You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The general aspect of researching can be described as looking for information, and if you continue to gain skill you also understand how to approach and carry out that research in a more systematic and better way. It can also be called your "style", or your "method" of research.

Yeah, I think that's gobbledygook. Though, I look forward to seeing the book when it's finished. Getting g the first one out of the way is a toughie. I'll be sure to look through it after it's published.

The big problem as I see it, RP, is that instead of starting off from a neutral perspective and seeing what the evidence supports, you're usually looking for the conspiracy from the off, and ignoring or downgrading anything that doesn't support it.

A genuine seeker of truth starts off with no preconceptions, which is why the term "conspiracy theorist" tends to be a pejorative one.

Yes, I get that. You can't learn properly if you have bias from the off. I do actually start with a neutral perspective, but clearly when looking at certain subjects it becomes clear that yes, there might be conspiracies.

46% of Americans think that Tower 7 was a controlled explosion (after being shown video footage).

46% of Americans didn't know that a third tower had collapsed.

I totally believe that there was a conspiracy, or at least that the American special forces/intelligence were complicit, but you'll never proove it on the internet.

I get frustrated when people dismiss any theory out of hand. People do like to believe the world is flat and they don't want anthing to alter their world view, so they just blindly follow what they hear. But fuck it, it's sunny, I'm off work and I'm near a beach. Have a good day all y'all!

The Authorities actually admitted to 'pulling building 7' on live TV either late on the day, or a day or two later. I watched it unfold. It was on Larry King.

So we know it was controlled demolition. The argument really, is how could they set it up so quickly?

Yeah, I think that's gobbledygook. Though, I look forward to seeing the book when it's finished. Getting g the first one out of the way is a toughie. I'll be sure to look through it after it's published.

Fair enough, hopefully I can surprise you a little by writing something that you don't think is all gobbledygook. I'm sure you'll think parts of it are, but hopefully not all of it.

The Authorities actually admitted to 'pulling building 7' on live TV either late on the day, or a day or two later. I watched it unfold. It was on Larry King.

So we know it was controlled demolition. The argument really, is how could they set it up so quickly?

Massive amount of extrapolation in that post.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

One day, a tadpole grew legs and crawled out of the pond, evolution done happened, and therefore Bush bombed Manhattan.

Thought you were going to pull me up on "Larry King". Amazing how that slipped through.

I knew it was Larry somebody - it must be that Silverstein ( owner of building 7 ) even looks like King that messed up my memory.

Thought you were going to pull me up on "Larry King". Amazing how that slipped through.

I knew it was Larry somebody - it must be that Silverstein ( owner of building 7 ) even looks like King that messed up my memory.

"> " width="550" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

Given the rest of the posts in this thread and their relationship with facts and fact checking it seemed trivial.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

46% of Americans think that Tower 7 was a controlled explosion (after being shown video footage).

46% of Americans didn't know that a third tower had collapsed.

I totally believe that there was a conspiracy, or at least that the American special forces/intelligence were complicit, but you'll never proove it on the internet. 

I get frustrated when people dismiss any theory out of hand. People do like to believe the world is flat and they don't want anthing to alter their world view, so they just blindly follow what they hear. But fuck it, it's sunny, I'm off work and I'm near a beach. Have a good day all y'all!

I've got to say, this post has been bugging me a little bit. Firstly, why did you list what 46% of Americans think? What is that supposed to prove/indicate/imply? Which video footage are you referring to? Secondly, what do you mean that you won't prove it on the internet? Why the internet? Can't you prove it somewhere else? Thirdly, people dismiss it out of hand because it's ridiculous and has already been answered many times. Finally, I can't believe you've had the temerity to suggest it's other people who are flat-earthers and don't want their world view altered, straight after talking about American special forces and/or Intelligence agencies being involved without a single shred of evidence. What's your game here. There's a comprehensive explanation about WTC7, surely you're familiar with it?

I've got to say, this post has been bugging me a little bit. Firstly, why did you list what 46% of Americans think? What is that supposed to prove/indicate/imply? Which video footage are you referring to? Secondly, what do you mean that you won't prove it on the internet? Why the internet? Can't you prove it somewhere else? Thirdly, people dismiss it out of hand because it's ridiculous and has already been answered many times. Finally, I can't believe you've had the temerity to suggest it's other people who are flat-earthers and don't want their world view altered, straight after talking about American special forces and/or Intelligence agencies being involved without a single shred of evidence. What's your game here. There's a comprehensive explanation about WTC7, surely you're familiar with it?

Because I happened to stumble across two statistics that both had a figure of 46%. It is not supposed to prove/indicate or imply anything in particular. I suppose I read into it that the general awareness of the public around this issue means that actually exposing the truth would be difficult. 

I mean that on a forum like this, we will not be able to prove a conspiracy, cover-up or collusion on 9/11. I do think it would be possible to prove it somewhere else, yes.

You consider it ridiculous, some other people don't. As much as it doesn't suit your argument, they are not all mentalists.

I have temerity do I? People do want to believe that the world is a safe, fair and logical place. They don't want to believe that the powers that be ccould be responsible for such attrocities. In much the same way David Icke was ridiculed for years for saying that the paedo ring existed, in much the sme way that people had a go at the HJC because there is no way the police would cover up such an events.

What's my game? These days probably chess, although I was a decent footballer back in the day.

Yes I am familiar with the official version of events. 

Do you always try and win arguiments by boring the fucking pants off people?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No, I try to win arguments with logic and science rather than scaremongering and conjecture. Though, I can see why those things would bore somebody of your persuasion.

So I take it you refute the NIST report? I'd love to see the proof you talk about, though; bring the elsewhere to the internets.