You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

The Champ.

Never seen it before, I must be a heartless bastard because I thought it was a bit corny & didn't cry at the end. I did quite enjoy it though. John Voight is never an actor in a million years.

My favourite John Voight film is Runaway Train. He’s pretty wooden in it. It’s one of those shit/good films.

• Upvote 2

Klaus (Netflix)

Enjoyable if formulaic. Reminds me of one of those 90s animated flicks that wasn't made by Disney but was still good enough to stick with.

If you want something decent and easy going while you digest an uncomfortable amount of food it's worth a look.

The Hole In The Ground - 6.5/10. Relatively low budget Irish horror with a plot that’s been done to death. Nothing groundbreaking but well-acted.

A Christmas Horror Story - 3/10. Low budget horror anthology that’s piss poor on the whole, but 9/10 for the segment in which Santa decapitates a workshop full of ravenous zombie elves. Bet you don’t get that in Elf.

5 hours ago, Mook said:

The Champ.

Never seen it before, I must be a heartless bastard because I thought it was a bit corny & didn't cry at the end. I did quite enjoy it though. John Voight is never an actor in a million years.

You didn't cry at the of The Champ????!!!! Wow. 

I'd call you empty inside but we all know you've got next doors washing and a tub of pringles wedged firmly up your arse. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You didn't cry at the of The Champ????!!!! Wow. 

I'd call you empty inside but we all know you've got next doors washing and a tub of pringles wedged firmly up your arse. 

The only film I cry at is Rocky 3 when Micky dies. I've got the soundtrack on CD and even that sets me off.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

The only film I cry at is Rocky 3 when Micky dies. I've got the soundtrack on CD and even that sets me off.

Mickey dies in Rocky 3? Is it a glorious, horror movie death? 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hulk Hogan rips his head off and throws it to the crowd 

No wonder Mook cried, having an Aussie Croc killer with a giant knife rip your heroes head off. 

Knives out. 7/10

Even though that cunt of a director ruined my childhood, he’s made a half decent film here. 

Although she’s in her scruff, the girl who plays the nurse is absolutely gorgeous. 

decent copy on the Plex and we’ll worth a watch 

Ad Astra  6/10.

Watching the paint dry, but in space.

I didn't even know this was written and directed by Mr. Tedium himself, James Gray, who did that snoozefest The Lost City of Z before this one.

Still remember his debut Little Odessa with Tim Roth which made some critics stand up and take notice, but it was already a film stronger in intentions than execution. It was however intriguing for a small movie, but, when he followed it with exactly the same film Yards, I kind of lost track of him.

The enigma for me is, why is Gray  getting the big budgets now (OK, its Netflix, they are easy) after establishing his position as some kind of poor man's Terence Malick, but without whatever people see in Malick (obligatory long walks  through the long, long grass I guess). They're not giving Malick big bucks any more, because they've learnt by now.

Film industry as a meritocracy? I don't think so.

Ford Vs Ferrari

Christian Bale and Matt Damon co-star in this tale of Henry Ford jnr's feud with Enzo Ferrari and Ford's bid to wrestle away the Le Mans 24 hour title.

Sounded good but was even better. Bale (whom I reckon is a prize luvvie tosser) turns in his best ever acting performance imo.

Loved it.

9/10 Fen Kodi

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Ford Vs Ferrari

Christian Bale and Matt Damon co-star in this tale of Henry Ford jnr's feud with Enzo Ferrari and Ford's bid to wrestle away the Le Mans 24 hour title.

Sounded good but was even better. Bale (whom I reckon is a prize luvvie tosser) turns in his best ever acting performance imo.

Loved it.

9/10 Fen Kodi

Yeah it's brilliant that.

5 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Ford Vs Ferrari

Loved it.

9/10 Fen Kodi

Seen the trailer for this. Looks boss. Might try and get it on the kodi tomorrow.