You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

who is the most underrated player in world football?

El Rojo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling you aren't joking.

playing devil's advocate the way he was pushed down the pecking order with the return of owen despite the latter not playing all season was a disgrace.

that sent the message that no matter what crouch does, or how many he scores he is behind owen in pecking order whether owen is match fit or not.

playing devil's advocate the way he was pushed down the pecking order with the return of owen despite the latter not playing all season was a disgrace.

that sent the message that no matter what crouch does, or how many he scores he is behind owen in pecking order whether owen is match fit or not.

I think that maybe the fact that Michael Owen is one of the all-time leading goalscorers for England with, what, 36 odd goals, probably gives him some lee-way.

I think that maybe the fact that Michael Owen is one of the all-time leading goalscorers for England with, what, 36 odd goals, probably gives him some lee-way.

I can see why you would think that, what with Owen having played, er, no games in the past year and Crouch being bang on form.

and that attitude is why england will get nowhere

But Peter Crouch would help England win the World Cup?

Let's face it, if Owen gets some form and fitness back, or Bent starts banging them in for Spurs or even that crocked bald cunt at West Ham, I don't think Crouch will be that near to a starting place in the England side. Especially if the Fat Blue Manc has another great season.

Until Germany 2006 Owen Hargreaves.

From Liverpool I'd say Finnan and Reina.

Agree about the comment re: Scholes.

New names for the list:

Gareth Barry - How he's not in the England Squad more regularly I'll never know.

Deco - The one who makes Barca tick.

Essien - One of the best midfielders in the world.

Mellberg - Deserves better than Villa.

Stephen Bywater - England squad within 12 months.

New names for the list:

Gareth Barry - How he's not in the England Squad more regularly I'll never know.

Bywater?!?! you are having a laugh!

I do agree about Mellberg though, have always seen him as very very similar to Sami.

Deco is also class and I have always rated Guily for some reason, always seems to score when he plays.

How many Liverpool players have scored 20 league goals in a season lately ? Mickey Owen didn't manage it once, in a side built round him, playing to his strengths.

You mean like Gerrard a year ago?

Anyway... Carra is underrated. Shunsuke Nakamura is underrated. Diego Milito. Lots of underrated players.

New names for the list:

You see, that is why I mentioned Xavi, because whenever people rave about Barcalona it is always Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco amd Messi but never the passing metronome who is the foundation of their attacks. I reckon Xavi would run anyone close in the under-rated stakes.

Bywater?!?! you are having a laugh!

I do agree about Mellberg though, have always seen him as very very similar to Sami.

Deco is also class and I have always rated Guily for some reason, always seems to score when he plays.

Nope. Seen a fair bit of Bywater as my mates are Derby ST holders so I go with them sometimes if we've not got a game.

Bywater is class and will do well in the Premiership. If Derby go down next season he'll be on the wish list of many clubs, I'm sure.

I've been very impressed with him. Confident, commanding, comfortable with his kicking, good at claiming crosses, good shot stopper....

He'll make a name for himself next season, I'm sure of it!!

Who gives a damn about Own and/or what happens at English squads - especially those run by an incompetent muppet such as McLaren.

You see, that is why I mentioned Xavi, because whenever people rave about Barcalona it is always Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco amd Messi but never the passing metronome who is the foundation of their attacks. I reckon Xavi would run anyone close in the under-rated stakes.

Deco is a cheating little shit who looks like Benny from Top Cat.

Ronaldinho is a cheating little shit who looks like Bugs Bunny.

Messi is a cheating little shit who looks like Pinky from Pinky and The Brain.

Xavi and Xabi together in the midfield for Spain make the team purr.

As for Eto'o he is just a cheating little shit who looks like no-one else on earth.

Deco is a cheating little shit who looks like Benny from Top Cat.

Ronaldinho is a cheating little shit who looks like Bugs Bunny.

Messi is a cheating little shit who looks like Pinky from Pinky and The Brain.

Xavi and Xabi together in the midfield for Spain make the team purr.

As for Eto'o he is just a cheating little shit who looks like no-one else on earth.

Time to let go Madstock. Remove the avatar.

:(

I don't think Carra is underrated to be honest, I think the only reason he seems to miss out at International level is because he is a victim of his own adaptability. Just because he CAN play right back doesnt mean he SHOULD play there. Gerrard is the same for England, just because he CAN play right mid and Lampard Cant, stevie gets shoved out there.

I think Rio Ferdinand is MASSIVELY overrated.

Pains me to say it but I think Carvalho is underrated, he doesnt get the attention because of the "Amazing" John Terry.

Scott Parker is underrated, his work rate and determination is unbelievable, I used to live up there (at uni) and the Toon Army were gutted when he left.

I don't think Carra is underrated to be honest, I think the only reason he seems to miss out at International level is because he is a victim of his own adaptability. Just because he CAN play right back doesnt mean he SHOULD play there. Gerrard is the same for England, just because he CAN play right mid and Lampard Cant, stevie gets shoved out there.

You just shot yourself in the foot, because Gerrard actually plays for England and Carragher doesn't.