You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which player would you prefer us to sign?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you prefer us to sign?

Villa is the real deal, he could play anywhere in the front 4 positions for us, he's pure class and as we saw the other night he can play very well with Torres.

Ribery in my opinion is a good player, but is definitely over rated, he flatters to decieve at times.

Guest TK-421
That is as ridiculous as saying Cristiano Ronaldo is basically playing for the English equivalent of Rangers or Celtic.

Comparing the SPL to the Bundesliga is really that stupid.

Thanks for your kind comment.

I think our league is a cut above the Bundesliga. Went I went to see Hertha Berlin I was amazed at how much time and space the players were allowed.

Thanks for your kind comment.

I think our league is a cut above the Bundesliga. Went I went to see Hertha Berlin I was amazed at how much time and space the players were allowed.

A pleasure.

And yes, the Premiership is a cut above the German league, but having watched a lot of both German and, unfortunately, Scottish football over the last couple of years, and the Bundesliga is miles ahead of the SPL. I think you can probably take 4-6 places from any German team and they'll be about that level in England. No Scottish team other than Rangers or Celtic would be able to compete at all in the Premiership.

But the point was really, that Bayern have won 9 Bundesligas in the same time as Man Utd have picked up 10 Premier league titles. It's depressing, but from the outside of England Man Utd are every bit as dominent as Bayern.

I really like the look of Ribery, not his face obviously, he look's like a player that can get down and dirty, plenty of bite. He's in an elite bracket at the moment though and if he was available he would have his choice of anybody, he'd never sign for us.

Again, it all comes down to the money issue...the money we don't have. I reckon if we could afford him we would definitely be in with a fighting chance of signing him or anyone else for that matter.

Guest TK-421
A pleasure.

And yes, the Premiership is a cut above the German league, but having watched a lot of both German and, unfortunately, Scottish football over the last couple of years, and the Bundesliga is miles ahead of the SPL. I think you can probably take 4-6 places from any German team and they'll be about that level in England. No Scottish team other than Rangers or Celtic would be able to compete at all in the Premiership.

But the point was really, that Bayern have won 9 Bundesligas in the same time as Man Utd have picked up 10 Premier league titles. It's depressing, but from the outside of England Man Utd are every bit as dominent as Bayern.

Well I can accept that the Bundesliga is better than the Scottish league, all I was saying is that Villa has proved himself at a higher level in my opinion, but I guess he is older than Ribery.

villa will be the perfect partner for torres, ribery isn't all that or he would have come to the prem instead of bayern

Unless he's a shithouse who wants more experience before being thown into the lions den of the prem. Think he'd hack it though, he seemed to me to have the most impact of any of the french team last night.

ribery isn't all that or he would have come to the prem instead of bayern

Unless he's a shithouse who wants more experience before being thown into the lions den of the prem. Think he'd hack it though, he seemed to me to have the most impact of any of the french team last night.

RESPEC DUE, NUFF SAID Ribery is pure class n knows a top european club when he sees one.im betting he'd love to get his ass on over to liverpool right now.BRING HIM ON.