try to open another page.

Click the Back button to try another link.

The The Liverpool Way Website forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Vista and IE7. Site doesn't load, happens several times a day. Got XP at work, same there. Site can't be found it says. Or something like that. Pretty muvh the samr message I get when I don't have a line at all.

I've tried logging on several times from work today, and this is my first successful attempt. I've got IE6 here, and am getting a slightly different error message (a "could not reach the DNS somethingsomething"). The message I get at home is, as I said, just a general "check your network connection etc" like one normally get when there's no line at all.

The transfer of the domain has been a joke. The company responsible for it are taking the fucking piss, claiming they hadn't received the request (even though they'd opened up a support ticket claiming it was in progress). I know for a fact they received the info they needed, but it's been sent again anyway just to pacify them, but I'm still waiting for them to sort it.

There is nothing to indicate this is a browser/os problem.

I use Windows 7 and Opera 10 and have had almost no problems, it's about what times you try to access the site.

Not sure about that, I have tried all sorts of times from home and have not been able to get on at all the last week apart from a couple of hours a few days ago.

From my job laptop I get on every time as long as I`m logged on to the secure server/network or whatever it is called, if I try without logging on from the same laptop without going through the secure server I cant get on.

Not sure about that, I have tried all sorts of times from home and have not been able to get on at all the last week apart from a couple of hours a few days ago.

From my job laptop I get on every time as long as I`m logged on to the secure server/network or whatever it is called, if I try without logging on from the same laptop without going through the secure server I cant get on.

It is nothing to do with the time you try to access the site.

The nameserver issue is now fixed, so everything is fine at this end now.

Yup, looks fine now.

dhcp1k67:~ bogus$ whois liverpoolway.co.uk

Domain name:

liverpoolway.co.uk

Registrant:

The Liverpool Way Fanzine

Registrant type:

UK Sole Trader

Registrar:

Dataflame Internet Services Ltd [Tag = DATAFLAME]

URL: UK Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Virtual Private Servers, Domain Hosting, Business Website Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dataflame

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 02-Jan-2001

Renewal date: 02-Jan-2011

Last updated: 12-Feb-2009

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns1.liverpoolway.com

ns2.liverpoolway.com

WHOIS lookup made at 11:31:11 12-Feb-2009