You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The latest London drama...

Chris

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rashid really does like to ride the coat tails of the successful. Like claiming he's a Londoner cos he lived there for a while.

I had an argument with an old woman last week who said cockneys were "salt of the earth" and "won the war for Britain". I told her she'd been watching to much Eastenders.

:D Quality!

Would've been even better if she'd got irate, had a heat attack and died.

It's not like Liverpool or Coventry got some urban landscaping from Fritz is it? Besides, how does being flattened contribute to ultimate victory?

Stupid old boot.

London. Sucks the life out of meeee.

And the money from my pocket.

Maybe, but grub's cheap and there's plenty of Sam Smith's pubs in plum locales. £1.90 for a pint? Easer. Karl, don't do it - unless you really want to be a RIBAwanker.

Haha, I might avoid it then. To be honest I love being in Sheffield too much at the minute to even contemplate moving on, especially as I'm still years of qualifying. Like a moth, I'm attracted to the bright lights.

Alright, Reggie Kray.

Pissed myself.

Why change my name, dick head.

How do you know where I was born and whether I am a Londoner or not or where my family is from?

I lived in London 12 years of my life, 4 years at Uni, my missus lived there all her life, I have only ever worked in London these past 10 years too. What do I need to do for me to pass comment on it?

It is a brilliant city and has everything and every culture. E.g. In New York

post 9/11 - anyone dark coloured (and I have family there) was getting dogs abuse. In London after 7/7, bar the odd incident London was back to normal.

It is the most tolerent major city in the world and all those wankers who come for jobs and then moan about it are pathetic. It's like Liverpool fans from London supporting LFC bit calling Anfield a shit hole.

No city in England has anything close to Belgravia, Knighstbridge, Oxford Circus etc... no city in Europe has a financial centre like London, no city has as many jobs either.

I don't know where to start. The above is the worst few paragraphs I have ever read in my life.

It is a brilliant city and has everything and every culture. E.g. In New York post 9/11 - anyone dark coloured (and I have family there) was getting dogs abuse. In London after 7/7, bar the odd incident London was back to normal.

It is the most tolerent major city in the world and all those wankers who come for jobs and then moan about it are pathetic. QUOTE]

Yeah, Londoners don't let go of their emotions and spray the opinions which they're obviously carrying. They just secretly hate and resent anyone outside of their little cliques of intolerant, ignorant, self-righteous, pretentious, unfoundedly-arrogant wankers, and wouldn't throw their 12 quid bottle of organic mineral water on anyone outside of their own social class if they were on fire.

Rant over.

Rashid really does like to ride the coat tails of the successful. Like claiming he's a Londoner cos he lived there for a while.

I had an argument with an old woman last week who said cockneys were "salt of the earth" and "won the war for Britain". I told her she'd been watching to much Eastenders.

Fuck that. I am not a Londoner but I have spent most of my life there.. livedt here for 6 years and worked there for 10. SO I guess I am in a position to talk, it's also 18 miles from me and all my family are there. I am fond of it and can't be having wankers here to make money having a go at it.

Ironically I'm sure Rashid has called Liverpool racist and Anfield a shithole before.

I think Liverpool as a city from the times I have been there has more racist overtones/undertones than I have witnessed anywhere in London. It wasn't a million years ago John Barnes was being goaded on the Kop by his own fans.

A little bit of self awareness eh? London has 14 million people so of course there will be trouble spots.

Fuck that. I am not a Londoner but I have spent most of my life there.. livedt here for 6 years and worked there for 10. SO I guess I am in a position to talk, it's also 18 miles from me and all my family are there. I am fond of it and can't be having wankers here to make money having a go at it.

Wankers there to make money? You mean everyone?

I'm not making any fucking money, it's sucked all back into this economy. I'll being paid 33% more than I was in Liverpool, yet I'm far, far, far worse off.

Because the cost of living there is so unjustifiably high?

I'm not making any fucking money, it's sucked all back into this economy. I'll being paid 33% more than I was in Liverpool, yet I'm far, far, far worse off.

BUT there is more to see and do in London anywhere else. You pay for the location, it's the same with all the top cities in the world. You also start by being paid 33% extra, and that 33% has a far higher chance of increasing in the future in London than it does anywhere else. So you takes your chance.

You visited Brick Lane for a curry yet?

BUT there is more to see and do in London anywhere else. You pay for the location, it's the same with all the top cities in the world. You also start by being paid 33% extra, and that 33% will has a far higher chance of increasing in the future in London than it does anywhere else. So you takes your chance.

You visited Brick Lane for a curry yet?

What is it that makes you think that you can call people names and then attempt to converse with them on any kind of level outside that? Why would I be interested in talking to you about Brick Lane and curries?