You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reports linking Keane with City.

Xherdan

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul of TLW has been banging that drum for ages.

It would be worth a shot but in which game? Not really the time to start experimenting, I feel.

When is the time? When we're struggling to score goals?

As someone said earlier, Gerrard/Torres IS the best partnership but there's nothing to say that Keane/Torres can't be as good, if not better. particularly when there is good service from both wings. That formation is solid, and has got bags of goals in it.

Anyone got Rafa's number? I need to have a word.

Crouch started our 3 worst perfomances of the season. That doesn't suggest he should have played more.

Torres is better than him.

Torres works best on his own.

Crouch was not treated badly nor has he ever claimed to have been.

Good luck to the big man, a true Red.

Why do you look at the worst performances? Kuyt has started some of our worst performances and shown himself some of the worst performances of any player along with a few others - he still gets games and starts as many as Torres. My point is that treatment of players needs to be fair otherwise its not only that player who gets disgruntled, his mates in the squad will too and it sets a bad example. Last year Crouch was dropped out of squads for the dire Voronin, what example did that set?

kuyt is rarely the best player on the pitch but in all the games he's been here he's never been close to the worst player on the pitch. solid and dependable but also uninspirational.

I'd dispute that mate, Kuyt had some terrible games last season. Not saying he is an awful player but it seems some players can get away with bad performances and others get dropped after scoring goals.

No. But he usually is. Anyway, this is about Keane. City, Newcastle, Spurs. I'm not sure he's going anywhere.

Whether that's true or not, what you read on here post-match isn't usually a fair reflection of what he's done.

Some people like him, some don't and its just about who can shout loudest.

Could a deal be sorted, and a replacement brought in in this amount of time? Parry is still our chief executive remember.

Personally, I'd rather he stayed til the end of the season and Rafa gives him a chance, not one or two games in which he is subbed off all the time after playing out of position.

I don't think anyone knows exactly what Rafa was thinking, the only thing I can think of is that he wanted him to play where Gerrard was playing last seasons, perhaps a little further forward. But Keane is a striker, I've never bought him as a creative player either, he can create but probably about as much or less than Torres would, and you wouldn't play Torres back there. He was never worth 20m either even if we bought him to play right alongside Torres in a 442, and he does miss his fair share of chances. I really doubt we were going to 442, or we would've made some signings to the wings first, there is no way Kuyt or Benanoon were going to be regulars on the right in a 442, and as far as I can see Rafa is never going to stick Babel on the right bar a few cameos there in meaningless games. So, the only thing I can think of is him playing in Gerrards position behind Torres, which was just a really stupid fucking decision.

He can go if we get the money back, anything less than that the mother of all boardroom bust ups is on. I can't see spurs giving 10m back or anybody paying 20m.

Buying Keane was a strange one as he does not fit into the system Rafa likes, and if he wanted to play 442 with Keane and Torres up front, why not buy SWP as the board offered him the funds to conclude this deal.

Strange one. Although if Keane sits tight it might be rafa gone in the summer.

Spurs dont have to pay us £10m. All the parties have to agree to is;

spurs say no need to pay them the outstanding £10m, they pay us anything between £1m and £5m. This would mean keane cost us £5m for the season.

I dont think he'd be allowed to leave this window. It will be the summer imo.

It was a lunatic decision. Gerrard/Torres was/is our modern day Dalglish/Rush. Absolutely absurd to even contemplate breaking that axis up. There is no player in the world who could do it IMO.

Rafa needs to be told to do a deal with Bayern for £20m & Kuyt for Ribery. Fuck Keane anb Babel off to raise the funds. We'll be laughing. We'll have balance and we'd have a system that suits our best players.

We had it towards the end of last season. Why even think about changing it. It really really really makes no sense at all.

Who could we realistically get in the time available?

With Rick Parry doing the talking....

Monday 1st: Hello, this is Rick Parry. Just calling to say I'll be calling you next Monday.

Monday 8th: Hi, it's Rick again. Does David Villa play for you?

The Garden Centre you say?

Have you got Valencia's number by any chance?

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Wednes 10th: Hello, 118118. Have you got the number for Valencia F.C. in Spain?

Thanks.

Friday 12th: Hello is this Valencia?

English?

I not Speaka tha Spanishio.

I'll send an Emailio.

Monday 15th: *Translates following Email using Babelfish*

Dear Valencia,

Can we have David Valencia for 10m shiny pounds please.

All my Love Rick Parry

Wednes 24th: *Receives Reply roughly translated as...*

Fuck off

Monday 29th: Sorry Rafa, no Villa I'm afraid. How do you fancy Saha.

It was a lunatic decision. Gerrard/Torres was/is our modern day Dalglish/Rush. Absolutely absurd to even contemplate breaking that axis up. There is no player in the world who could do it IMO.

Rafa needs to be told to do a deal with Bayern for £20m & Kuyt for Ribery. Fuck Keane anb Babel off to raise the funds. We'll be laughing. We'll have balance and we'd have a system that suits our best players.

We had it towards the end of last season. Why even think about changing it. It really really really makes no sense at all.

Would Bayern really take Kuyt? They'd probably just ask for the 20m, or we could offer Babel alongside it, I think Babel still had a lot of potential and is still likely to be rated.

Would Bayern really take Kuyt? They'd probably just ask for the 20m, or we could offer Babel alongside it, I think Babel still had a lot of potential and is still likely to be rated.

There were reports that Bayern and Hamburg were interested in him. Could be bollocks though. £20m + Babel would work also. In fact i'd sell all three and pay them cash straight up. I think we'd need to bid £30m or so for him but IMO he's be worth every fucking penny. Someobody who like Torres would fucking fit into our system and also be a world beater.

There were reports that Bayern and Hamburg were interested in him. Could be bollocks though. £20m + Babel would work also. In fact i'd sell all three and pay them cash straight up. I think we'd need to bid £30m or so for him but IMO he's be worth every fucking penny. Someobody who like Torres would fucking fit into our system and also be a world beater.

Would Parry sanction the deal though.

he certainly would appear to be the missing link but I believe Bayern have recently valued him at 140 million or something equally ridiculous.

I would fly to liverpool and personally assist in the packing of keane's, kuyt's and babel's bags for a straight swap though.

(would later have second thoughts about letting babel go but just cross my fingers and hope that he never lives up to his promise)

I agree with you, but Rafa isn't going to sell Kuyt any time soon and if he was going to spunk 20m on Ribery it would've been in the summer. I'm not sure we should be giving Rafa 20m to spend in this transfer window, and big deals like this very rarely come off because of Europe. Its a nice idea, but it isn't going to happen for many reasons. Love to see him here though.

Would be a dream signing, dream on .. :whistle: