You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield Eats

Karl_b

What sort of thing you looking for lad?

Blue Room, Woodseats?

There's a new place opposite the Winter Gardens which is suppossed to be quite good.

23 Bar in Plaza next to West One is contemporary but can get a bit pricey and busy in the bar later on.

Ivory just off west street

Ecclesall Road?

Avoid Dam House (Carlton Palmers place)

Blue Room, Woodseats?

There's a new place opposite the Winter Gardens which is suppossed to be quite good.

23 Bar in Plaza next to West One is contemporary but can get a bit pricey and busy in the bar later on.

Ecclesall Road?

is the dam house the one near the weston park museum - on that park? Always wanted to try that - never knew it was Carlton palmers place! learn something new every day.

Blue Room, Woodseats?

Ecclesall Road?

Woodseats is too far.

Ecclesall is where we were planning to go but the one opposite Winter Gardens may be an option. 543 on Ecclesall is closed apparently or we'd have gone there.

I recommend the following, taken from my food review spreadsheet:

Champs Sports Bar & Restaurant Eccy Road

BRB's Town

Nandos West Street

Dim Sum Restaurant London Road (opposite that Noodle bar)

East One West One

Hui Wei West Street

Wasabisabi London Road

Everest Abbeydale Road or Chesterfield Road

Jaflong Crookes

Indian Chef Crookes

Café Guru Town

Butlers Balti House University Roundabout

Casanova Pizzeria Ristorante - Crookes

Vittoria's Ecclesal Road (by Champs) - VERY NICE!

La Luna Eccy Road

Vito's South Road

BB's Town near Forum

Antibos West 1

Iguanas West 1

Spinrocks - Crookes

Cubana's Town - Trippet Lane

La Mancha West Street

The Curators House Botanical Gardens

Alaturka London Road

Worth a go?

I wouldn't say it's as classy as 543 but the food is very good and it's intimate. Italian Trattoria style but defo not a pizza/pasta joint. Good steak, fish meals etc. Same menu as Vito's and when we go there it costs about £70 for 3 courses for 2 with 1 bottle of wine (about £15). It's opposite Tesco's.

I wouldn't say it's as classy as 543 but the food is very good and it's intimate. Italian Trattoria style but defo not a pizza/pasta joint. Good steak, fish meals etc. Same menu as Vito's and when we go there it costs about £70 for 3 courses for 2 with 1 bottle of wine (about £15). It's opposite Tesco's.

That might be the one. I used to live just off Eccy road and there's some really good places to eat. The 'Pasta Bar' just on Sharrow Vale is ace.

That might be the one. I used to live just off Eccy road and there's some really good places to eat. The 'Pasta Bar' just on Sharrow Vale is ace.

The Mediterranean opposite the Porter Cottage is popular with the Cath household too.

and the peri peri sauce mmmmmmm which I found you can buy in the supermarkets too now. my top tip for you!

I can't believe anyone rates Nandos. We spent £11.95 on a salad and 2 cokes. I wouldn't pay that in somewhere with a Michelin star. How much margin? The salad was warm! The staff patronised us from the minute we walked in. "Do you like hot food?" Order at the till. Order at the feckin till? Why have you ushered me to a table then? It's system, system system. One item on the menu so no waste and lowest possible cost. Got the venture capitalists in have we? Cost driven are we? Where does the customer sit in your business plan?

At least McDonalds doesn't pretend to be a restaurant.

• 3 years later...

Came across this whilst looking for somewhere to go next week.

Hi-Life Diners Club, 2 4 1 restaurants in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Preston, Newcastle, Belfast, Dublin and throughout the UK & Ireland

It's a membership card you can get (costs £39.95) that gives you two for one at loads of restaurants. It includes chains such as Pizza Express as well as the more expensive places. I think each eatery offers a different deal, so some are '3 complimentary courses', others just 'complimentary main course'.

You have to ring and book a table in advance and ask them if you can use the card at the time you want, so I'm guessing there are restrictions at weekends. Still, if you use it half a dozen times a year you'll make your money back.

This post is sponsored by RemmieCorp

Came across this whilst looking for somewhere to go next week.

Hi-Life Diners Club, 2 4 1 restaurants in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Preston, Newcastle, Belfast, Dublin and throughout the UK & Ireland

It's a membership card you can get (costs £39.95) that gives you two for one at loads of restaurants. It includes chains such as Pizza Express as well as the more expensive places. I think each eatery offers a different deal, so some are '3 complimentary courses', others just 'complimentary main course'.

You have to ring and book a table in advance and ask them if you can use the card at the time you want, so I'm guessing there are restrictions at weekends. Still, if you use it half a dozen times a year you'll make your money back.

This post is sponsored by RemmieCorp

Mate of mine had one of them. Much easier if you're in a city, but he said it was well worth it.