You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thierry Henry

Walton Park

I dont know maybe im judging him on the player he was in the past but if you offered me henry for 10 million I think I would find it hard to turn down.

Personally I think torres is very similar in style to henry and im not sure where he would play in this team.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we should try for him. We'd be fucking idiots not do.

What our team is lacking at the moment is some old heads who've been there and done it. He's won leagues, european championships and been to world cup finals.

He'd jump at the chance to play for us as well and we probably provide his best route to a Champions League medal; the only one he lacks.

Of course we should try for him. We'd be fucking idiots not do.

What our team is lacking at the moment is some old heads who've been there and done it. He's won leagues, european championships and been to world cup finals.

He'd jump at the chance to play for us as well and we probably provide his best route to a Champions League medal; the only one he lacks.

He's bloody won it in fact.

I would have Henry in a flash. He is still in his prime and would love to come and play for us I bet.

Would two Carragher's work at CB?

Would two Gerrard's work at CM?

Hmm. Let me think.... well that would make us just about the strongest team on the planet. Hmmm, yes you're right actually, that would be proper well shit.

Blert.

dime2.JPG

Henry is only wanting to leave Barca because he isn't playing as the main striker in their formation (which is the same as ours) so why would be want to come here and play in the same position?

He would be a great addition to the team/squad if he would be happy to be playing off the main striker.

Are you for fucking real Rashid? You wouldn't want Two players of Gerrards, Carraghers, or Torres's quality, cos they're "too much alike". That's bollocks, ANY team in the world would make room for players of that quality.

And before any soft cunt tries to say I'm having a go at Rash, I'm not, I'm asking him a question, not having a dig.

Are you for fucking real Rashid? You wouldn't want Two players of Gerrards, Carraghers, or Torres's quality, cos they're "too much alike". That's bollocks, ANY team in the world would make room for players of that quality.

And before any soft cunt tries to say I'm having a go at Rash, I'm not, I'm asking him a question, not having a dig.

I just think Henry and Torres won't work as a partnership as both are carbon copy of each other.... I can't see Henry wanting to play wide of centre either as he does now... at 31 he isn't the way forward.

Of course I want world class players here, but I'd prefer a different world class player to Henry.

Arsenal seem to have missed his experiance of late. Although they haven't missed him for the majority of the season.

He's always talked fondly of the club and supporters but he would have to lose his attitude and all that posturing bollocks when he scores though, I hate that! I'd always welcome the signing of someone of his quality though regardless of age.

I just think Henry and Torres won't work as a partnership as both are carbon copy of each other.... I can't see Henry wanting to play wide of centre either as he does now... at 31 he isn't the way forward.

Of course I want world class players here, but I'd prefer a different world class player to Henry.

Torres and Henry as partners would be fantastic. They are everywhere, defenders wouldn't know what the fuck to do. As for two gerrards and two carras, yes please!

I wouldn't buy another inside left.

I think Babel has earned his place at the minute and deserves a long run in the team. Yes he will have dips in form as he is still young, but the only way to realise his potential is to stick with him and let him develop. Ferguson has proved this many times, most recently with Ronaldo.

I'd have it down as the fourth priority but i think we could do with a bit more quality. Still not 100% convinced by Babel.

We are rock solid everywhere else.

And where only one can play while the other hands in a transfer request for not playing.

Do you not think Stevie could play on the right

Do you not think he could play as a holding midfielder

Do you not think he could play as an attacking midfielder

Sorry rash.. i'd put 3 stevie's in my team and 2 Jamies on the back line

Do you not think Torres could learn from Henry, anyway.. Torres is so fast that i wouldn't have a problem playing torres on the left for a while.. just to see what he'd be like playing off Henry

Would two Carragher's work at CB?

Would two Gerrard's work at CM?

Of course it would work. Players of identical ability would probably find it easier to complement each other as they would both know what the other is likely to do.

Torres, Gerrard and Henry on the same pitch - at the same time. For the same team.

I need a wank.

As long as we would be happy playing on the right or indeed left side of the formation then yeah.

There is no way Torres will be moved from his striking position, he's the best striker in the world it'd be fucking stupid too.

Do you not think Stevie could play on the right

Do you not think he could play as a holding midfielder

Do you not think he could play as an attacking midfielder

Sorry rash.. i'd put 3 stevie's in my team and 2 Jamies on the back line

ha ha a ball would never get played along the floor from the back again.