Quantcast
Peter Beardsley - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Peter Beardsley

It's always good to randomly start threads about ex players.

Especially as in this case a player who's often forgotten but who was blindingly fucking brilliant.

Peter Beardsley.

[YOUTUBE]ZvaZmQrDc4g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9YzkPyUczsU[/YOUTUBE]

P.S. You had to be in the Kop when he belted that goal in against Everton, apart from Rushy's "last" against Watford it was the maddest celebration ever. Just for that he's a fucking legend.

I loved Beardsley, he was a top bloke as well as a fantastic footballer.

Always made me laugh how Ferguson was considered some kind of visionary for having Cantona in that role between midfield and attack, when in actual fact he'd modelled his side on Dalglish's Liverpool team with Beardsley in that position.

Beardsley Barnes and Aldo, later Rush, were just supreme.

He was in one of my local pubs, here in Estonia, a while back. My Geordie mate met him and had a chat. Apparently a very nice, quiet guy. I was away on holiday, alas...

He was in one of my local pubs, here in Estonia, a while back. My Geordie mate met him and had a chat. Apparently a very nice, quiet guy. I was away on holiday, alas...

He was in Illegaard? That's crazy. Whodathunkit?

He was in Illegaard? That's crazy. Whodathunkit?

No, Pussirohukelder - the gunpowder cellar place with the high ceiling. I was miffed to miss out on a meeting with one of my childhood heroes, needless to say...

No, Pussirohukelder - the gunpowder cellar place with the high ceiling. I was miffed to miss out on a meeting with one of my childhood heroes, needless to say...

Oh right! Annu took me there after the Atleti match, I think.

He's a right twat, he used to turn up for a kick around in the school playing field when he was at Newcastle and play the same way, no one could get near him.

The man was a fuckin genius. One of the best players to wear a red shirt. Souness should be strung up for that fuck up alone. It broke my heart seeing him in a blue shirt and sitting in the upper park end watch him pick the ball up and slot a shot under mike hoopers hand to win them the derby.

Apols in advance for the bump and this nothing to do with Peter Beardsley, but...

I'm looking to make contact with Josef Svejk and Unrighteous in this thread who were mentioning bars visited by Reds in Tartu, Estonia.

I work there one week a month and I've been watching games on my own in Ristiisa for the last year or so. I now find you're mostly hiding in Illegaard practically underneath the apartment I stay in. I saw the ManU game with some Reds yesterday, hope to meet up with you guys in the future (Unrighteous, are you also connected to Taiwan, I was in Kaoshiung for the last 6 weeks and watched LFC on my own there too! Hope to meet more next time I'm there).

BTW - I run the Madrid Reds, so if anyone reading this is heading our way, please get in touch.

*bump

Newcastle Under-23s coach Peter Beardsley will take a period of leave while the club investigates allegations of racism and bullying made against him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42627051

Second time this has happened with him over bullying. Last time I'm sure it had something to do with Terry Mac's lad.

Not a particularly nice gentleman by all accounts.

Imagine being the stupid cunt who started this thread.

• Upvote 1