You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone having trouble getting on here today?

dave u

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you elaborate on why you think this is an os/browser problem?

I didn't say it was an OS/Browser problem. You said it was about what times he tried to access the site, I said that was not the problem.

That sounded alot like you said I said stuff. All I meant was it was serverside, so nothing to do with the time you tried to access the site.

I didn't say it was an OS/Browser problem. You said it was about what times he tried to access the site, I said that was not the problem.

That sounded alot like you said I said stuff. All I meant was it was serverside, so nothing to do with the time you tried to access the site.

I think you misunderstood what I said. You just made my point.

Not for me, could get on for a couple of hours yesterday, but then the same problem started again.

Is it fixed for anyone else now or what? :|

Have you done that thing Leeson mentioned? I don't use windows, so I haven't a clue what he was on about, but if you use windows then maybe give it a try?

I'm pretty sure everything is in order at this end now.

Have you done that thing Leeson mentioned? I don't use windows, so I haven't a clue what he was on about, but if you use windows then maybe give it a try?

I'm pretty sure everything is in order at this end now.

The service pack 7 thing?

No I have not done that, mainly because I cant get past an update which asks me for a CD to office and I dont have office.

But I`ll see what I can find out during the weekend, I`ll just have to bring my job laptop with me back home and I`m sorted anyway.

I just wondered since it worked from around 4 to 6 yesterday if anything had happened?

Thanks anyway.

those of you on windows will need to download service pack 7. that should fix it

Service pack 7 for what?

That thing Leeson said is top notch advice. I did it and now my PC runs 17.3% faster than it did previously.

Flush your DNS you crazy tehnophobes.

For those of you that don't know how to do that-

Click on start.

Click on Run.

Type Cmd and click ok.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns"

I haven't been able to get on here most of the day. I could get on via my phone, but not the laptop. I also couldn't access the site through ssh unless I used the ip instead of the domain, and my email account isn't working either.

In my server control panel (whm) the name server settings seem to be correct, and in the domain control panel with the registrar they are pointed to the correct name servers.

However, looking at this page,

http://pingability.com/zoneinfo.jsp?domain=liverpoolway.co.uk#a33461339

it's showing liverhost.com as the primary name server, which it should not be as that has been changed to liverpoolway.com now. Also, it's showing an error on the secondary name server.

In addition, I received this email:

"The hostname (tlw.liverpoolway.com) resolves to . It should resolve to 72.232.233.42. Please be sure to correct /etc/hosts as well as the 'A' entry in zone file for the domain.

Some are all of these problems can be caused by /etc/resolv.conf being setup incorrectly. Please check this file if you believe everything else is correct.

You may be able to automatically correct this problem by using the ' Add an A entry for your hostname ' under ' Dns Functions ' in your Web Host Manager"

I've updated the etc/hosts file and when I checked the etc/resolve.conf everything seemed to be in order. I did the 'add an A entry' in WHM yesterday.

Any idea what's going wrong, as I'm completely stumped now?

I haven't been able to get on here most of the day. I could get on via my phone, but not the laptop. I also couldn't access the site through ssh unless I used the ip instead of the domain, and my email account isn't working either.

In my server control panel (whm) the name server settings seem to be correct, and in the domain control panel with the registrar they are pointed to the correct name servers.

However, looking at this page,

http://pingability.com/zoneinfo.jsp?domain=liverpoolway.co.uk#a33461339

it's showing liverhost.com as the primary name server, which it should not be as that has been changed to liverpoolway.com now. Also, it's showing an error on the secondary name server.

In addition, I received this email:

"The hostname (tlw.liverpoolway.com) resolves to . It should resolve to 72.232.233.42. Please be sure to correct /etc/hosts as well as the 'A' entry in zone file for the domain.

Some are all of these problems can be caused by /etc/resolv.conf being setup incorrectly. Please check this file if you believe everything else is correct.

You may be able to automatically correct this problem by using the ' Add an A entry for your hostname ' under ' Dns Functions ' in your Web Host Manager"

I've updated the etc/hosts file and when I checked the etc/resolve.conf everything seemed to be in order. I did the 'add an A entry' in WHM yesterday.

Any idea what's going wrong, as I'm completely stumped now?

Looks ok to me, seems to me that pingability website is using cached old dns data.

boguss-macbook-pro:~ bogus$ whois liverpoolway.co.uk

Domain name:

liverpoolway.co.uk

Registrant:

The Liverpool Way Fanzine

Registrant type:

UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:

1 Albany Road, Walton

Liverpool

L9 0EY

GB

Registrar:

Dataflame Internet Services Ltd [Tag = DATAFLAME]

URL: http://www.dataflame.co.uk

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 02-Jan-2001

Renewal date: 02-Jan-2011

Last updated: 16-Feb-2009

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns1.liverpoolway.com

ns2.liverpoolway.com

WHOIS lookup made at 19:42:26 16-Feb-2009

--

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry

for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2009.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted

by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois, which

includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its

repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing

or hiding any or all of this notice and © exceeding query rate or volume

limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the

register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

Looks ok to me, seems to me that pingability website is using cached old dns data.

boguss-macbook-pro:~ bogus$ whois liverpoolway.co.uk

Domain name:

liverpoolway.co.uk

Registrant:

The Liverpool Way Fanzine

Registrant type:

UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:

1 Albany Road, Walton

Liverpool

L9 0EY

GB

Registrar:

Dataflame Internet Services Ltd [Tag = DATAFLAME]

URL: http://www.dataflame.co.uk

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 02-Jan-2001

Renewal date: 02-Jan-2011

Last updated: 16-Feb-2009

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns1.liverpoolway.com

ns2.liverpoolway.com

WHOIS lookup made at 19:42:26 16-Feb-2009

--

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry

for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2009.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted

by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois, which

includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its

repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing

or hiding any or all of this notice and © exceeding query rate or volume

limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the

register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.