You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

Paco

what a silly post. no one expects us to instantly win the league just because we may buy Torres, dont forget that Utd have just spent £50 MILLION on an already title winning squad and Chelsea - even if they dont spend this window - still have a £300m squad

I would say Torres will be a great addition, a piece of the jigsaw that can be added to with time, we could also do with a good winger or two but i really dont see many about.

I wouldn't mind Rafa selling Crouch, Cisse, Bellamy and Gonzalez to fund a move for Tevez either :thumbsup: you never know

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know little of Torres but his attitude cannot be faulted. He reminds me of owen

except

playing for a club in the next eschelon.

He has been with the club all his life and has stayed loyal despite winning f all. He still loves them and is the club captain. For a young man of 23 (I think) he catains a club in la liga and despite the presure scores goals. It may take him a year or two to settle in and even then he may not adapt. In 4 years if he is not a roaring sucess we will be able to ecoup significant part of the transfer fee back.

The only problem and this is were Parry comes in it appears personal terms have not been discussed. It costs several mill a year at least just to pay these players so you can double the transfer fee over the term of the contract.

Then you have other players agents saying if he is on that we wont this.

I hope he genuinely wants this move and is not a typical greedy Maluda.

Sounds good but do we have to wait another week to get him unveiled?

I reckon we are going for one of our special press conferences were we unveil about 4 players, we never seem happy to unveil one by one. Lets hope Torres us joined by some other class players.

Sounds good but do we have to wait another week to get him unveiled?

I reckon we are going for one of our special press conferences were we unveil about 4 players, we never seem happy to unveil one by one. Lets hope Torres us joined by some other class players.

So we get a top new signing, an excellent new stadium, and the spine of the team is signed up for the next 4-5 years. All we need now is a replacement for lil luis and a decent defender and we will have had our best close season in years. And of course we need to make Mascherano a permanent signing!!!

Does anyone else get the impression that maybe Crouch is available... wasn't he originally bought 'cause we couldn't get Kuyt that year? Well now we have Kuyt, and Voronin (who can also play as a target man), so maybe, just maybe we are in for Tevez as well :drool:

One last question, last season there was some mention of our interest in Nasri... has anyone heard anything recently?

This signing is a massive risk. I'm glad we're able to finally back Rafa but there is no doubting this is a massive moment in Rafa's career here.

I remember hearing (i hink from Dave U) last summer that Rafa wasn't that interested in Torres as he thought he was more a prospect than a finished article and was over priced. Either he has changed his mind or he realises there aren't any other options available up front he can afford, (Eto'o, Villa out of the question) who he thinks would be an instant success (Milito) or have the capeability to improve in he future (Bent, good but not top top class) like Torres does being quite young.

Although we haven't signed him yet it's only a risk (financially) if we go out and spend mega money again before the season starts.

Gonzalez £4m

Garcia £4M

Cisse and Bellamy at a conservative estimate £12m the pair.

That's £20m for that lot.

Although we haven't signed him yet it's only a risk (financially) if we go out and spend mega money again before the season starts.

Gonzalez £4m

Garcia £4M

Cisse and Bellamy at a conservative estimate £12m the pair.

That's £20m for that lot.

But we need to spend at least another 35m on two quality wide players

Nick Alves has signed a 5 year deal last year Rafa's already ruled it out and we haven't been linked with him since the CL final no-one is seriously expecting us to be interested in him.

When have we been linked with Quaresma?

How much is Mancini worth we had a £13m bid turned down he can't be worth more than £15m tops.

That leaves a £20m winger and I can't say I've seen any winger that I'd spend that much on Ronaldo aside.

Nick Alves has signed a 5 year deal last year Rafa's already ruled it out and we haven't been linked with him since the CL final no-one is seriously expecting us to be interested in him.

When have we been linked with Quaresma?

How much is Mancini worth we had a £13m bid turned down he can't be worth more than £15m tops.

That leaves a £20m winger and I can't say I've seen any winger that I'd spend that much on Ronaldo aside.

With the heated speculation that has died down about Alves, i wouldn't be surprised if we are readying a bid for him on the sly.