You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which player would you prefer us to sign?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you prefer us to sign?

Villa. I like Ribery. But Villa would fit the bill perfectly. Link up is great, can play off the striker, can play alongside Torres, can play the lone striker role. Great set pieces, good penalty taker, not bad in the air, has said before he wants to come here, superb finisher.

Guest TK-421

I would go with David Villa but would be happy with either really if we can sign that standard of player, I think David Villa is more consistent and would offer us more options. David Villa's goal scoring record is superb going right back to his Sporting Gijon days.

Guest TK-421

Also David Villa has done it for a struggling Valencia side whereas Ribery is basically playing for the German equivalent of Rangers or Celtic.

I would go with David Villa but would be happy with either really if we can sign that standard of player, I think David Villa is more consistent and would offer us more options. David Villa's goal scoring record is superb going right back to his Sporting Gijon days.

I agree with most of that. The versatility that we would have if Villa is brought in is why I voted for him. I think he would be able to perform in either side of Torres in our current formation, and we would be able to switch to a 4-4-2 and have the best pairing up front in England. I do think that Ribery would fit in very well with our current formation, but Villa's scoring record is also a major plus.

Villa would bring lots and lots of goals and assists, and at the end of the day that's what it's all about.

At the moment we have Gerrard and Torres as two truly outstanding, world class players, so Villa would increase that quota to three.

Ribery impressed me tonight and I think he's a good player but there are still question marks over him, less so Villa.

Also David Villa has done it for a struggling Valencia side whereas Ribery is basically playing for the German equivalent of Rangers or Celtic.

That is as ridiculous as saying Cristiano Ronaldo is basically playing for the English equivalent of Rangers or Celtic.

Comparing the SPL to the Bundesliga is really that stupid.

Also, Villa. He'd cost less.

No hope of getting either player so this is completely pointless.*

*Villa.