You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Phantom Menace.

Watched this with the kids tonight, I think it's the first time I have watched it the whole way through and I can see why. Utter bollocks other than the Darth Maul scenes and some of the early Anakin story.

No wonder it was universally panned.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

The Phantom Menace.

Watched this with the kids tonight, I think it's the first time I have watched it the whole way through and I can see why. Utter bollocks other than the Darth Maul scenes and some of the early Anakin story.

No wonder it was universally panned.

The three originals where great films,everything since is shite.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I dont bother much with the films now but after watching the Ewan MacGregor one( Phantom Menace was it?)and the Oscar Isaacs one were enough to stop me watching any more.

Ok, sounds like you've seen two out of about eight films and written them all off as shite.

I probably wouldn't have watched them either if it wasn't for the kids but one or two of them, I definitely think hold their own.

On 20/07/2023 at 22:09, Mook said:

Ok, sounds like you've seen two out of about eight films and written them all off as shite.

I probably wouldn't have watched them either if it wasn't for the kids but one or two of them, I definitely think hold their own.

I am just board of the whole (hate to use the word) but franchise. Besides,nowadays I feel there are much better sci fi films about. I'm sure kids will still love it though.

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

Not been lucky on the firestick lately.

The recent Thor movie, the recent Guardians of the Galaxy and a weird animation called The House, none of which made it past an hour.

I'm reeling from this. Had you down ss a fil-um man.

• Haha 1

Barbie

Starts off decent enough as a surreal metaphor with some proper laughs thrown in. Loses its way when it tries to condense 100+ years of gender politics into a bright pink bundle while blurting out 'patriarchy' over and over again. Maybe I'm too thick/ unreconstructed to 'get it'. Or maybe I've no time for a light film trying to wrestle with hugely complex issues and bungling it, dunno... Ryan Gosling however, is a comedy genius though. Who knew?  

6/10

On 21/07/2023 at 18:17, Red74 said:

Thank me later

Brilliant. Up there with lemontree.org for 00's stitch ups that 

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Oppenheimer, decent enough, shades of imitation game and beautiful mind but not as good as either, also too long. 7/10.

Oh piss off I was hoping for a challenger to Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas and Jaws with this. Should have learnt it'll never happen from The Irishman I guess. 

25 minutes ago, cochyn said:

Barbie

Starts off decent enough as a surreal metaphor with some proper laughs thrown in. Loses its way when it tries to condense 100+ years of gender politics into a bright pink bundle while blurting out 'patriarchy' over and over again. Maybe I'm too thick/ unreconstructed to 'get it'. Or maybe I've no time for a light film trying to wrestle with hugely complex issues and bungling it, dunno... Ryan Gosling however, is a comedy genius though. Who knew?  

6/10

Worth a wank though? 

1 hour ago, cochyn said:

Barbie

6/10

A film about Barbie trying to address gender politics, what a time to be alive. 

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

A film about Barbie trying to address gender politics, what a time to be alive. 

Who gives a fuck though? It's a film about Barbie. The reaction from some has been laughable. Nearly up there with Fowlers God (Dan) coming back from Jurassic World moaning on here about the plot. 

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Who gives a fuck though? It's a film about Barbie. The reaction from some has been laughable. Nearly up there with Fowlers God (Dan) coming back from Jurassic World moaning on here about the plot. 

I think people give a fuck because this gender pish is pretty much ubiquitous now & the vast majority of us have much bigger problems in our lives.

Having said that, I have absolutely zero interest in anything to do with a Barbie film.

I was flicking through Amazon Prime the other night and saw a western called Bone Tomahawk.

In the dying days of the old west, an elderly sheriff and his posse set out to rescue their town's doctor from cannibalistic cave dwellers. 

I’d never heard of it before. With low expectations, I stick it on.

Fucking hell, absolutely brutal. It looks phenomenal. I liked all the cast. I thoroughly, thoroughly, enjoyed it.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I was flicking through Amazon Prime the other night and saw a western called Bone Tomahawk.

In the dying days of the old west, an elderly sheriff and his posse set out to rescue their town's doctor from cannibalistic cave dwellers. 

I’d never heard of it before. With low expectations, I stick it on.

Fucking hell, absolutely brutal. It looks phenomenal. I liked all the cast. I thoroughly, thoroughly, enjoyed it.

It goes from a standard western to fucked up in a matter of seconds. A thoroughly enjoyable movie.