You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garth Crooks is a cock end

Lurtz

He included two of our players and had two others on the bench to choose from if you disagree with him, nothing to see here unless you really are looking for it.

Well I've already negged you for your attempt at rating our players so you can be quiet.

Redderz mate, you missed the words "humoungous or Gigantic" out of the title.

Very true, I'll make sure I include one of those adjectives when referring to the enormous* the twat in future.

* see?

It is embarassing watching him. Everything he says is either blatantly obvious to anyone or complete and utter drivel, yet he tries to make it sound as if he has unearthed a vast storehouse of cosmic footballing knowledge. he always speaks down to his colleagues as if they are kids who know nothing aswell. If you watch football focus you can see all the other pundits thinking what an utter gobshite he is. if i ever see him i will find it hard not to punch him repeatedly. fucking bog eyed goblin.

I often wonder if the people who put these "teams of the week" together actually watch all the games in full beforehand. Looking at Crooks' team, I'm guessing he watched 3 of them - and wasn't paying attention to at least one of those. What's particularly impressive, though, is being able to come up with the "team of the week" before all the weekend's fixtures have been completed. Garth obviously just knows that no player from Spurs or Villa is going to put on a top performance tonight.

It is embarassing watching him. Everything he says is either blatantly obvious to anyone or complete and utter drivel, yet he tries to make it sound as if he has unearthed a vast storehouse of cosmic footballing knowledge. he always speaks down to his colleagues as if they are kids who know nothing aswell. If you watch football focus you can see all the other pundits thinking what an utter gobshite he is. if i ever see him i will find it hard not to punch him repeatedly. fucking bog eyed goblin.

Garth Crooks even makes Gavin Peacock seem like a sound bloke....err

He's absurd. Do you remember when he tried to make a name for himself as a 'deep' interviewer? He would just ask banal questions with long 'meaningful' pauses all the way through (e.g. 'So, this match...this important match...coming up very soon...does it...excite you...and...if so...arguably even more pertinently...do you think you can...win it?'). Berk!

He's absurd. Do you remember when he tried to make a name for himself as a 'deep' interviewer? He would just ask banal questions with long 'meaningful' pauses all the way through (e.g. 'So, this match...this important match...coming up very soon...does it...excite you...and...if so...arguably even more pertinently...do you think you can...win it?'). Berk!

I can only assume you've (wisely) decided to avoid his appearances recently because nothing has changed. I even found myself warming to Lee Dixon the other week for fixing Crooks with a stare of open contempt, as he launched into yet another ridiculous compound sentence in response to Stubbs asking him something like, "So Garth, can Spurs win this one?"

His missus must be a happy girl; I swear the cunt can breathe through his ears.

Can't forget him shoving a microphone under Erikson's nose after Englands 0-0 draw with Nigeria in the World Cup & exclaiming ' Great news Sven this means we have qualified for the group stages' Sven gave him a look of absolute contempt , said ' Yes I am well aware of that Garth & walks off '

Don't like Crooks as a pundit but he regularly features our players in that team of the week thing so this smells a bit like paranoia to me.

Er......really?

I think not.

Fucking hell - did anyone see him on Final Score before? Utter cunt. Rafa was asked one question about the disallowed goal in his post match interview and he said it should have been a goal and made the game worse. Cut back to the studio and Crooks is asked if it was a goal or not. Cue a huge rant from him about Rafa making excuses and should have won, and that it was the "performance of the day" from Stoke. Well Garth, you thick as pigshit nobody:

A) He was asked a question about the goal and answered it;

B) Why can't you do the same and tell us whether it was offside or not

Actually, scratch that. I couldn't give a fuck what he thinks the twat. I don't like the fact that the BBC hands over MY fucking cash to him for his know nothing "analysis". Fuck off back down whatever hole you came from you utter, utter bell.

Oh, and one last thing. Pundits (and not just Garthy here) always complain about boring 0-0 draws between teams. And yet they then come out and say that performances like Stoke's today are brilliant. You can't have it both ways guys. You're just encouraging this type of football.