You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The latest London drama...

Chris

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course, you have statistical data to back this up.

I don't care about the crime, about the cultural melting pot etc. I think it's the most 'westernised' place on the planet. It's all about money & success and seems to have a very narrow perspective as to what life is all about. I can't imagine a less symbiotic place existing.

I don't expect you to understand this Rashid.

I think it's pluses far outweigh the minuses mate. It accounts for a lot of jobs, it takes the biggest hit on immigrant numbers, it has the most multi cultural society, it has the biggest public transport network, and crime, despite all of this and 14 million people being here is still under similar control to what it is in the North West. There is more gun crime in Nottingham and Manchester than there is in London.

I think it's pluses far outweigh the minuses mate. It accounts for a lot of jobs, it takes the biggest hit on immigrant numbers, it has the most multi cultural society, it has the biggest public transport network, and crime, despite all of this and 14 million people being here is still under similar control to what it is in the North West. There is more gun crime in Nottingham and Manchester than there is in London.

You didn't listen to a word I said did you?

You didn't listen to a word I said did you?

Yes I did. You made London into some capitalist hell full of money hungry people willing to more or less kill people for their own ends. As if it is some sort of rat race. But you are are speaking about the general stereotype. East London for example is not disimilar to London and I love the place.

My point is that it's pluses far outweight the minuses.

Talking of Brick Lane and London not being racist, didn't someone blow the shit out of the place a few years ago with a nail bomb? And Brixton, and Soho...

London's biggest industry is 'the city' i.e professional greed, it can be no surprise that it's the way it is.

Talking of Brick Lane and London not being racist, didn't someone blow the shit out of the place a few years ago with a nail bomb? And Brixton, and Soho...

London's biggest industry is 'the city' i.e professional greed, it can be no surprise that it's the way it is.

Yep the nail bomber, some psycho who hated all minority groups including Asians, Blacks, Gays etc. (no it wasn't me!).

And I work in Moorgate, leave the city alone!

Bullshit! Really, that's bullshit!

Stats of firearms offences (excluding air weapons) for 2005/06 (from Home Office)

Offences per 100,000 population:

London - 52 (3,884 offences 05/06)

Greater Manchester - 47 (1,200)

Merseyside - 35 (485)

Nottinghamshire - 27 (277)

Link to report here...

I live in Nottingham and get sick and tired of this bullshit being trotted out all the time.

Find it. Then talk, otherwise shut the fuck up.

Errr, you just said it the post before this.

I think Liverpool as a city from the times I have been there has more racist overtones/undertones than I have witnessed anywhere in London. It wasn't a million years ago John Barnes was being goaded on the Kop by his own fans.

A little bit of self awareness eh? London has 14 million people so of course there will be trouble spots.

Hmm.

Edit - sorry for the quoting but it's necessary in this case.

The dong building.

The lifelike Cockney resemblance tower. The administration of 12 million cocks is performed from a gigantic steel dong. I bet all the female workers in that place pray for an earthquake, it'll transform from a dong to a vibo.

The most racist city in England? Is that what I said?

Sorry, no you didn't, not in this thread.

There's a degree of implication involved. Can you find out where I said

You made London into some capitalist hell full of money hungry people willing to more or less kill people for their own ends. As if it is some sort of rat race

Karl?

I can't.